Adrian

sme ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

My father's currently waiting for both knees to be replaced, and can
barely walk, even with two sticks. However, because it's a relatively
short-term thing, he can't get a blue badge.

Why can't he get a blue badge?

Because he can't.

Has he tried?

Yes.

AFAIK you can get one automatically if you receive full DLA.

He doesn't. He's on the waiting list for having both done, so they won't
give him a badge, as it's "temporary". Apparently. Still, he's only on the
board of the local hospital trust...

He's been threatened with
clamping in his local supermarket for parking in the disabled bays,
as they are blue-badge only. We've all seen perfectly able-bodied
people abusing blue badges, too.

I am able bodied and have a blue badge. I get it due to having no
kidneys and being on dialysis.

With no disrespect, how's that affect your ability to get from one end of
the supermarket car park to the other?