Mark Trueman

Default What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

they used to do this at our uni if you parked without a pass.
Unfortunately they got done by the law for sticking un-removable stuff
on the windscreens.

They got round it by sticking them on the rear side windows, any other
window is asking for trouble.

sme

On Fri, 20 May 2005 08:53:10 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, Mark Trueman
wrote....

they used to do this at our uni if you parked without a pass.
Unfortunately they got done by the law for sticking un-removable stuff
on the windscreens.

They got round it by sticking them on the rear side windows, any other
window is asking for trouble.

I was thinking that myself. I thought it wa sclassed as an act of vandalism
if you attach something to a car which hinders the drivers view.
Windscreens were a definate no-no and side windows were ok (the front ones
could be wound down to see their mirror), which was why you used to see so
many people leave car parks with their window down in the rain.

I used to have a similar problem where i lived, but it was a public road so
anyone could park. The problem was people watching you and even following
you to see if you got into a car so they could get your space. On a few
occasions, when i was sitting in the car warming it up, people knocked on
my windscreen to ask if i was going out so they could get the space!

Letting down at least 2 tyres is probably the easiest option and it does no
damage.

--
sme
JK

You say this is *your* car park, but you need to be clear what this
means before you take action. Either it is reserved in some way for
your use (either because it is privately owned or because the local
authority has set it aside for your exclusive use) OR it is a public
parking place. If the former, you have my sympathy, and perhaps some of
the actions mentioned in this thread will help. However, you should
really turn to legal remedies rather than vigilantism - you're more
than likely to get confrontations with the kind of people who invade
other people's parking spaces - good luck, take a big dog with you.

If you don't have legal right to exclusive parking, on the other hand,
tough. Suck it down. There's nothing more annoying than those nutters
who leave their own personal traffic cones on the street in front of
their house. If I parked in a legal parking spot and someone vandalized
my car, I'd take photos, have it professionally cleaned and take them
to the small claims courts for costs.

So which are you, aggrieved victim or cone-nutter?

Adrian

Zak ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

It is privately owned by the residents of the flats. We pay for
its upkeep and maintenance and insurance. Its boundary is shown
in the deeds of our flats.

So which are you, aggrieved victim or cone-nutter?

Aggrieved victim.

So follow up on the clamp warning signs. Buy a clamp. They're not
expensive.

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?d=36&t=148
Guy King

The message
from sme contains these words:

Letting down at least 2 tyres is probably the easiest option and it does no
damage.

When shoppers used to pinch my wife's disabled space in Hounslow we just
parked each end of 'em boxing them in with less than an inch to spare.
Since we both ran old bangers neither of us cared a lot if they
struggled to get out.

Surprisingly, quite a few chose to ring the police, who were in on the
game and would come round and give 'em a bollocking for parking in a
disabled space without a blue badge.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:51:03 UTC, Guy King
wrote:

When shoppers used to pinch my wife's disabled space in Hounslow we just
parked each end of 'em boxing them in with less than an inch to spare.
Since we both ran old bangers neither of us cared a lot if they
struggled to get out.

I used to have a reserved space at work, because I was on 24 hour call
for things such as fires, deaths etc. Every Friday a group of people
used to come along for a noon prayer meeting, and I was sometimes out.
Nearly every time, one of them would use that space, and (unlike me) was
untouchable because they were not a student or an employee. When I
returned, I just parked across the front of the space. Somebody in it?
Tough.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Trooper

Bob Eager loved her ferret enough to say...
wrote:

When shoppers used to pinch my wife's disabled space in Hounslow we just
parked each end of 'em boxing them in with less than an inch to spare.
Since we both ran old bangers neither of us cared a lot if they
struggled to get out.

I used to have a reserved space at work, because I was on 24 hour call
for things such as fires, deaths etc. Every Friday a group of people
used to come along for a noon prayer meeting, and I was sometimes out.
Nearly every time, one of them would use that space, and (unlike me) was
untouchable because they were not a student or an employee. When I
returned, I just parked across the front of the space. Somebody in it?
Tough.

You didn't happen to lecture at UKC did you? If so, you taught me

--
Trooper
lid (remove the obvious)

Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:10:37 UTC, Trooper
wrote:

You didn't happen to lecture at UKC did you? If so, you taught me

Oh dear. Another one! Yes....

Email address *is* valid...identify yourself!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Conor

In article , Zak says...

It is privately owned by the residents of the flats.

NO IT ISN'T YOU STUPID ****.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Christian McArdle

It is privately owned by the residents of the flats.

NO IT ISN'T YOU STUPID ****.

So you've checked the freehold and leases with the land registry?

Christian.

Mary Fisher

wrote:

You didn't happen to lecture at UKC did you? If so, you taught me

Oh dear. Another one! Yes....

What's UKC?

Mary

Depresion

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
It is privately owned by the residents of the flats.

NO IT ISN'T YOU STUPID ****.

So you've checked the freehold and leases with the land registry?

It's privately owned by the land owner and leased to the residents there is a
significant difference.

Neil

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Zak says...

It is privately owned by the residents of the flats.

NO IT ISN'T YOU STUPID ****.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Looks like you are the person type in your post.

the op has stated the CP is owned by the landlord of the flats!!!!

learn how to read

Kind Regards
Neil B
Orange CS - +447837614753
Live Life in the Fast Lane - www.blueyonder.co.uk

Depresion

"Neil" wrote in message
. uk...
"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Zak says...

It is privately owned by the residents of the flats.

NO IT ISN'T YOU STUPID ****.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Looks like you are the person type in your post.

the op has stated the CP is owned by the landlord of the flats!!!!

learn how to read

So Conor is (and it pains me to say this) right. The carpark is not owned by
the residents of the flats it is under lease to them. Pop down to your local
major library and read up about leasing laws (most are open till 4pm on
Saturdays). You can then understand the difference between owning and leasing a
peace of property.

"Depresion" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
. uk...
"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Zak says...

It is privately owned by the residents of the flats.

NO IT ISN'T YOU STUPID ****.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Looks like you are the person type in your post.

the op has stated the CP is owned by the landlord of the flats!!!!

learn how to read

So Conor is (and it pains me to say this) right. The carpark is not
owned by the residents of the flats it is under lease to them. Pop down to
your local major library and read up about leasing laws (most are open
till 4pm on Saturdays). You can then understand the difference between
owning and leasing a peace of property.

Conor may be right... but I do wish he wouldn't press his caps-lock and
shout obscenities at people who haven't done him any harm.

sigh

Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mary Fisher"
saying something like:

wrote:

You didn't happen to lecture at UKC did you? If so, you taught me

Oh dear. Another one! Yes....

What's UKC?

Uncle Krusty's Combinations
--