Mary Fisher

"AstraVanMan" wrote in message
You forgot the people who use the 10 items or less till and then want to
write a cheque and take longer than using a standard checkout.

That's exactly why I'll choose a checkout with one person with a £60-70
weekly shop over an "express checkout" with 10 people (each with 10 items
or
less) every time.

That's another reaon we don't go to supermarkets - they don't understand
that you can't have LESS than ten items, only FEWER.

Mind you, nor can the customers ...

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
news
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

You might have been someone's little darling once ...

I certainly wouldn't have been allowed to damage other people's
property.

And if you had been allowed to?

An odd question.

I'd have been given a bollocking, and the person who's property I had
damaged would have been offered an apology and, if appropriate,
recompense. Sorry if that's an old-fashioned notion, I realise that it is
no longer considered necessary to take responsibility for the behaviour of
one's children .

No, you didn't understand the question. Why am I not surprised?

Last time it happened to me the woman in charge of the kids neither
apologised nor pointed out to the kids that they should be more careful.

And the time before?

Mary

--
Steve Walker

Dave Liquorice

On 20 May 2005 16:47:16 +0200, sme wrote:

Me too - I would also love it if they do that for parents and kids
spaces as well.

Aye, when I go shopping with the kids it is rather annoying to have
thoise spaces taken by people without kids. There is a safety thing
here not just the shorter walk. Kids and car parks are a dangerous
mix, kids are so easyly hidden by the parked cars and the restricted
view, especialy to the rear of most modern cars, doesn't help.

Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home
when they go to the supermarket.

My father has a Blue Badge, we use it when I take him shopping but I'm
*really* looking forward to finding all the Blue Badge spots taken so
I can use one of the Parent & Child ones. After all we are father and
son, just happens that father is 91 and son 45...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Mary Fisher

"Stuffed" wrote in message

I only have mild problems, and could do most of my shopping after midnight
if pushed, when the normal spaces close to the doors are always free.

I couldn't. My problem is that I need to sleep, probably the payback for all
those years of staying up all night or clubbing until three or four in the
morning, or playing cards and drinking and smoking through the night ...

Well, it was worth it:-)

However, you're saying that if someone does have some horrific disability
spring up on them, they shouldn't go shopping till the paperwork's done? I
know councils are a level of pettiness all to themselves, but I'd like to
think that supermarkets would just about comprehend that the poor legless/
neckless/ etc bugger genuinely requires that space, and not go jobsworth
crazy. Hardly in their best interests to say "I'm sorry sir, I can see
you're missing a couple of limbs, and your breathings somewhat laboured,
and
that haunted look in your eyes is rather a concern, but you 'aven't got a
blue card, so you can't park there", is it?

Yes it is. Not having legs or neck or whatever doesn't stop you applying for
a blue card like all the others. If they can do it so can you.

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Howard Neil" wrote in message

By affixing the sticky label, you would cause the owner to take an action
that he would not have otherwise have had to do and, therefore, would be
committing an offence under the Criminal Damage Act 1971.

AH! I was hoping the Voice of Authority would speak :-)

I was trying *not* to say anything as it was interesting to see people's
views. However, when it became clear that the OP thought he would not be
breaking any laws, it seemed only decent to warn him.

Several people had warned him, Howard, but there's none so blind ...

If he wishes to still proceed, at least he will do so with his eyes open.

and a lot of the unseeing have given advice ...

All customers are most welcome. :-)

Nearer and nearer drawsthe time.

Mary

--
Howard Neil

Guy King

The message
from Steve Walker contains these words:

If necessary, I may be able to track down the former owners of my house,
and find out what combination of paper and glue was used to make the
hideous borders at the tops of the walls. It took *hours* to strip.

We had a house where the former owners had added a socket (in the
lighting circuit) by chasing down the wall from the ceiling. They hadn't
removed the wallpaper first, but they filled flush with the remaining
paper and then papered over the top. So, of course, when we did the job
properly there was a ridge all down the wall.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Taz

"Stuffed" wrote in message

**** you Stuffed, or maybe Stuff you ****ed.
If I want to take my kids shopping with me, I bloody well will. They are
better behaved than your display of throwing toys out of a pram. Imagine
shopping with your kids at home wondering if they are safe, wondering if
they would like the tee shirt you are looking at for them, wondering if they
would prefer a pizza or a Chinese, wondering if they would like that video,
toy, etc.etc. Kids shop too ya ****wit, and if their parents are with them,
well, you can temper the excesses that kids have. If I let my kids shop
without parental control, we would have more widescreen tellys, game
consoles, etc. than you could shake a stick at.

Taz

"Zak" wrote in message
On Fri 20 May 2005 10:32:34, Grouch wrote:
. uk

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go
shopping some people like to park in our car park. If this
does not happen much then we just accept it.

However, recently a small number of strangers have started
parking here regularly and some leave their car here all day
while they are at work.

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning
notices and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are
ignored. These peristent parkers also ignore our little notes
left under the wipers asking them not to park in our car park.

SO THIS IS MY PLAN. I reckon I should now stick a A4-sized
"Please Do Not Park Here" notice on the windscreen of these
regular parkers and make sure the notice is attached with some
sort of glue that takes them a long time to remove.

What do you suggest I use for glue? If I use some rubbery sort
of compound like Bostik or Evostik then it will cost quite a
bit as I probably need a tube of the glue for each notice. If
I use a hard-setting glue like superglue then it will probably
come off with an ice-scraper as the wind screen will probably
be a bit dirty & dusty.

Can I buy and preprinted EXTRA-MESSY self adhesive notices
which say "Please Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use
would be welcome.

You say OUR car park, what do you mean by this? does it have
'residents parking only'?does it have a council parking sign
saying no parking at any time? if not then it's parking facility
for anyone, at any time, at any day

The flats I live in are privately owned and so is our car park.

It seems to me to be pretty much the same thing as you living in a
house and having your own car parking area next to the house.

Well I live in my own house, and the only place I can prevent parking is on
my driveway and the access to my driveway. In Scotland if someone parks
across your driveway, you can't do them for illegal parking, but you can do
them for theft. ie. stealing your right of access.So you call out the police
for theft, which usually has a faster response than calling them out for a
parking misdemeanour. Most of the police aren't even aware of this law in
Scotland though, so you have quite a conversation if you do invoke it.

Depresion

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from Steve Walker contains these words:

If necessary, I may be able to track down the former owners of my house,
and find out what combination of paper and glue was used to make the
hideous borders at the tops of the walls. It took *hours* to strip.

We had a house where the former owners had added a socket (in the
lighting circuit) by chasing down the wall from the ceiling. They hadn't
removed the wallpaper first, but they filled flush with the remaining
paper and then papered over the top. So, of course, when we did the job
properly there was a ridge all down the wall.

Did they get it on the right trip switch? My decorator blew himself clean across
the room because a set of wall lights were wired direct to the mains by the
previous owner.

Depresion

"Taz" me@home wrote in message ...

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

Well you are all barmy north of the border.

Steve Walker

In message , Richard
Colton writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message , Richard
Colton writes

Why shouldn't they? The average family probably spends considerably more
on
supermarket shopping than a single person or a childless couple.

What, buying up all the low profit loss-leaders?

Not many parents do that.

From the whining I hear about how much kids cost, I'd be surprised.

It's generally the students that have that area
sewn up (and what's the betting that this will cause an outburst about
students?).

Bless the wee students.

The child-free tend to have more money to spend on luxury goods, with
higher profit margins.

True, and they tend to buy considerably less, levelling the playing fields
again.

Maybe.

--
Steve Walker
Steve Walker

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message , Richard
Colton writes

Why shouldn't they? The average family probably spends considerably more
on
supermarket shopping than a single person or a childless couple.

What, buying up all the low profit loss-leaders?

You've been keeping tags too.

No, I think you'll find that's pure prejudice and speculation. But I
enjoy it.

Well, as I keep saying, everyone needs a hobby ...

Hell, we don't want kids, we have to fill the time somehow.

--
Steve Walker
Taz

"Grouch" wrote in message
. uk...
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Grouch" wrote in message
news
Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

You're suggesting we should stick Spam on the windscreen?

Not a bad idea actually ...

Mary

No Dear SPAM as in SPAM like this threaf has become because i'm posting
this
in another group.

Your being voiced in over 15 other Newsgroups, God knows what the other
groups must of all this crap.

You can delete the addresses you are sending to if you wish, you know.

SL

"RichardS" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
David Lang wrote:

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with

some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference

is that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or

make a
mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in

yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

Clever. But why fake it when you can do it for real?

Because you're dealing with the devil. It also ends up being a bit of a
burden on the residents and others on legitimate business.

We have a flat that we rent out - it's in a housing association run block
and isn't that far from Hounslow town centre. The car park has allocated
spaces for the residents, and it used to be unpoliced.

More and more frequently people started parking there when going shopping,
or leaving their car there and going to work for the day. So the HA
employed a clamping firm to police it - above board, completely legit
operation.

Unfortunately this now means that every resident has to have a sticker on
display in their car. They also have a limited book of vouchers for
visitors, and you can't easily get hold of more vouchers when they're used
up (they have to be filled out with the date, so it's one per day - I
don't know what would happen if a visitor stayed and slept in & the
clampers came round early in the morning). All other parking is either
yellow lines or 2 hours max meters.

So, every time I have to do some work on the flat (which has sometimes
taken more than a day) I have to use up their supply of vouchers. We
can't get a permit because it's strictly one per flat.

So, it's solved the parking problem, but with quite a bit of restriction
on the resident's peaceable enjoyment of their parking space. You really
don't want to employ the services of a clamping firm unless you've
carefully thought the whole issue through and are happy with the
restrictions that go with the schemes.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

The housing association I lived at provided me with 3 laminated A5 signs,
with my flat no. details for when I had visitors and my own motor. The
parking was policed, even got a ticket while moving in, which was resolved
quickly with no hassle.

Should be easy enough for the OP to design own version for residents.

Also, as to poster stating children do not make a big difference on
shopping, I'd have to say they do. Next time you are shopping check how many
items are themed for kids and all the latest promotions, Star Wars being the
current one. It ranges from sweets, biscuits, cereal, crisps, ice-cream,
juice, yogurt, cheese (that stringy stuff), ketchup, beans, in fact anything
you can stick a label on.

Kids are very good at pestering parents till they get something and at
lifting some promotion from a shelf only to be discovered at the till after
its been scanned and too much bother and hassle to return.

Cheers,
Stephen

Steve Walker

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
news
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

You might have been someone's little darling once ...

I certainly wouldn't have been allowed to damage other people's
property.

And if you had been allowed to?

An odd question.

I'd have been given a bollocking, and the person who's property I had
damaged would have been offered an apology and, if appropriate,
recompense. Sorry if that's an old-fashioned notion, I realise that it is
no longer considered necessary to take responsibility for the behaviour of
one's children .

No, you didn't understand the question.

Evidently.

Why am I not surprised?

You knew when you typed it that you could have phrased it better?

Last time it happened to me the woman in charge of the kids neither
apologised nor pointed out to the kids that they should be more careful.

And the time before?

Well, let me see. That's the only time I can remember when I've been sat
in the car when it has happened. Seeing kids dent someone else's car
next door without being told off? Well, that would be every time I've
seen it happen.

Anyway, I have a simple workaround. I buy meat at the local butchers
(which I walk to). I buy vegetables at the local farm shop (where I have
seen very few children, and the ones I've seen have been perfectly well
behaved). Perhaps there's a correlation between the parents who care
enough to buy their family decent food, and the parents who raise well
behaved kids?

--
Steve Walker
LordyUK

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use

Your head, you stupid ******.

how about we just glue you there you turd

I'll take it you're another braindead moron who advocates vandalism as a
acceptable gesture of free speech.

So how about you just suck my ****ing ****pipe.

--
Lordy.UK
Taz

. ..

Another good trick is a wheeled trolley jack. Jack upo teh back wheels
with and wheel the cars so all the illegals are nose to tail touching and
put yours at the back, so none of them can move.

Thats the best one I've heard yet !!!!
A cracker !!

Taz

"Johannes" wrote in message

Zak wrote:

On Fri 20 May 2005 14:12:48, Johannes H Andersen wrote:

Zak wrote:

This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

So if it's off-topic, that justifies excessive cross posting?

1. It is criminal damage.

Johannes, why not check out "cross-posting" in Google and see how
many crossposts GNKSA recommends as a working maximum before it gives
its seal of approval.

What GNKSA recommends is not the issue here. Cross posting, like this
one, causes clutter and is irrelevant to many more readers.

So, Johannes - stop cross posting. whiney gimp.

Mary Fisher

"SL" wrote in message
news:kfsje.101002 Fix this to your own car

The housing association I lived at provided me with 3 laminated A5 signs,
with my flat no. details for when I had visitors and my own motor. The
parking was policed, even got a ticket while moving in, which was resolved
quickly with no hassle.

Shock horror - the police/parking attendants being understanding? You're
not allowed to say that round here!

Kids are very good at pestering parents till they get something and at
lifting some promotion from a shelf only to be discovered at the till
after its been scanned and too much bother and hassle to return.

It's the parent's faults for giving in. I feel very strongly about that. No
must mean no then there's no argument.

Mary

Cheers,
Stephen

Depresion

"SL" wrote in message
.uk...
"RichardS" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
David Lang wrote:

[...]

Star Wars stuff is aimed at the 30 something's in the main. I was talking last
night to a woman on the checkouts at a local supermarket who was complaining
about her husband missing work to go to the local premier of the new film (where
Darth cross code man was apparently in attendance asking £20 a signature).

Mary Fisher

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

Last time it happened to me the woman in charge of the kids neither
apologised nor pointed out to the kids that they should be more careful.

And the time before?

Well, let me see. That's the only time I can remember when I've been sat
in the car when it has happened. Seeing kids dent someone else's car next
door without being told off? Well, that would be every time I've seen it
happen.

I apologise, I've confused you with someone who's been complaining about
children's behaviour in supermarkets.

Anyway, I have a simple workaround. I buy meat at the local butchers
(which I walk to). I buy vegetables at the local farm shop (where I have
seen very few children, and the ones I've seen have been perfectly well
behaved). Perhaps there's a correlation between the parents who care
enough to buy their family decent food, and the parents who raise well
behaved kids?

I should think there's a lot in that. Also the fairly often reported
correlation between processed food and hyper-activity in children.

No, I don't have television and don't buy newspapers or general interest
magazines but I do read specialist magazines, one being published by The
Food Commission - I'm passionate about well produced good food. We buy our
meat from a daughter who has an organic farm with rare breed animals and
poultry, our game from the local licensed supplier, our vegetables and flour
from local organic producers (and grow quite a lot of veg ourselves and eat
unusual veg which you can't buy); things we can't buy from local producers
we buy fromWaitrose or Booths, about once every six weeks.

Mary

SL

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"SL" wrote in message
news:kfsje.101002 Fix this to your own car

The housing association I lived at provided me with 3 laminated A5 signs,
with my flat no. details for when I had visitors and my own motor. The
parking was policed, even got a ticket while moving in, which was
resolved quickly with no hassle.

Shock horror - the police/parking attendants being understanding? You're
not allowed to say that round here!

Well, to be truthful the housing association cancelled the ticket as they
had their own attendants, I think, and received any payments directly, so a
quick call and confirming who I was and ticket number cleared things up nice
& easy (for once).

Cheers,
Stephen

Mary Fisher

.uk...

"SL" wrote in message
news:kfsje.101002 Fix this to your own car

The housing association I lived at provided me with 3 laminated A5
signs, with my flat no. details for when I had visitors and my own
motor. The parking was policed, even got a ticket while moving in, which
was resolved quickly with no hassle.

Shock horror - the police/parking attendants being understanding? You're
not allowed to say that round here!

Well, to be truthful the housing association cancelled the ticket as they
had their own attendants, I think, and received any payments directly, so
a quick call and confirming who I was and ticket number cleared things up
nice & easy (for once).

In my experience most misunderstandings with officialdom is easily cleared.
I had my tongue in my cheek of course.

It's when you get people in authority in non-official positions that things
can get sticky, you end up wading through trreacle trying to get through a
non existent door! It doesn't always happen but can be very frustrating when
people don't listen to what you're saying :-(

Mary

Cheers,
Stephen

raden

In message , Zak
writes
On Fri 20 May 2005 12:26:29, noman wrote:

Letting down the tyres will probably damage the tyre beyond
repair, even if they don't drive on it.

Whilst this may cure your problem you may be letting yourself in
for a revenge attack.

Just not worth it.

I am ther OP and I agree that I don't want to expose myself open to a
revenge attack. We are in a small block of flats and it wouldn't be
hard to ask all the residents who had done it.

So I just want to be "over-enthusiastic" with my adhesive. Not
obviously causing trouble (heh!) but just making a simple mistake
about how sticky it is.

Could you not get in contact with one of those over enthusiastic
clamping companies and let them do it properly

It then takes you out of the equation

--
geoff
raden

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking
here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they
are at work.

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move that day,
but they should get the message in future.

You really shouldn't do that

Nor should you put the sticker on the windscreen with silicone adhesive
as it will leave a smear which is next to impossible to remove over the
life of the windscreen. Whatever you do, don't stick polyurethane foam
up the exhaust, it's a very very bad thing to do.

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move that
day,
but they should get the message in future.

You really shouldn't do that

Nor should you put the sticker on the windscreen with silicone adhesive as
it will leave a smear which is next to impossible to remove over the life
of the windscreen. Whatever you do, don't stick polyurethane foam up the
exhaust, it's a very very bad thing to do.

Brer Rabbit! It's years since I saw anything from you :-)

Mary

--
geoff

Frank Erskine

On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:56:17 +0100, "Stuffed" wrote:

I was dragged around shops from time to time as a small child, but not at
all often. And I hated every minute of it, same as most of the haunted
juvenile faces you see in a supermarket most evenings.

Not only evenings. Occasionally I visit a 24 hour supermarket at
around midnight, and still see 3 and 4 year olds being toted around by
their baseball-cap-wearing mothers...

Sad. I feel sorry for the kids.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Adrian

sme ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

My father's currently waiting for both knees to be replaced, and can
barely walk, even with two sticks. However, because it's a relatively
short-term thing, he can't get a blue badge.

Why can't he get a blue badge?

Because he can't.

Has he tried?

Yes.

AFAIK you can get one automatically if you receive full DLA.

He doesn't. He's on the waiting list for having both done, so they won't
give him a badge, as it's "temporary". Apparently. Still, he's only on the
board of the local hospital trust...

He's been threatened with
clamping in his local supermarket for parking in the disabled bays,
as they are blue-badge only. We've all seen perfectly able-bodied
people abusing blue badges, too.

I am able bodied and have a blue badge. I get it due to having no
kidneys and being on dialysis.

With no disrespect, how's that affect your ability to get from one end of
the supermarket car park to the other?
Adrian

Owain ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Perhaps they could have different Days, so one could decide which
annoyances to avoid.

Monday could be Dotty Pensioner Free Day
Tuesday could be Fat People Blocking The Aisles And Talking On Mobile
Phones Free Day
Wednesday could be Children Free Day
Thursday could be Young Lovers Smooching in Low-Calorie Hot Drinks Aisle
Free Day
Friday could be People You Used To Work With And Never Want To Meet
Again Free Day
Saturday could be Indicisive People Who Take Twenty Minutes To Choose
What Type Of Value Digestive They Want To Buy And Another Twenty Minutes
To Find Their Wallet/Purse At The Checkout Free Day

Which day is "I just want to buy a pint of friggin' milk and some potatoes
because I've run out" day?
Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:10:26 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I read labels but don't buy cans - or anything with E numbers.

What, not even E901 and E948 (mind, E948 is bad for you in large
quantities)?

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Adrian

Taz (me@home) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

**** you Stuffed, or maybe Stuff you ****ed.
If I want to take my kids shopping with me, I bloody well will. They
are better behaved than your display of throwing toys out of a pram.
Imagine shopping with your kids at home wondering if they are safe,
wondering if they would like the tee shirt you are looking at for
them, wondering if they would prefer a pizza or a Chinese, wondering
if they would like that video, toy, etc.etc. Kids shop too ya ****wit,
and if their parents are with them, well, you can temper the excesses
that kids have. If I let my kids shop without parental control, we
would have more widescreen tellys, game consoles, etc. than you could
shake a stick at.

Mmmm. Do your parents often take you shopping?

"raden" wrote in message

Could you not get in contact with one of those over enthusiastic clamping
companies and let them do it properly

It then takes you out of the equation

I was thinking along those lines myself

Adrian

Stuffed ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Hate to burst your bubble, but the day your leg falls off, or organs
pack in, or any other dibillitating event happens, a little blue card
doesn't appear in a puff of smoke in your windscreen.

Would stopping off at the supermarket be a high priority on that day?
Frank Erskine

On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:54:45 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Sue Begg wrote:
From the supermarkets point of view it is in their interests to
encourage children because the parents spend a lot more.

Perhaps they could have different Days, so one could decide which
annoyances to avoid.

Monday could be Dotty Pensioner Free Day

That wouldn't work. Dotty pensioners don't know which day is which, so
would still turn up.

:-)

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Adrian

Mary Fisher ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Personally, I wish people would leave their bloody kids at home
when they go to the supermarket.

You don't have to shop at the supermarket.

Nor do they.
Nor do they have to inflict their repulsive crotchfruit on me.

I have at least as much right to be there, if not more, than the kids
do, and I'm causing those parents FAR less inconvenience by going to
the supermarket than they cause me by taking their ASBO-trainees with
them.

I don't understand the mentality of parents. If I were to inflict my
choice of childlessness upon them, they would scream blue murder. So why
is it perfectly OK for them to inflict their choice on me?

You could scream louder by hitting the caps lock ...

I'm not screaming. Not having uncontrollable kids, I don't need to.
Guy King

The message
from "Depresion" contains these words:

We had a house where the former owners had added a socket (in the
lighting circuit) by chasing down the wall from the ceiling. They hadn't
removed the wallpaper first, but they filled flush with the remaining
paper and then papered over the top. So, of course, when we did the job
properly there was a ridge all down the wall.

Did they get it on the right trip switch?

Well, it was on a lighting circuit - as we discovered when we plugged
the wallpaper stripper into it and popped the fuse.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Mary Fisher

"Adrian" wrote in message

Mmmm. Do your parents often take you shopping?

I wanted to post something like that but was lost for words. Well said!

Mary