Richard Colton

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Richard Colton ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

You don't have to shop at the supermarket.

Nor do they.
Nor do they have to inflict their repulsive crotchfruit on me.

So you were never a child then?

I was. If I'd behaved like the brats you see in the supermarket, I'd have
deserved the smack I'd have got.

Absolutely, and that's the root of the problem. If the parents haven't
instilled basic discipline and a respect for others, then you can't really
blame the kids for responding as they do. As before though, these "brats"
are in a minority (a loud one, granted).

I have at least as much right to be there, if not more, than the kids
do,

Why?

Because I'm a customer. The kids aren't. Their parents are, but they
aren't.

No, the kids are consumers. Parents buy for children, be it clothes or
food, and sometimes it's a bloody good idea to have them with you so that
you can check if the clothes fit, or what they want for their tea. The
needs and wants of the kids generates income for the supermarkets.

and I'm causing those parents FAR less inconvenience by going to the
supermarket than they cause me by taking their ASBO-trainees with
them.

Ah right, so all kids are going to grow up and become criminals?

Not all kids run about screaming in supermarkets while their fat mouth-
breathing parents stock their trolleys up with frozen junk food. I'd
suspect there's a reasonable correlation.

I'm glad you've finally conceded that point.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Frank Erskine

On 20 May 2005 23:20:03 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:04:55 UTC, Frank Erskine
wrote:

I get my milk delivered by the milkman and buy potatoes from the
market...

I stopped the milkman delivering when he (and his predecessors) shot
themselves in the foot by delivering the wrong quantities
(consistently). He clearly had a sales target to meet, so he'd add an
extra pint to a few dozen doorsteps.

I wouldn't complain about that. If you've arranged for, say, a pint of
milk a day for five days and a couple of bottles of OJ per week,
clearly you don't pay for any more than that.

It's no problem stopping a delivery if I have a glut of milk or am
away for a few days - I merely give the milkman (or his missus) a
ring, or tell her (or their son) when they call round for payment
every other Friday evening. Simple.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Richard Colton

wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 21:15:46 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 20 May 2005 16:47:16 +0200, sme wrote:

Aye, when I go shopping with the kids it is rather annoying to have
thoise spaces taken by people without kids. There is a safety thing
here not just the shorter walk. Kids and car parks are a dangerous
mix, kids are so easyly hidden by the parked cars and the restricted
view, especialy to the rear of most modern cars, doesn't help.

In most cases there is absolutely no need to take a kid or kids
anywhere near a supermarket

Absolute bloody rubbish, and you know it.

I was never dragged round shops kicking
and screaming

Maybe not, but you're making up for it now.

and allowed to stand or sit in trolleys where others
have to put their food .

And is that the child's fault or the parent's? As a minority of people are
miserable old gits, so a minority are bad parents.

I saw one bitch

Lovely. Did it take much practice to be so foul mouthed and bigotted?

snip

My thoughts also damn nuisance the lot of them

Just as you were back in the 1920's.

mind you stores don't
help when they go providing changing rooms and special parking spaces
for them .

Any particular reason why you think they should discourage some of their
best customers from shopping with them?

My father has a Blue Badge, we use it when I take him shopping but I'm
*really* looking forward to finding all the Blue Badge spots taken so
I can use one of the Parent & Child ones. After all we are father and
son, just happens that father is 91 and son 45...

My friend does exactly the same and makes a point of parking in a P&C
even if the disabled spaces are empty he is nearly 60 and Mother 89 he
has had many laughs doing this .Sod em they should not take their
YOUNG kids to supermarkets end of story .

I really hope that when I reach your age I don't suddenly become as arrogant
and vindictive as you appear to be. I've yet to see you post anything
helpful to any usenet group, but you do seem to have a major problem with
any section of society that doesn't include you.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk
www.thephonelocker.co.uk
www.gsm-solutions.co.uk

Stuffed

"Richard Colton" wrote in message
. uk...

"Stuffed" wrote in message

Surely aside from a few sweeties, an individual parent from a couple

with
children would spend just as much?

So what? They're still generally higher spenders than single people or
childless couples. If they want to go shopping, why shouldn't they?

If I want to take a South American rodent with me, why shouldn't I? Because
it might irritate the **** out of others, and generally be a pain. If I want
to wander around the shop singing death metal tracks at the top of my tone
deaf lungs, why shouldn't I? Because I have at least a smidgen of
consideration for others.
So why do couples have to take their whole evidence of procreation with
them, when all that happens is the extra stress of keeping an eye on them,
and the hassle it causes other shoppers?

Is there some sort of primitive instinct that instills a desire in those
that breed prolificly to show off the spawn of their loins to the world?

Yes, it's called pride - something I'm guessing your parents didn't have

in
you, hence the vitriol.

So you are in fact saying you agree parents should ignore the convenience of
all others out of pride, a selfish desire to show the world how great they
are at shagging and birthing? Congratu****inglations, you have managed what
countless millions of other, simpler organisms do every day. Thank you for
shoving it in my face when I want a bag of mushrooms and bottle of plonk, my
day just got so much better.

Do
they take some sick pleasure in getting on everyone elses tits?

Everyone? No,we just enjoy annoying the mental minority. ;-)

You mean those who choose not to force little olfactory assailants on the
unwilling?

It's a weak argument to say the whole bloody family has to fill the shop
because that way the supermarkets make more money.

Excuse me, but that's not what I said. I actually said that they have

just
as much right to be there as you do, and that stores will generally value
their business more highly due to their (generally) higher spend.

I don't deny people their right to shop (although I do often question the
automatic right to breed), I just wonder quite qhy some feel the need to
excersize that right aggressively on others.

Possibly my attitude is due to the fact I go to a shop to buy things,

not
as
some substitute for making the effort to have family time in a more
recreational environment?

Right, and parents so the supermarket shopping because it's "fun". Yeah,
right.

So why then? Pride? Fun? The house is on fire between the hours of 7 and
8pm?

The only anything like sensible reason someone gave last time this argument
came up is it helps his toddler shut up and get to sleep from time to time,
or something like that. Still annoying, but at least there's a proper reason
behind it, not some double edged show off whilst torment the children idea.

and I
don't think their bicuity smell and fully formed lungs are a delight to
behold.

Tough. They're there, get used to it.

I know they exist, I just don't quite understand why their parents feel the
need to remind me in what must be one of the least suitable places for them
to exist in. What's wrong with playgrounds, parks, after school clubs,
nurseries, and all the other places run mainly for the benefit of breeders?

I have small animals, I love them to bits, but I'm sure you wouldn't
appreciate their squeaks and puddles of **** in the bread section.

No, I wouldn't. Mind you, I can't remember ever seeing a human child
****ing in the bread section either, so what's your point?

I'm very proud of my animals. By some miracle, when they have sex, there's
often more of them a few months later. I want to show them off to the world,
and though a supermarket would more than likely frighten and disturb them, I
feel everyone shopping should winess the unique miracle of their existence.
But that wouldn't go down too well with a fair number of shoppers, so I
don't do it.

I don't want to trip over your uncontrolled child, or be assaulted with
their deafening screams, or be nauseated by their foul odour (OK, that's a
minority, but it still happens), so I don't go to the places created and
maintained with children in mind. Yet I still have to suffer them, which I
will do without complaint, so long as there's a genuine reason.

Nope, just don't get it. If you have nobody else available to look after
your offspring, then fair enough. But when there's two of you, buying

the
same crap as you did last week, fighting to keep an eye on your kids as
they
scream and fall over in front of others

Again, not a problem I've ever had. My children know how to behave.

That is certainly not the case for the majority around here

who actually just want to get the
shopping done and get out, I can only think there really is some obscure
mental condition that's triggered when the missus forgot to take the

pill
that time.

You really are quite a bitter and twisted person. If parents and children
wish to go shopping together, there's no reason why they shouldn't. The
children should be kept under control, but that's simple good parenting.

Not quite, *incredibly* bitter and twisted. It's a hobby

I'll admit that I've seen my fair share of badly behaved kids in
supermarkets, but they are in a minority.

Really, they aren't around here. And even if they were, I still can't see
the point. A busy supermarket is not what I would've thought of as an ideal
place for a child, hell, they can be confusing enough for adults when the
staff decide to move everything around while you're halfway through the
weekly shop! If all the children were well behaved, capable of talking
instead of screeching, and looking where they're going instead of running
into you and then having their parents blame you, then I'd think of them as
no more annoying than the gatherings late middle aged people who are drawn
together to discuss what's happened since they last met two hours ago,
causing gridlock down the fresh fruit section

Stuffed

"Taz" me@home wrote in message ...

"Stuffed" wrote in message

**** you Stuffed, or maybe Stuff you ****ed.
If I want to take my kids shopping with me, I bloody well will. They are
better behaved than your display of throwing toys out of a pram. Imagine
shopping with your kids at home wondering if they are safe, wondering if
they would like the tee shirt you are looking at for them, wondering if

they
would prefer a pizza or a Chinese, wondering if they would like that

video,
toy, etc.etc. Kids shop too ya ****wit, and if their parents are with

them,
well, you can temper the excesses that kids have. If I let my kids shop
without parental control, we would have more widescreen tellys, game
consoles, etc. than you could shake a stick at.

I rest my case.

Stuffed

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

If you lost the gem out of your beloved dearly departed great grandmother's
wedding ring, would you say it's only a ring? How about that clock your
father left you on his deathbed, does it matter if I crack the glass on the
face?

It could be an heirloom. It could be a hire or lease. It could have deep
sentimental value. It could simply be worth ****loads. It often, however, is
not only a car. So if you or your offspring ever dent my door, at the very
least you will pay the full amount to professionally repair it.

Stuffed

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Stuffed" wrote in message

I only have mild problems, and could do most of my shopping after

midnight
if pushed, when the normal spaces close to the doors are always free.

I couldn't. My problem is that I need to sleep, probably the payback for

all
those years of staying up all night or clubbing until three or four in the
morning, or playing cards and drinking and smoking through the night ...

Well, it was worth it:-)

Been there, done that. I almost miss it, till I realise most mornings I can
actually breathe and don't have two ballet dancing hippos practising in my
head

Yes it is. Not having legs or neck or whatever doesn't stop you applying

for
a blue card like all the others. If they can do it so can you.

What about the time between going "oh fug, me neck's compressed" and getting
the card? Do you starve?

It's all about people in authority trying to make judgement calls, instead
of blindly following an arbitrary rule, IMO. But that requires independant
thought, something that doesn't seem to be in fashion nowadays

Depresion

"H" wrote in message

We have the same 'illegal' parking issues as the OP, and so far polite notices
tucked under the windscreen (with veiled threats of prosecution for trespass)

It's only civil trespass, prosecution would prove rather difficult in these
circumstances. Thankfully for you most people are unaware of the fact.

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move that
day,
but they should get the message in future.

You really shouldn't do that

Nor should you put the sticker on the windscreen with silicone adhesive as
it will leave a smear which is next to impossible to remove over the life
of the windscreen. Whatever you do, don't stick polyurethane foam up the
exhaust, it's a very very bad thing to do.

Brer Rabbit! It's years since I saw anything from you :-)

Yes Mary, it's long past your bed time

--
geoff

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Zak wrote:

What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily?

A brick?

:0)

One of the better tricks might be to superglue a dead weasel, all

four
feet, on.

I cable wrapped one to my myopic neigbours car radio aerial once. It

was
still there a week later....

ROFL!
any tips on where we can find a weasel, alive or dead?!!
love that plan.
-B

John

oups.com...

Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Zak wrote:

What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily?

A brick?

:0)

One of the better tricks might be to superglue a dead weasel, all

four
feet, on.

I cable wrapped one to my myopic neigbours car radio aerial once. It

was
still there a week later....

ROFL!
any tips on where we can find a weasel, alive or dead?!!
love that plan.
-B

Couldn't you try to watch for the errant parker approaching, then deftly and
surreptitiously using a latex glove apply superglue to his/her door handle
so its still active when he/she opens the door? (The ensuing enforced wait
might cause serious time for reflection on the inadvisability on parking
there ever again).
Sorry pal I've no idea how it could possibly have got there but the kids
round here are little terrorsg

Ian F.

"R" wrote in message

I was thinking along those lines myself

Our block uses a clamping firm, which is excellent. They visit at least once
a day and clamp cars which do not display a residents' parking permit. Not
only is there no charge to us, but they give us 10% of the unclamping fees,
which is credited to the service charge by the block's management.

If you take on a clamping company, do make sure they are registered and
accredited by the SIA.
http://www.britishparking.co.uk/page...I%20public.doc

Ian

Adrian

Richard Colton ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

I have at least as much right to be there, if not more, than the
kids do,

Why?

Because I'm a customer. The kids aren't. Their parents are, but they
aren't.

No, the kids are consumers.

I didn't say they weren't consumers. Of course they're consumers. They
aren't *customers*.

Not all kids run about screaming in supermarkets while their fat
mouth- breathing parents stock their trolleys up with frozen junk
food. I'd suspect there's a reasonable correlation.

I'm glad you've finally conceded that point.

Never said otherwise. It's just all the repulsive screaming fighting brats
that seem to be dragged round the supermarket. Maybe they wait to watch me
heading towards the door, specially to torment me?

Adrian

Bob Eager ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

The sign says "Parent and Child", he's with his parent. Where's the
problem?

Exactly the sign says parent and child not parent and young child .

So, do you define anyone (even you) who has a living parent as a
'child'?

If not their child, what relationship *are* you to your parents?

If the supermarkets don't say what they mean on the signs, how are we to
know what they mean?
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

Brer Rabbit! It's years since I saw anything from you :-)

Yes Mary, it's long past your bed time

Indeed it was and I'd been asleep for almost two hours when you typed that.
You should read all posts first before replying, not like everyone else,
jumping in with both feet.

Mary
(included in the everyone else bit!)

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 21:51:23 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:10:26 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I read labels but don't buy cans - or anything with E numbers.

What, not even E901 and E948 (mind, E948 is bad for you in large
quantities)?

Good try :-)

I bet you, in particular, have ingested a fair bit of E901...

Very small quantities actually, only on my quinine sulphate these days.

Mary

--
Bob Eager

Mary Fisher

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message

I get my milk delivered by the milkman

You're lucky to have a milkman who delivers the kind of milk you want.

The only organically produced milk ours does is uht. Perfectly good milk
subjected to a process which does it no favours :-(

Mary

AndrewR

Adrian wrote:
AndrewR ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

My friend does exactly the same and makes a point of parking in a
P&C even if the disabled spaces are empty he is nearly 60 and
Mother 89 he has had many laughs doing this.

What? He gets amusement from inconveniencing others for no reason at
all?

The sign says "Parent and Child", he's with his parent. Where's the
problem?

I didn't say he was violating the "Parent and child" rule, I said he was
getting amusement from deliberately inconveniencing others, which is exactly
what he is doing.

But, given the arsehole he choses to be friends with I'm not surprised by
his actions.

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo

Mary Fisher

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:54:45 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Sue Begg wrote:
From the supermarkets point of view it is in their interests to
encourage children because the parents spend a lot more.

Perhaps they could have different Days, so one could decide which
annoyances to avoid.

Monday could be Dotty Pensioner Free Day

That wouldn't work. Dotty pensioners don't know which day is which, so
would still turn up.

I wonder if the poster will still demand a Dotty Pensioner-free Day when the
poster is a Dotty Pensioner.

Hey! That sounds like a good title for a Beatles track - oh no, those left
are Dotty Pensioners.

Mary

:-)

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland

Mary Fisher

"Adrian" wrote in message

Never said otherwise. It's just all the repulsive screaming fighting brats
that seem to be dragged round the supermarket. Maybe they wait to watch me
heading towards the door, specially to torment me?

I would even go to a supermarket to do that. Where are you?

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Adrian" wrote in message

I'm not screaming. Not having uncontrollable kids, I don't need to.

er ... ?

Mary Fisher

"Adrian" wrote in message

I prefer to get the half-decent fresh fruit and veg,

I prefer to eat 100% decent fresh fruit and veg which is one reason I don't
shop at supermarkets.

- a dinner that I've decided to cook using
(relatively) fresh ingredients bought that day?

'Relatively fresh' is unacceptable.

Mary

Mary Fisher

wrote in message
On Sat, 21 May 2005 01:20:10 +0100, Edwin
wrote:

When I was young (sixties also) we had these newfangled things called
"Saturday".

You are after me then Edwin I joined the army in July 1960 must have
been great being young in the sixties with no ration books to bother
about . You know I would just love to take half a dozen or so young
parents with young children who think they are so hard done by today
back to the late forties and early fifties hell they would starve to
death .

No they wouldn't. You didn't. I didn't. Most people didn't.

No washing machines no central heating no bathrooms unless you
where really posh and in our case no electricity either until 1952.
None of the junk food read meals

er - there was a huge amount of canned food including 'meats'. Much of the
pre-prepared things sold by butchers such as sausages had a very low meat
content. I often found bits of cardboard in the 'porage' I had at school - I
didn't care, it went down. How about dried potatoes, milk, eggs, things like
Sagion 'stuffing' and 'gravy' browning ... would *you* like to go back to
those days, truthfully?

that you see parents of today
stuffing into their supermarket trolleys, all food had to be cooked
from fresh produce

No it didn't.

which was bought in the local town and carried home
on the bus

Many -I'd opine most - people had local shops in walking distance.

the average working class family could not afford to run a
car in those days .

It wasn't just about not being able to afford a car, there were very few
cars about for anyone to afford.

My godfather had a Jowett Bradford van, he taught me to drive in that but it
wasn't until 1970 that we had a car.

And I personally seem to remember late night opening on a Friday. Maybe
it depended on where you lived?

The only shops open late in our area where the off licences .

Ah yes, the working classes could always buy their booze.

Not much has changed, really ...

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

I apologise, I've confused you with someone who's been complaining about
children's behaviour in supermarkets.

Wow! A gracious apology for a misunderstanding on Usenet? Surely some
mistake? Anyway, gracefully accepted.

I always apologise when I realise that I'm wrong.

Ill behaved children do annoy me, but mostly it's the "I wouldn't have
been allowed to do that" grump, and I think it's a case of the noticeable
minority. By the way, my wife has just read this thread and told me that I
come across as a Grumpy Old Man (I'm 32, but may have to confess to being
a GOM since early teens).

My husband has been the same. But I won't swap him.

... Perhaps there's a correlation between the parents who care
enough to buy their family decent food, and the parents who raise well
behaved kids?

I should think there's a lot in that. Also the fairly often reported
correlation between processed food and hyper-activity in children.

I'm not entirely convinced of the causal link there, but I think there's
enough evidence that we really need a proper double blind study.

I think there have been but I'm not going to start researching it now.

There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that kids fed a proper diet in schools
behave better. There's really no excuse for the crap that schools have
been feeding them, and if I did have kids, they'd be on lunchboxes or
would come home for lunch.

No, I don't have television and don't buy newspapers or general interest
magazines but I do read specialist magazines, one being published by The
Food Commission - I'm passionate about well produced good food. We buy our
meat from a daughter who has an organic farm with rare breed animals and
poultry

Excuse me while I envy.

There are plenty of outlets like that, you just have to do a bit of
research. Once the initial effort has been put into it it's easy - far more
pleasant than going to the supermarket

We get things like cleaning products from the supermarket, we only get
food when I've not had time to shop. We grow what makes sense on the space
we've got, mostly salad crops and posh spuds, with some tomatoes and soft
fruit.

Yes, I always also grow runner beans and courgettes, beetroot, chard. globe
artichoke and oh joy! my first asparagus seedlings are up. I'll have to live
another three years to enjoy it but it gives me something to aim for!

The silly thing is that I've alwys been too impatient to begin an asparagus
bed, with the wisdom of age I realise how much pleasure I've denied us!

Mary

--
Steve Walker

Mary Fisher

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

Well said that man!

Mary

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Mary Fisher

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to sell
it, which is obviously totally unimportant. You won't mind if I rifle
through your wallet then?

sigh

A car is for going, stopping and carrying. That's all. You can keep it until
it dies then get another. You don't HAVE to sell it.

Someone once claimed that I'd scraped his bumper (!) in a car park and that
it would reduce the re-sale value. I said that if he was as hard up as that
I'd pay him for the repair and gave him a cheque there and then. I have no
respect for that attitude.

Mary
--
Steve Walker

Mary Fisher

On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:43:25 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

FFS it's only a car.

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to
sell it, which is obviously totally unimportant.

Correct. I've owned 4 cars, in 25+ years of driving (just taken on the
4th). Of the three others, 2 died in accidents, the third was part
exchanged (guaranteed £1000) before it fell apart from the ravages of
the iron moth catapillar.

Oh is THAT what causes weetabix underneath! I'll have to brush up on my
entymology :-)

Mary

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Mary Fisher

"Stuffed" wrote in message

FFS it's only a car.

If you lost the gem out of your beloved dearly departed great
grandmother's
wedding ring, would you say it's only a ring?

Probably - jewellery is unimportant.

How about that clock your
father left you on his deathbed, does it matter if I crack the glass on
the
face?

No.

It could be an heirloom. It could be a hire or lease. It could have deep
sentimental value. It could simply be worth ****loads. It often, however,
is
not only a car. So if you or your offspring ever dent my door, at the very
least you will pay the full amount to professionally repair it.

And will you have the repair done or just pocket the cash with a smirk?

Look, people are more important than things.We should love people and use
things, not use people and love things.

I once reversed into a very low bollard and dented the rear bumper on our
car. It had no effect whatsoever on any of the functions of the car - to go,
stop and carry things. It didn't even have an effect on the subsequent MOT
test.

What upset me was that when I went indoors and dramatically told Spouse that
I'd crashed into something his response was to ask how much damage there was
to the car, he didn't ask if I was injured.

He very quickly realised that he'd got his priorities wrong.

Mary

Conor

In article , Alistair J Murray says...

The unauthorised parker has temporarily deprived the space owner of
enjoyment of their property so can have no real objection to similar
treatment.

Stupid moron shouldn't live in London if he doesn't like the parking
situation. I live over 200 miles away and even I know that parking in
London is a big problem.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , Steve Walker says...
In message , Conor
writes
In article om, Dave
Liquorice says...
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

And if it dents that easily then it ain't a good one anyway.

Clearly good cars don't exist then. Show me one you can't damage by
opening a door into it forcefully enough.

There's a world of difference between grabbing a door with both hands
and slamming it against the next car with as much force as possible and
the contact force it'd get when the door was opened by a child.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , says...

In most cases there is absolutely no need to take a kid or kids
anywhere near a supermarket

Guess you were lucky to have a spare parent to sit at home.

I saw one bitch standing her bloody kid on
the checkout belt in Sainsburys today back in the late forties and
early fifties one of our parents used to look after us while the other
did the shopping . These days parents would sooner inconvenience other
shoppers with their blasted lids than look after them themselves at
home .
Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home
when they go to the supermarket.

My thoughts also damn nuisance the lot of them mind you stores don't
help when they go providing changing rooms and special parking spaces
for them .
My father has a Blue Badge, we use it when I take him shopping but I'm
*really* looking forward to finding all the Blue Badge spots taken so
I can use one of the Parent & Child ones. After all we are father and
son, just happens that father is 91 and son 45...

My friend does exactly the same and makes a point of parking in a P&C
even if the disabled spaces are empty he is nearly 60 and Mother 89 he
has had many laughs doing this .Sod em they should not take their
YOUNG kids to supermarkets end of story .

PLEASE GO TO ****ING SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO USE A FULLSTOP YOU STUPID
INBRED HALFWIT.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , says...
On 20 May 2005 22:39:36 GMT, Adrian wrote:

AndrewR ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

My friend does exactly the same and makes a point of parking in a P&C
even if the disabled spaces are empty he is nearly 60 and Mother 89
he has had many laughs doing this.

What? He gets amusement from inconveniencing others for no reason at
all?

The sign says "Parent and Child", he's with his parent. Where's the
problem?

Exactly the sign says parent and child not parent and young child .

At least you're confirming your stupidity.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Conor

In article . 170,
Adrian says...

If not their child, what relationship *are* you to your parents?

Son, daughter?

If the supermarkets don't say what they mean on the signs, how are we to
know what they mean?

A "child" is a person under 18.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , says...

Ah so you don't have any Tesco or Asda stores round your way which
open at 8 am Monday morning and close at 10 PM the following Saturday
night do you not Andrew .

I don't and neither do the other 11,000 people living in my town. As
its a rural area, not many of the townsfolk do 9 to 5 jobs.

Andrew I go to our local Sainsburys most days of the week because it
is only a 1 mile drive there and back and to all intents and purposes
it is our corner shop

Why do you not walk? Its only a mile. POLLUTER.

I blame their stupid ignorant parents with their
couldn't care less attitude to the rest of the people in the store.

And I wonder where they got that from? Oh, that's right. YOUR
GENERATION.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , H
says...

The problem is that there is virtually no free on street parking in the
borough where I live, and the problem is going to get worse.

THen move somewhere else. Someone who lives in London and cannot accept
the parking situation is a bloody fool.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , Richard
Colton says...

Absolutely, and that's the root of the problem. If the parents haven't
instilled basic discipline and a respect for others, then you can't really
blame the kids for responding as they do.

And the parents don't install the discipline because they remember the
absolutely miserable childhood that his generation subjected them to.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Conor

In article , says...

So do I when they have to depend on handouts from the rest of the
countries tax payers to keep the little *******s them that make them
should have the necessary income to feed and clothe them

I thought you lived on state handouts?

Depends on your definition of a child it is the 9 and 10 year olds and
younger that are the real menace in supermarkets mainly the teens
I see in supermarkets are usually quite polite and even helpful
sometimes and are none smelly .

USE ****ING FULLSTOPS YOU STUPID OLD *******.