Edwin

Dave Liquorice ] said
On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:25:22 +0100, wrote:

back in the late forties and early fifties one of our parents used
to look after us while the other did the shopping .

And who went out to work to pay for the food? No late night or
internet shopping then, so I guess your family must have scrounged of
the state.

When I was young (sixties also) we had these newfangled things called
"Saturday".

And I personally seem to remember late night opening on a Friday. Maybe
it depended on where you lived?

In the sixties as a young child I was taken shopping by my Mum as Dad
was out working. The same applies today.

Aren't you a bit old to still be going out shopping with your mum while
your dad is out working....?