Mary Fisher

"Stuffed" wrote in message

I only have mild problems, and could do most of my shopping after midnight
if pushed, when the normal spaces close to the doors are always free.

I couldn't. My problem is that I need to sleep, probably the payback for all
those years of staying up all night or clubbing until three or four in the
morning, or playing cards and drinking and smoking through the night ...

Well, it was worth it:-)

However, you're saying that if someone does have some horrific disability
spring up on them, they shouldn't go shopping till the paperwork's done? I
know councils are a level of pettiness all to themselves, but I'd like to
think that supermarkets would just about comprehend that the poor legless/
neckless/ etc bugger genuinely requires that space, and not go jobsworth
crazy. Hardly in their best interests to say "I'm sorry sir, I can see
you're missing a couple of limbs, and your breathings somewhat laboured,
and
that haunted look in your eyes is rather a concern, but you 'aven't got a
blue card, so you can't park there", is it?

Yes it is. Not having legs or neck or whatever doesn't stop you applying for
a blue card like all the others. If they can do it so can you.

Mary