Depresion

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Stuffed ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Hate to burst your bubble, but the day your leg falls off, or organs
pack in, or any other dibillitating event happens, a little blue card
doesn't appear in a puff of smoke in your windscreen.

Would stopping off at the supermarket be a high priority on that day?

That would depend, you may need food,. being disabled doesn't remove that.

Mary Fisher

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:10:26 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I read labels but don't buy cans - or anything with E numbers.

What, not even E901 and E948 (mind, E948 is bad for you in large
quantities)?

Good try :-)

--
Bob Eager

Adrian

Richard Colton ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

You don't have to shop at the supermarket.

Nor do they.
Nor do they have to inflict their repulsive crotchfruit on me.

So you were never a child then?

I was. If I'd behaved like the brats you see in the supermarket, I'd have
deserved the smack I'd have got.

I have at least as much right to be there, if not more, than the kids
do,

Why?

Because I'm a customer. The kids aren't. Their parents are, but they
aren't.

and I'm causing those parents FAR less inconvenience by going to the
supermarket than they cause me by taking their ASBO-trainees with
them.

Ah right, so all kids are going to grow up and become criminals?

Not all kids run about screaming in supermarkets while their fat mouth-
breathing parents stock their trolleys up with frozen junk food. I'd
suspect there's a reasonable correlation.
Adrian

The Natural Philosopher ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

I don't understand the mentality of parents. If I were to inflict my
choice of childlessness upon them, they would scream blue murder. So
why is it perfectly OK for them to inflict their choice on me?

Because they are in a voting majority?

I think I missed that particular referendum.

"Stuffed" wrote in message

maybe that's just me though?

I think so.

Frank Erskine

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:34:43 +0100, Sue Begg
wrote:

You forgot the people who use the 10 items or less till

pedant
Which of course should read "10 items or fewer".
/pedant

I mentioned this to Asda ages ago. I received no reply, but see that
they've changed their "express" checkout designation to "About 10
Items?", which buggers up those customers with one or 2 items :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Bob Eager

wrote:

I read labels but don't buy cans - or anything with E numbers.

What, not even E901 and E948 (mind, E948 is bad for you in large
quantities)?

Good try :-)

I bet you, in particular, have ingested a fair bit of E901...

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Adrian

AndrewR ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Nor do they have to inflict their repulsive crotchfruit on me.

Have you considered shopping on-line or shopping later in the evening?

I prefer to get the half-decent fresh fruit and veg, and make my own
decisions as to alternates if they're out of something I want. I also
rarely know a two-hour slot when I'm going to be home a couple of days in
advance. As for "later in the evening", why? If I'm passing a supermarket,
why shouldn't I use it there and then? Why shouldn't I have a glass or two
of wine with my dinner - a dinner that I've decided to cook using
(relatively) fresh ingredients bought that day?

Or would you rather whine?

Why should I be inconvenienced by somebody else's irresponsibility?
Adrian

Depresion ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Hate to burst your bubble, but the day your leg falls off, or organs
pack in, or any other dibillitating event happens, a little blue
card doesn't appear in a puff of smoke in your windscreen.

Would stopping off at the supermarket be a high priority on that day?

That would depend, you may need food,. being disabled doesn't remove
that.

I think that if my leg had freshly dropped off or my organs suddenly packed
in, I'd be heading for the hospital before Tesco...
Conor

In article o.uk,
Andy Tillbrook says...

Then the owner of the car must be equally guilty of Criminal Damage, as
by parking in a private parking space he is causing the rightful
occupant to have to find an alternative, which he would not otherwise
have had to do.

Err no. Not too bright are you?

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Depresion

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Depresion ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Hate to burst your bubble, but the day your leg falls off, or organs
pack in, or any other dibillitating event happens, a little blue
card doesn't appear in a puff of smoke in your windscreen.

Would stopping off at the supermarket be a high priority on that day?

That would depend, you may need food,. being disabled doesn't remove
that.

I think that if my leg had freshly dropped off or my organs suddenly packed
in, I'd be heading for the hospital before Tesco...

Wimp.
Food first medical attention second.

Sue Begg

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

wrote:

I read labels but don't buy cans - or anything with E numbers.

What, not even E901 and E948 (mind, E948 is bad for you in large
quantities)?

Good try :-)

--
Bob Eager

I pot smoking acquaintance was seen in the supermarket scrutinising the
labels on cans because he didn't want any of those chemicals in his food
- presumably chemicals are only harmful if ingested not smoked
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Sue Begg

In message , Frank Erskine
writes
wrote:

You forgot the people who use the 10 items or less till

pedant
Which of course should read "10 items or fewer".
/pedant

I was of course quoting what the checkout states rather than using my
own grammar :-))

I mentioned this to Asda ages ago. I received no reply, but see that
they've changed their "express" checkout designation to "About 10
Items?", which buggers up those customers with one or 2 items :-)

--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
AndrewR

Adrian wrote:
AndrewR ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

Nor do they have to inflict their repulsive crotchfruit on me.

Have you considered shopping on-line or shopping later in the
evening?

I prefer to get the half-decent fresh fruit and veg, and make my own
decisions as to alternates if they're out of something I want. I also
rarely know a two-hour slot when I'm going to be home a couple of
days in advance. As for "later in the evening", why? If I'm passing a
supermarket, why shouldn't I use it there and then? Why shouldn't I
have a glass or two of wine with my dinner - a dinner that I've
decided to cook using (relatively) fresh ingredients bought that day?

Or would you rather whine?

Why should I be inconvenienced by somebody else's irresponsibility?

What is irresponsible, having children, taking them to the supermarket or
failing to realise that you are the most important person there and that
your wishes are paramount?

If you wish to enjoy shopping without children getting in your way then you
have options, a lot of parents do not have the option of chosing to shop
without their children. It's not just single parents - it's parents who
work jobs that do not neatly line up to give them a regular window where one
partner can child mind while the other shops, it's parents who like to shop
together, it's parents who, like you, choose to shop because they're
"passing" the store, it's parents who perhaps do not realise that you are
being driven mad by something so petty and trivial as their choice to take
members of their family with them.

Perhaps you should also take a moment to understand that when you become a
parent you are not issued with a remote control for your new child - you can
not force them to act in a particular way. Children like to be independant,
like to explore and like to look at things. That is normal behaviour and,
within reason, should be tolerated or encouraged. Certainly if they end up
standing between you and your frozen meal-for-one it does not merit telling
them off.

For your part have you considered asking children to let you through?
Amazingly even 3 year olds are capable of quite sophisticated verbal
communication and can easily understand simple requests like, "Can you move
to the side, please?" You know, just like you'd do with an adult - or do
you simply push them out of the way as well?

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo

Alistair J Murray

Johannes wrote:

[...]

Amusing to have your car damaged by vigilante vandals?

The unauthorised parker has temporarily deprived the space owner of
enjoyment of their property so can have no real objection to similar
treatment.

Trade Oil in €

Vauxhall Victot

Try using Golden Syrup or molasses

--
Regards

Vauxhall
"GB" wrote in message

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

What do you suggest I use for glue?

Water based. Gum or wallpaper paste based. Most of the other glues will
peel from glass, but pastes and gums are stronger than the paper.

Use weak paper too. Make them have to scrape it off inch by inch, not
peel the sheet.

It's been said before, but you need to avoid criminal damage to the car.
Something that comes off is essential. So superglue is an absolute no-no.
Repeat: It has to come off fairly easily without damage to the car. By
fairly easily, maybe 3 or 4 mins with plenty of warm water. So, wallpaper
paste is probably good.

Conor

In article om, Dave
Liquorice says...
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

And if it dents that easily then it ain't a good one anyway.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Owain

Adrian wrote:
Which day is "I just want to buy a pint of friggin' milk and some potatoes
because I've run out" day?

I don't know, I can't find friggin' milk on the Tesco website. Skimmed,
semi-skimmed, Jersey, long life, soya, chocolate milk, ... no friggin'
milk though.

Owain

Owain

Adrian wrote:
Would stopping off at the supermarket be a high priority on that day?

That would depend, you may need food,. being disabled doesn't remove
that.

I think that if my leg had freshly dropped off or my organs suddenly packed
in, I'd be heading for the hospital before Tesco...

Every little helps :-)

Owain

Adrian

Not controlling them so they don't **** everybody else in the store off.

If you wish to enjoy shopping without children getting in your way
then you have options, a lot of parents do not have the option of
chosing to shop without their children. It's not just single parents
- it's parents who work jobs that do not neatly line up to give them a
regular window where one partner can child mind while the other shops,

Is online shopping not available to them?

it's parents who like to shop together

Personal preference.

it's parents who perhaps do not realise that you are being driven mad

by
something so petty and trivial as their choice to

let members of their family run wild.

Perhaps you should also take a moment to understand that when you
become a parent you are not issued with a remote control for your new
child - you can not force them to act in a particular way.

No, but you can teach them how to behave. That seems a spectacularly
unfashionable approach - and look where it's taking us.

For your part have you considered asking children to let you through?

Yes. It usually gets ignored. If I then ask the parent politely to
please move their child, it often gets a disgusted look and a huff.

Amazingly even 3 year olds are capable of quite sophisticated verbal
communication and can easily understand simple requests like, "Can you
move to the side, please?"

They seem unable to understand their parents asking them to sit quietly
and stop hitting their sister.

You know, just like you'd do with an adult
- or do you simply push them out of the way as well?

I don't often have to emergency stop a trolley because adults are
chasing each other up and down aisles.
Adrian

Depresion ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

I think that if my leg had freshly dropped off or my organs suddenly
packed in, I'd be heading for the hospital before Tesco...

Wimp.
Food first medical attention second.

I s'pose you need something to sustain you in the eight hour queue for A&E.
Adrian

AndrewR ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

My friend does exactly the same and makes a point of parking in a P&C
even if the disabled spaces are empty he is nearly 60 and Mother 89
he has had many laughs doing this.

What? He gets amusement from inconveniencing others for no reason at
all?

The sign says "Parent and Child", he's with his parent. Where's the
problem?
Sue Begg

In message , Signal
writes
"Sue Begg" emitted :

I pot smoking acquaintance was seen in the supermarket scrutinising the
labels on cans because he didn't want any of those chemicals in his food
- presumably chemicals are only harmful if ingested not smoked

Do you suggest your acquaintance *actively* seek chemicals in his
food, to supplement the ones he's already exposing himself to? ;-)

S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t
-----------------------------------
Attack Decay Sustain Release....

I think the amount of chemical he voluntarily exposed his body to, the
additives in his food would be irrelevant. It was noticeable that he
never checked whisky for chemicals. - But he is a lovely bloke all the
same :-)
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Steve Walker

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to sell
it, which is obviously totally unimportant. You won't mind if I rifle
through your wallet then?

--
Steve Walker

Steve Walker

In message , Conor
writes
In article om, Dave
Liquorice says...
On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:42 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Yes, if they also enforced a "no accompanied breeders" area where
one could park without someone else's little darlings denting the
car doors.

FFS it's only a car.

And if it dents that easily then it ain't a good one anyway.

Clearly good cars don't exist then. Show me one you can't damage by
opening a door into it forcefully enough.

--
Steve Walker
Gizmo

"Depresion" wrote in message

"Russell" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christian McArdle wrote:

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move

that day,
but they should get the message in future.

Better still, take out the valves as well. I get cursed with this
problem in our close.

Adding theft to criminal damage.

Not if you leave the valves on their bonnet ;o)

Vladimir

John Rumm wrote:

He may be "in the wrong" legally. However there is now a two
dimensional infant that got that way only because of your actions
with the pritt stick. How do you feel about that?

Think about the children, for gods sake.

Gizmo

"Taz" me@home wrote in message ...

"Stuffed" wrote in message

**** you Stuffed, or maybe Stuff you ****ed.
If I want to take my kids shopping with me, I bloody well will. They are
better behaved than your display of throwing toys out of a pram. Imagine
shopping with your kids at home wondering if they are safe, wondering if
they would like the tee shirt you are looking at for them, wondering if
they would prefer a pizza or a Chinese, wondering if they would like that
video, toy, etc.etc. Kids shop too ya ****wit, and if their parents are
with them, well, you can temper the excesses that kids have. If I let my
kids shop without parental control, we would have more widescreen tellys,
game consoles, etc. than you could shake a stick at.

You're not much of a role model

Frank Erskine

On 20 May 2005 21:44:59 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Owain ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Perhaps they could have different Days, so one could decide which
annoyances to avoid.

Monday could be Dotty Pensioner Free Day
Tuesday could be Fat People Blocking The Aisles And Talking On Mobile
Phones Free Day
Wednesday could be Children Free Day
Thursday could be Young Lovers Smooching in Low-Calorie Hot Drinks Aisle
Free Day
Friday could be People You Used To Work With And Never Want To Meet
Again Free Day
Saturday could be Indicisive People Who Take Twenty Minutes To Choose
What Type Of Value Digestive They Want To Buy And Another Twenty Minutes
To Find Their Wallet/Purse At The Checkout Free Day

Which day is "I just want to buy a pint of friggin' milk and some potatoes
because I've run out" day?

I get my milk delivered by the milkman and buy potatoes from the
market...

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Bob Eager

On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:04:55 UTC, Frank Erskine
wrote:

I get my milk delivered by the milkman and buy potatoes from the
market...

I stopped the milkman delivering when he (and his predecessors) shot
themselves in the foot by delivering the wrong quantities
(consistently). He clearly had a sales target to meet, so he'd add an
extra pint to a few dozen doorsteps.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:43:25 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

FFS it's only a car.

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to
sell it, which is obviously totally unimportant.

Correct. I've owned 4 cars, in 25+ years of driving (just taken on the
4th). Of the three others, 2 died in accidents, the third was part
exchanged (guaranteed =A31000) before it fell apart from the ravages of =

the iron moth catapillar.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Stuffed

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Depresion ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

I think that if my leg had freshly dropped off or my organs suddenly
packed in, I'd be heading for the hospital before Tesco...

Wimp.
Food first medical attention second.

I s'pose you need something to sustain you in the eight hour queue for

A&E.

Was only just under 2 hours down the road last Sunday night. I was almost
impressed, till I noticed there was all of three people ahead of me. And the
cappuccino out the vending machine was terrible.

So it does pay to have at least a flask and Kendle Mint Cake with you before
visiting A&E

Then its clear its the ease of access that is the problem .

A remote controlled barrier or garage door is out .

Some simple wire mesh gates with a mortice lock if none of the residents
are disabled could work .

Each flat could be given a mortice key to the gates and if they wanted
any more keys for friends or family - they could get as many keys cut as
they wanted .

The question is - are lazy car drivers willing to get out their car
every time they wanted in or our the car park just so they could get
parked easily ? .

I live in a block in S London, in pretty much exactly the same situation as
the OP. I am also a director of the management company, and we have
discussed a barrier or remote gates etc. The cost of something that looks
even remotely in keeping with the block and doesn't make it look like the
entrance to a factory, is prohibitive (i.e. £12K plus).

The alternatives of a padlocked chain, manual locking posts or even a
locking gate is indeed laziness... but rather where it only takes one lazy
resident to decide not to bother locking behind him as he leaves or enters,
for the whole system to fall down. Or the "well I was only going to be 5
minutes" problem.

Or for someone to lose his key etc.

When we looked at automatic gates, we had to also consider access for
legitimate visitors such as the milkman, postman, delivery drivers etc, as
well as doctors and emergency vehicles, and legitimate residents' visitors.
The only answer to that was an entryphone system wired to every property (in
our case 9 flats plus 6 houses). Very, very expensive. Then there was the
fairness issue - should residents without cars have to pay? What about the
annual maintenance? What about the people who rented garages in the block
which are no longer 'attached' to the numbered property they originally went
with? It was insoluble.

We have the same 'illegal' parking issues as the OP, and so far polite
notices tucked under the windscreen (with veiled threats of prosecution for
trespass) seem to do the trick. And incidentally, I only go out and put one
on when I see an unknown car drive in, and the driver get out and NOT go
into a property but walk out the gate - that is if I can't dash out and get
to him first.

The problem is that there is virtually no free on street parking in the
borough where I live, and the problem is going to get worse.

Hamish

Stuffed

"AndrewR" wrote in message

What is irresponsible, having children, taking them to the supermarket or
failing to realise that you are the most important person there and that
your wishes are paramount?

The two aren't always mutually exclusive...