Steve Walker

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
news
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

You might have been someone's little darling once ...

I certainly wouldn't have been allowed to damage other people's
property.

And if you had been allowed to?

An odd question.

I'd have been given a bollocking, and the person who's property I had
damaged would have been offered an apology and, if appropriate,
recompense. Sorry if that's an old-fashioned notion, I realise that it is
no longer considered necessary to take responsibility for the behaviour of
one's children .

No, you didn't understand the question.

Evidently.

Why am I not surprised?

You knew when you typed it that you could have phrased it better?

Last time it happened to me the woman in charge of the kids neither
apologised nor pointed out to the kids that they should be more careful.

And the time before?

Well, let me see. That's the only time I can remember when I've been sat
in the car when it has happened. Seeing kids dent someone else's car
next door without being told off? Well, that would be every time I've
seen it happen.

Anyway, I have a simple workaround. I buy meat at the local butchers
(which I walk to). I buy vegetables at the local farm shop (where I have
seen very few children, and the ones I've seen have been perfectly well
behaved). Perhaps there's a correlation between the parents who care
enough to buy their family decent food, and the parents who raise well
behaved kids?

--
Steve Walker