sme

On Fri, 20 May 2005 08:53:10 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, Mark Trueman
wrote....

they used to do this at our uni if you parked without a pass.
Unfortunately they got done by the law for sticking un-removable stuff
on the windscreens.

They got round it by sticking them on the rear side windows, any other
window is asking for trouble.

I was thinking that myself. I thought it wa sclassed as an act of vandalism
if you attach something to a car which hinders the drivers view.
Windscreens were a definate no-no and side windows were ok (the front ones
could be wound down to see their mirror), which was why you used to see so
many people leave car parks with their window down in the rain.

I used to have a similar problem where i lived, but it was a public road so
anyone could park. The problem was people watching you and even following
you to see if you got into a car so they could get your space. On a few
occasions, when i was sitting in the car warming it up, people knocked on
my windscreen to ask if i was going out so they could get the space!

Letting down at least 2 tyres is probably the easiest option and it does no
damage.

--
sme