Christian McArdle

Default What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking
here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they
are at work.

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move that day,
but they should get the message in future.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move that
day,
but they should get the message in future.

P.S. Also leave a note on the windscreen so that some inobservant cretin
doesn't try to drive off in that condition. Also, don't get caught on CCTV
doing it.

Christian.

§|ª®TiߪRtfª$t

A pre-printed (not inkjet) label secured with Solvite is very difficult to
remove, paste the screen first, then again over the entire label.

"Zak" wrote in message
This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

------

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go
shopping some people like to park in our car park. If this does
not happen much then we just accept it.

However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking
here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they
are at work.

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.
These peristent parkers also ignore our little notes left under
the wipers asking them not to park in our car park.

SO THIS IS MY PLAN. I reckon I should now stick a A4-sized
"Please Do Not Park Here" notice on the windscreen of these
regular parkers and make sure the notice is attached with some
sort of glue that takes them a long time to remove.

What do you suggest I use for glue? If I use some rubbery sort of
compound like Bostik or Evostik then it will cost quite a bit as I
probably need a tube of the glue for each notice. If I use a
hard-setting glue like superglue then it will probably come off
with an ice-scraper as the wind screen will probably be a bit
dirty & dusty.

Can I buy and preprinted EXTRA-MESSY self adhesive notices which
say "Please Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would
be welcome.

Mary Fisher

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

It's probably illegal to do such a thing but I do sympathise with you.

Car and car related offences are, in my opinion, the cause of more
frustrations than anything else. I'd like to do what you suggest on cars
which park in disabled bays (nose in, facing the large restrictive
notices).I'd like to do it on the cars which park on pavements, forcing
pedestrians to walk in the road, I'd like to do it on cars which park across
people's drives - even when there's a car in that drive.

And lots more.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Mary

Pete M

In ,
Zak decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a
rant as follows
This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

What do you suggest I use for glue? If I use some rubbery sort of
compound like Bostik or Evostik then it will cost quite a bit as I
probably need a tube of the glue for each notice. If I use a
hard-setting glue like superglue then it will probably come off
with an ice-scraper as the wind screen will probably be a bit
dirty & dusty.

Can I buy and preprinted EXTRA-MESSY self adhesive notices which
say "Please Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would
be welcome.

Don't use adhesive.

You know what's 10 times as annoying?

McDonalds gherkins.

If you put one of those on a window on a sunny day, they're a total pig to
remove. Has to be a genuine McDonalds one though, it's the sauce... They
have the same adhesive qualities as a sticky thing, and said parkers will
think kids have been targeting their cars.. We all know the last people we
want messing with our car is kids. Scarier than any label, sticker etc.

Alternatively, just put up with people parking in your car park, or move to
somewhere where there's more room. After all, who'd live down South?

--
Pete M

Mercedes 260E, Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2
Ford Capri (ressurection started)
VW Golf Clipper Cabriolet

COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Grouch

Zak wrote:
[...]

You say OUR car park, what do you mean by this? does it have 'residents
parking only'?does it have a council parking sign saying no parking at any
time? if not then it's parking facility for anyone, at any time, at any day

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

snip

Dog poo under the door handles. Put it there with a stick.

They'll think kids do it and won't park there again.

sponix
Simon Finnigan

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I worked
in a supermarket. Big A4 sheets that took hours to scrape off. Then I`d
stand by the car and wait for the owner to come out. "Who put that on my
car????". "Me, is there a problem?". rant rant rave, threaten, abuse.
Smile nicely and explain that since they couldn`t read the big sign infront
of their car, we had thoughtfully decided to put one on their car to ensure
they knew for next time. The other customers watching this used to wet
themselves laughing!

And if a cars on a pavement, squeeze past it! If you hit the wing mirror,
such a pity! :-)
--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Gøñzølã

wrote:

This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

snip

Dog poo under the door handles. Put it there with a stick.

They'll think kids do it and won't park there again.

And we thought the yob culture was kids, the ones that walk with a
limp and talk like Kenzie.

Christian McArdle

And if a cars on a pavement, squeeze past it! If you hit the wing mirror,
such a pity! :-)

Yes, my route (on foot) to university used to pass through a hospital. Many
cars used to park on a particular pavement, making it very narrow, which was
very selfish, given that (a) there was a car park with plenty of spaces and
(b) the pavement became too narrow for wheelchairs, which are obviously very
common in hospitals, forcing wheelchairs into the road.

Of course, we clearly weren't careful enough when walking down the remaining
narrow path to avoid knocking the occasional mirror off...

Christian.

David Lang

Hi Zak
There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference is that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or make a
mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

Dave

[...]

Andy Dingley

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

What do you suggest I use for glue?

Water based. Gum or wallpaper paste based. Most of the other glues will
peel from glass, but pastes and gums are stronger than the paper.

Use weak paper too. Make them have to scrape it off inch by inch, not
peel the sheet.

Rob graham

I had this problem when I was staying at a friend's flat in France. His car
space was always used up. I used to park my car tight up behind the offender
so he had to find me to get it out. This obviuously only works if you have
enough space to do this without encroaching on the highway or someone else's
land.

Rob Graham

Gøñzølã

"David Lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi Zak
There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning

notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them

with some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The

inference is that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or

make a
mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in

yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors

car.

They'll probly get round that one by clampin their own 4 wheels of
the car.

paul ockenden

Just write a nice message on his screen using a lipsalve, or
similar product. When you try to wipe it off it just smears -
it's a real pig to remove without hot water or chemicals.

P.

David Lang wrote:

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with

some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference

is that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or

make a
mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in

yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

Clever. But why fake it when you can do it for real?

NT

Simon Finnigan wrote:

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I

worked
in a supermarket. Big A4 sheets that took hours to scrape off. Then

I`d
stand by the car and wait for the owner to come out. "Who put that

on my
car????". "Me, is there a problem?". rant rant rave, threaten,

abuse.
Smile nicely and explain that since they couldn`t read the big sign

infront
of their car, we had thoughtfully decided to put one on their car to

ensure
they knew for next time. The other customers watching this used to

wet
themselves laughing!

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

NT

Stuart Noble

"David Lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi Zak
There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with

some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference is
that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or make

mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in
yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would charge
you
given the profits

It has removed 4826 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Christian McArdle

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

There's a national scheme for disabled badges that indicates which cars are
permitted to used disabled spaces.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would
charge you given the profits

The problem is that these firms get out of control. They'll start clamping
not only your visitors, but the owner's cars too, and ambulances, police
cars, slow moving zimmer frames etc.

Christian.

GB

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:48:01 +0100, Zak wrote:

What do you suggest I use for glue?

Water based. Gum or wallpaper paste based. Most of the other glues will
peel from glass, but pastes and gums are stronger than the paper.

Use weak paper too. Make them have to scrape it off inch by inch, not
peel the sheet.

It's been said before, but you need to avoid criminal damage to the car.
Something that comes off is essential. So superglue is an absolute no-no.
Repeat: It has to come off fairly easily without damage to the car. By
fairly easily, maybe 3 or 4 mins with plenty of warm water. So, wallpaper
paste is probably good.

Grouch

Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

Alfred Hitchcock

Is this a private car park or for residents only.

There are legal ways to do it which take time and money and there is another
way which I used before.

Go out to B&Q or Wickes and buy a can of expanding foam. Inject some into
the exhaust pipe of the ignorant parkers. They will have to have the car
towed off the car park because it wont start but willl keep cutting out.

After they have had to pay to have an exhaust / silencer fitted they will
have second thoughts about parking there again.

Watch you dont get caught though.

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

sme

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:11:25 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, wrote....

Simon Finnigan wrote:

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I

worked
in a supermarket. Big A4 sheets that took hours to scrape off. Then

I`d
stand by the car and wait for the owner to come out. "Who put that

on my
car????". "Me, is there a problem?". rant rant rave, threaten,

abuse.
Smile nicely and explain that since they couldn`t read the big sign

infront
of their car, we had thoughtfully decided to put one on their car to

ensure
they knew for next time. The other customers watching this used to

wet
themselves laughing!

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

Surely a blue disability badge would have told him if the car owner was
disabled?

--
sme

R45six

SO THIS IS MY PLAN. I reckon I should now stick a A4-sized
"Please Do Not Park Here" notice on the windscreen of these
regular parkers and make sure the notice is attached with some
sort of glue that takes them a long time to remove.

I would suggest you do drivers door window,
they might not be able to drive their car away otherwise.

Someone once wrote on a friend of mines window with lipstick,
as he'd left it in our underpass, not actually in the way,
but they were obviously having a bad day.
It took him a fair bit of work getting the window clean,
that stuff is really greasy.

The Natural Philosopher

David Lang wrote:

Hi Zak

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with some
psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference is that
a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or make a
mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in yellow/black.
Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

This sounds very very sensible.

Des

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message

Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would charge
you
given the profits

Good thing in Scotland, wheel clamping firms were made illegal, I think the
reason was.., they were holding you to ransom! which is illegal!
(doesn't stop the police putting you car on the back of a lorry and taking
it away and then taking £150 to get it back)

The Natural Philosopher

Alfred Hitchcock wrote:

Is this a private car park or for residents only.

There are legal ways to do it which take time and money and there is another
way which I used before.

Go out to B&Q or Wickes and buy a can of expanding foam. Inject some into
the exhaust pipe of the ignorant parkers. They will have to have the car
towed off the car park because it wont start but willl keep cutting out.

After they have had to pay to have an exhaust / silencer fitted they will
have second thoughts about parking there again.

Eaiser and cheaper is to ram a potato up it.

Watch you dont get caught though.

Indeed.

GwG

"Des" wrote in message

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message

Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would charge
you
given the profits

Good thing in Scotland, wheel clamping firms were made illegal, I think
the
reason was.., they were holding you to ransom! which is illegal!
(doesn't stop the police putting you car on the back of a lorry and taking
it away and then taking £150 to get it back)

I think this is now the case in England, (unless the clamping firms are
authorised, which most aren't). This is probably why the notices are being
ignored.

GwG

"GwG" wrote in message

"Des" wrote in message

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message

Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would charge
you
given the profits

Good thing in Scotland, wheel clamping firms were made illegal, I think
the
reason was.., they were holding you to ransom! which is illegal!
(doesn't stop the police putting you car on the back of a lorry and
taking
it away and then taking £150 to get it back)

I think this is now the case in England, (unless the clamping firms are
authorised, which most aren't). This is probably why the notices are being
ignored.

Just checked on this, and wheel clamping is now illegal unless the firms are
authorised, more details on the following link:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4507695.stm

Tony Bryer

In article , The Natural
Philosopher wrote:
Eaiser and cheaper is to ram a potato up it.

Another one time Jennings reader g

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Mary Fisher

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message

And if a cars on a pavement, squeeze past it! If you hit the wing mirror,
such a pity! :-)

I admit that I do have a few bruises on my arm - but that's when I CAN
squeeze past. Those with push chairs and in wheelchairs can't.

And it doesn't stop them doing it again anyway :-(

What makes it worse is that all the houses in this street have drives,
usually empty.

Mary

Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...
Simon Finnigan wrote:

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I

worked
in a supermarket.

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a
genuine plonker.

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges have
to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Mary

NT

Mary Fisher

"Pete M" wrote in message

Alternatively, just put up with people parking in your car park, or move
to somewhere where there's more room. After all, who'd live down South?

I don't (I wouldn't) and we still have a problem.

Mary

--
Pete M

Mercedes 260E, Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2
Ford Capri (ressurection started)
VW Golf Clipper Cabriolet

COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Mary Fisher

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would
charge you given the profits

The problem is that these firms get out of control. They'll start clamping
not only your visitors, but the owner's cars too, and ambulances, police
cars, slow moving zimmer frames etc.

You know, Christian, if you want to sound humorous you should use a smily.
If you're serious you're not sensible.

Mary

Christian.

Mary Fisher

"Des" wrote in message

(doesn't stop the police putting you car on the back of a lorry and taking
it away and then taking £150 to get it back)

Never done that with our vehicles.

But then, we always park 100% legally.

Mary

Grouch

Don't you people realise this is propagating throughtout various other
Newsgroups.?

Mary Fisher

"Grouch" wrote in message
news
Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

You're suggesting we should stick Spam on the windscreen?

Not a bad idea actually ...

Mary