Grouch

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Grouch" wrote in message
news
Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

You're suggesting we should stick Spam on the windscreen?

Not a bad idea actually ...

Mary

No Dear SPAM as in SPAM like this threaf has become because i'm posting this
in another group.

Your being voiced in over 15 other Newsgroups, God knows what the other
groups must of all this crap.

noman

Letting down the tyres will probably damage the tyre beyond repair, even if
they don't drive on it.

Whilst this may cure your problem you may be letting yourself in for a
revenge attack.

Just not worth it.

Noman

Chara Banc

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go
shopping some people like to park in our car park. If this does
not happen much then we just accept it.

However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking
here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they
are at work.

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.
These peristent parkers also ignore our little notes left under
the wipers asking them not to park in our car park.

Google for similar situations on uk.legal as this sort of thing has
been discussed many times there, then consider posting you query on
that ng.

Basically, you could wind up in deep doo-doo if you pursue the wrong
course of action, so you need to consider the wider implications.

Much might depend on exactly who owns the car-park.
The Natural Philosopher

Mary Fisher wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Simon Finnigan wrote:

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I

worked

in a supermarket.

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges have
to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Frankly I wish they didn't.

In general disabled people seem to shop - understandingly - in quiet
times when there are lods of parking spaces available.

At peak times they are vnever there, and everyone is looking desperately
for parking spaces which are all full. Except the 30 odd disabled bays.

Mary

NT

The Natural Philosopher

Chara Banc wrote:

[...]

The important thing, as always, is not to get caught.

Clive George

"noman" wrote in message
Letting down the tyres will probably damage the tyre beyond repair, even
if
they don't drive on it.

For some very low value of 'probably'. Ie no, it won't.

clive

Grouch

Chara Banc wrote:
[...]

Nobody owns the damn carpark cos it was all a f*cking blag posting by the
OP. so can we close this sodden thread altogether.

Andy Turner

On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:25:06 GMT, "Grouch"
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Grouch" wrote in message
news
Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

You're suggesting we should stick Spam on the windscreen?

Not a bad idea actually ...

Mary

No Dear SPAM as in SPAM like this threaf has become because i'm posting this
in another group.

Your being voiced in over 15 other Newsgroups, God knows what the other
groups must of all this crap.

It looks like 4 to me - perhaps you can name them so as I can
understand what you're talking about.

Oh and doesn't spam usually include an advert of some sort...

andyt

pammyT

Zak wrote:
This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

------

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go
shopping some people like to park in our car park. If this does
not happen much then we just accept it.

However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking
here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they
are at work.

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.
These peristent parkers also ignore our little notes left under
the wipers asking them not to park in our car park.

SO THIS IS MY PLAN. I reckon I should now stick a A4-sized
"Please Do Not Park Here" notice on the windscreen of these
regular parkers and make sure the notice is attached with some
sort of glue that takes them a long time to remove.

What do you suggest I use for glue? If I use some rubbery sort of
compound like Bostik or Evostik then it will cost quite a bit as I
probably need a tube of the glue for each notice. If I use a
hard-setting glue like superglue then it will probably come off
with an ice-scraper as the wind screen will probably be a bit
dirty & dusty.

Can I buy and preprinted EXTRA-MESSY self adhesive notices which
say "Please Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would
be welcome.

Do you actually own this car park. Is it on your deeds? If so, you are
entitled to buy a wheel clamp, put a sign up, and clamp if they ignore it
setting whatever fee you like for release. Could be a nice little earner.

--?
purebred poultry
www.geocities.com/fenlandfowl

Mary Fisher

"Grouch" wrote in message news:mOjje.35841
You're suggesting we should stick Spam on the windscreen?

Not a bad idea actually ...

Mary

No Dear SPAM as in SPAM like this threaf has become because i'm posting
this
in another group.

Ah - the threaf, sorry I didn't realise.

Your being voiced in over 15 other Newsgroups, God knows what the other
groups must of all this crap.

er - my being? must what?

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Grouch" wrote in message
. uk...
Don't you people realise this is propagating throughtout various other
Newsgroups.?

Yes. And your point is?

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Grouch" wrote in message news:IWjje.35845

Nobody owns the damn carpark cos it was all a f*cking blag posting by the
OP. so can we close this sodden thread altogether.

Been interesting though :-)

Mary

Andy Turner

On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:34:00 GMT, "Grouch"
wrote:

Chara Banc wrote:
[...]

Oh I see! You're the usenet ruler who decides who can say what in what
threads!

andyt

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

snip

Dog poo under the door handles. Put it there with a stick.

They'll think kids do it and won't park there again.

sponix

With a drawing pin buried in it so hopefully they have the urge to suck
their finger/thumb when it gets pricked.

MBQ

Adrian

Alan Gauton ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges
have to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Yep, but *intelligently*.

My father's currently waiting for both knees to be replaced, and can barely
walk, even with two sticks. However, because it's a relatively short-term
thing, he can't get a blue badge. He's been threatened with clamping in his
local supermarket for parking in the disabled bays, as they are blue-badge
only. We've all seen perfectly able-bodied people abusing blue badges, too.

Me too - I would also love it if they do that for parents and kids
spaces as well.

Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home when they
go to the supermarket. It'd make *everybody's* shopping less unpleasant
without the whining fractious brats that don't want to be there. I also
wish they'd train the little ****s to look and think before slamming car
doors open onto other people's cars - but since many adults seem unable to
do that themselves...

Grouch wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Grouch" wrote in message
news
Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

You're suggesting we should stick Spam on the windscreen?

Not a bad idea actually ...

Mary

No Dear SPAM as in SPAM like this threaf has become because i'm

posting this
in another group.

Your being voiced in over 15 other Newsgroups, God knows what the

other
groups must of all this crap.

The same as we make of you!

Grouch wrote:
Don't you people realise this is propagating throughtout various

other
Newsgroups.?

So propogate off and read something else if you don't have anything
sensible to say. Oops, I'll have to do it myself now!

Emma

Alan Gauton wrote:
says...
I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Me too - I would also love it if they do that for parents and kids
spaces as well.

I want to know if there are age limits on the parents and kids spaces.

My Mum and I go shopping together most weeks, does that mean we can use
them? ;-)

--
Emma - The Chocolate Monster
http://www.chocmonster.rules.it

Grouch wrote:
Chara Banc wrote:
[...]

I just reopened it

Nre, ner, ner, ner, ner!

Russell

Christian McArdle wrote:

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move

that day,
but they should get the message in future.

Better still, take out the valves as well. I get cursed with this
problem in our close.

Russell

DanTXD

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

Just write it on the bonnet in spray paint - that'll teach 'em

--
Dan

how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

Christian McArdle:

There's a national scheme for disabled badges that indicates which

cars are
permitted to used disabled spaces.

it indicates which cars are able to use blue badge spaces, not disabled
spaces. While some do mark their spaces as for badge holders, more
often theyre marked as for disabled people. The 2 categories are not
the same.

Steve Rainbird:
Have you never heard of disabled stickers in cars?

obviously. else I wouldnt be commenting on this. This confusion between
disabled, wheelchair users and blue badge holders is a persistent
problem.

sme:

Surely a blue disability badge would have told him if the car owner

was
disabled?

no, it tells you if the driver has a blue badge. Many disabled do not
have those badges.

NT

Alan Gauton

In article . 170,
says...
Alan Gauton ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges
have to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Yep, but *intelligently*.

My father's currently waiting for both knees to be replaced, and can barely
walk, even with two sticks. However, because it's a relatively short-term
thing, he can't get a blue badge. He's been threatened with clamping in his
local supermarket for parking in the disabled bays, as they are blue-badge
only. We've all seen perfectly able-bodied people abusing blue badges, too.

How do you know they're able-bodied? Some of my family have a blue
badge, but don't look like they need it. Sometimes the problems are
internal, not obvious, such as having lungs missing, ....

Me too - I would also love it if they do that for parents and kids
spaces as well.

Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home when they
go to the supermarket. It'd make *everybody's* shopping less unpleasant
without the whining fractious brats that don't want to be there. I also
wish they'd train the little ****s to look and think before slamming car
doors open onto other people's cars - but since many adults seem unable to
do that themselves...

So when I go to Asda to pick up my wife after work, I leave my 4 year
old and my 17 month (disabled) at home. Not everybody can leave them at
home. And my 4 year old is careful, as she can't open the doors herself
anyway.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)
Depresion

"Russell" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christian McArdle wrote:

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move

that day,
but they should get the message in future.

Better still, take out the valves as well. I get cursed with this
problem in our close.

Adding theft to criminal damage.

Depresion

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message

And if a cars on a pavement, squeeze past it! If you hit the wing mirror,
such a pity! :-)

I admit that I do have a few bruises on my arm - but that's when I CAN squeeze
past. Those with push chairs and in wheelchairs can't.

And if the owner notices you doing it and comes out and equally accidentally
knocks you teeth out?

Depresion

"Grouch" wrote in message
. uk...
Don't you people realise this is propagating throughtout various other
Newsgroups.?

Yes. And your point is?

A lot of the posts could be considered incitement and or conspiracy to commit a
crime.

GwG

"Grouch" wrote in message
. uk...
Chara Banc wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

Much might depend on exalications.ctly who owns the car-park.

Nobody owns the damn carpark cos it was all a f*cking blag posting by the
OP. so can we close this sodden thread altogether.

If nobody owns the car park, can I claim it for myself?

Gøñzølã

"Depresion" wrote in message

And if a cars on a pavement, squeeze past it! If you hit the

wing mirror,
such a pity! :-)

I admit that I do have a few bruises on my arm - but that's when

I CAN squeeze
past. Those with push chairs and in wheelchairs can't.

And if the owner notices you doing it and comes out and equally

accidentally
knocks you teeth out?

Then he can come back and ask which dentist is doin a deal on
dentures.

Depresion

"David Lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi Zak
There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference is that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or make a
mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

It's nice to see a post not suggesting criminal damage.

Depresion

"Rob graham" wrote in message
I had this problem when I was staying at a friend's flat in France. His car
space was always used up. I used to park my car tight up behind the offender so
he had to find me to get it out. This obviuously only works if you have enough
space to do this without encroaching on the highway or someone else's land.

You did that in France? That's brave, I know how the French tend to treat there
cars.

Depresion

"Zak" wrote in message
On Fri 20 May 2005 10:22:43, Mary Fisher wrote:

It's probably illegal to do such a thing but I do sympathise
with you.

I wonder if it as illegal as some people suggest. This is a vehicle
(although it could be a wheelbarrow or a large oil drum as far as I
care) which is on our property.

That's a cyvil matter, what you are proposing could be classed as criminal
damadge, as the name sugests that's a criminal matter. Unless you are very
careful you could end up with a criminal record and the possibility of jail
time. (Unfortunately not enough of a possibility of jail time as criminal damage
doesn't attract the sort of sentencing it once did.)

Depresion

"Zak" wrote in message
On Fri 20 May 2005 10:32:34, Grouch wrote:
. uk

[...]

You say OUR car park, what do you mean by this? does it have
'residents parking only'?does it have a council parking sign
saying no parking at any time? if not then it's parking facility
for anyone, at any time, at any day

The flats I live in are privately owned and so is our car park.

It seems to me to be pretty much the same thing as you living in a
house and having your own car parking area next to the house.

Are you or are you not the land owner for the car park?

John Rumm

Zak wrote:

Hmm, Solvite. That sounds good. Cheaper than the fancy adhesives
too. I was thinking that I should use some really crappy paper so
that the sheet left half itself when the driver driver tried to
remove it.

If you want the driver to run over some innocent pedestrian because he
can't see out of the car.....

--
Cheers,

John.

Johannes H Andersen

Zak wrote:

This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

So if it's off-topic, that justifies excessive cross posting?

1. It is criminal damage.
Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:08:17 UTC, Zak wrote:

Some very good suggestions for me in this short posting.

But won't the water-based gums or wallpaper paste just DISSOLVE if
they are left to soak for a minute or so in water from the windscreen
washer?

Even a minute or two is probably enough to dissuade them. Anyway, how
easy is it (sometimes) to strip wallpaper, even with a steam stripper?
:-)

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Steve Walker

In message , Alan
Gauton writes
In article ,
says...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Simon Finnigan wrote:

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I
worked
in a supermarket.

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges have
to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Me too - I would also love it if they do that for parents and kids
spaces as well.

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where one
could park without someone else's little darlings denting the car doors.

--
Steve Walker
John Rumm

Adrian wrote:

Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home when they
go to the supermarket. It'd make *everybody's* shopping less unpleasant

I Think you will find that is often called child abuse or neglect....

--
Cheers,

John.