Guy King

The message
from "Depresion" contains these words:

We had a house where the former owners had added a socket (in the
lighting circuit) by chasing down the wall from the ceiling. They hadn't
removed the wallpaper first, but they filled flush with the remaining
paper and then papered over the top. So, of course, when we did the job
properly there was a ridge all down the wall.

Did they get it on the right trip switch?

Well, it was on a lighting circuit - as we discovered when we plugged
the wallpaper stripper into it and popped the fuse.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."