Stuffed

"Richard Colton" wrote in message
. uk...

"Stuffed" wrote in message

Surely aside from a few sweeties, an individual parent from a couple

with
children would spend just as much?

So what? They're still generally higher spenders than single people or
childless couples. If they want to go shopping, why shouldn't they?

If I want to take a South American rodent with me, why shouldn't I? Because
it might irritate the **** out of others, and generally be a pain. If I want
to wander around the shop singing death metal tracks at the top of my tone
deaf lungs, why shouldn't I? Because I have at least a smidgen of
consideration for others.
So why do couples have to take their whole evidence of procreation with
them, when all that happens is the extra stress of keeping an eye on them,
and the hassle it causes other shoppers?

Is there some sort of primitive instinct that instills a desire in those
that breed prolificly to show off the spawn of their loins to the world?

Yes, it's called pride - something I'm guessing your parents didn't have

in
you, hence the vitriol.

So you are in fact saying you agree parents should ignore the convenience of
all others out of pride, a selfish desire to show the world how great they
are at shagging and birthing? Congratu****inglations, you have managed what
countless millions of other, simpler organisms do every day. Thank you for
shoving it in my face when I want a bag of mushrooms and bottle of plonk, my
day just got so much better.

Do
they take some sick pleasure in getting on everyone elses tits?

Everyone? No,we just enjoy annoying the mental minority. ;-)

You mean those who choose not to force little olfactory assailants on the
unwilling?

It's a weak argument to say the whole bloody family has to fill the shop
because that way the supermarkets make more money.

Excuse me, but that's not what I said. I actually said that they have

just
as much right to be there as you do, and that stores will generally value
their business more highly due to their (generally) higher spend.

I don't deny people their right to shop (although I do often question the
automatic right to breed), I just wonder quite qhy some feel the need to
excersize that right aggressively on others.

Possibly my attitude is due to the fact I go to a shop to buy things,

not
as
some substitute for making the effort to have family time in a more
recreational environment?

Right, and parents so the supermarket shopping because it's "fun". Yeah,
right.

So why then? Pride? Fun? The house is on fire between the hours of 7 and
8pm?

The only anything like sensible reason someone gave last time this argument
came up is it helps his toddler shut up and get to sleep from time to time,
or something like that. Still annoying, but at least there's a proper reason
behind it, not some double edged show off whilst torment the children idea.

and I
don't think their bicuity smell and fully formed lungs are a delight to
behold.

Tough. They're there, get used to it.

I know they exist, I just don't quite understand why their parents feel the
need to remind me in what must be one of the least suitable places for them
to exist in. What's wrong with playgrounds, parks, after school clubs,
nurseries, and all the other places run mainly for the benefit of breeders?

I have small animals, I love them to bits, but I'm sure you wouldn't
appreciate their squeaks and puddles of **** in the bread section.

No, I wouldn't. Mind you, I can't remember ever seeing a human child
****ing in the bread section either, so what's your point?

I'm very proud of my animals. By some miracle, when they have sex, there's
often more of them a few months later. I want to show them off to the world,
and though a supermarket would more than likely frighten and disturb them, I
feel everyone shopping should winess the unique miracle of their existence.
But that wouldn't go down too well with a fair number of shoppers, so I
don't do it.

I don't want to trip over your uncontrolled child, or be assaulted with
their deafening screams, or be nauseated by their foul odour (OK, that's a
minority, but it still happens), so I don't go to the places created and
maintained with children in mind. Yet I still have to suffer them, which I
will do without complaint, so long as there's a genuine reason.

Nope, just don't get it. If you have nobody else available to look after
your offspring, then fair enough. But when there's two of you, buying

the
same crap as you did last week, fighting to keep an eye on your kids as
they
scream and fall over in front of others

Again, not a problem I've ever had. My children know how to behave.

That is certainly not the case for the majority around here

who actually just want to get the
shopping done and get out, I can only think there really is some obscure
mental condition that's triggered when the missus forgot to take the

pill
that time.

You really are quite a bitter and twisted person. If parents and children
wish to go shopping together, there's no reason why they shouldn't. The
children should be kept under control, but that's simple good parenting.

Not quite, *incredibly* bitter and twisted. It's a hobby

I'll admit that I've seen my fair share of badly behaved kids in
supermarkets, but they are in a minority.

Really, they aren't around here. And even if they were, I still can't see
the point. A busy supermarket is not what I would've thought of as an ideal
place for a child, hell, they can be confusing enough for adults when the
staff decide to move everything around while you're halfway through the
weekly shop! If all the children were well behaved, capable of talking
instead of screeching, and looking where they're going instead of running
into you and then having their parents blame you, then I'd think of them as
no more annoying than the gatherings late middle aged people who are drawn
together to discuss what's happened since they last met two hours ago,
causing gridlock down the fresh fruit section