Mary Fisher

"Stuffed" wrote in message

FFS it's only a car.

If you lost the gem out of your beloved dearly departed great
grandmother's
wedding ring, would you say it's only a ring?

Probably - jewellery is unimportant.

How about that clock your
father left you on his deathbed, does it matter if I crack the glass on
the
face?

No.

It could be an heirloom. It could be a hire or lease. It could have deep
sentimental value. It could simply be worth ****loads. It often, however,
is
not only a car. So if you or your offspring ever dent my door, at the very
least you will pay the full amount to professionally repair it.

And will you have the repair done or just pocket the cash with a smirk?

Look, people are more important than things.We should love people and use
things, not use people and love things.

I once reversed into a very low bollard and dented the rear bumper on our
car. It had no effect whatsoever on any of the functions of the car - to go,
stop and carry things. It didn't even have an effect on the subsequent MOT
test.

What upset me was that when I went indoors and dramatically told Spouse that
I'd crashed into something his response was to ask how much damage there was
to the car, he didn't ask if I was injured.

He very quickly realised that he'd got his priorities wrong.

Mary