Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why 20" wheels

On Tue, 9 May 2017 14:04:11 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 3:39:26 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Tue, 09 May 2017 16:22:39 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 15:14:35 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 15:28:04 -0400,
wrote:

The "Got it now" was a sanrky reply specifically aimed at trader_4 when he used that same snarky reply to
me. OK?

Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html
I no longer see Trader's posts (likely a lot of others have binned
him too) - reply with, hey Trader, Got it now? " and everyone will
know who you are replying to - - - ?

So it's my fault you don't see his posts?
Nope - it's HIS.

Damn, I sure can't argue with that!

What happened to ignoring people you don't agree with? ¯\_(?)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

Did you hear somebody say something?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The "Got it now" was a sanrky reply specifically aimed at trader_4 when he used that same snarky reply to
me. OK?

Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html
I no longer see Trader's posts (likely a lot of others have binned
him too) - reply with, hey Trader, Got it now? " and everyone will
know who you are replying to - - - ?

So it's my fault you don't see his posts?
Nope - it's HIS.

Damn, I sure can't argue with that!

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

Did you hear somebody say something?

I haven't heard anyone say anything but I see a lot of posts written by different people. My question was rhetorical by the way. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Rhetoric Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 2:20:53 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 8 May 2017 18:44:18 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2017 02:42 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Your reading comprehension still needs work. First, because of a lower aspect ratio the tire will weigh less
than the previous tire. Also I didn't say the design, or manufacturing process for that matter, was the
same; but the larger wheel diameter provides a greater volume between the spokes and that volume is air. Air
weighs less than aluminum, steel and rubber. Got it now?

And the rim portion has a greater circumference and weighs more than a
smaller diameter wheel, to say nothing of having a greater rotational
inertia. Some 20" rim/tire combinations may be lighter and have less
rotational inertial than 16", some may not. The air volume between the
spokes doesn't mean ****. Got it now?

The "Got it now" was a sanrky reply specifically aimed at trader_4 when he used that same snarky reply to
me. OK?

Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html

What total BS. I don't see that those links support what you claimed
in any way. You claimed one benefit of larger diameter wheels is that they reduce unsprung weight, ie that they weigh less than a smaller diameter
wheel. Here's an example of what your links say:

"While many people choose aftermarket alloy wheels for their beauty, there are equally important performance benefits to be derived.

Reduced Unsprung Weight Compared to Steel Wheels"

That is very different from what you claimed. Of course substituting
alloy wheels for steel wheels can reduce unsprung weight. That isn't
what you claimed. And you doubled down by claiming that because there
is more air between the spokes of larger wheels, they weigh less.
Good grief, you're just like Trump. Get something wrong, then just
continue to make an ass of yourself and double down, deny, deny, deny.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 3:28:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 09 May 2017 13:19:52 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

[...]

Feel free to live in your own little world of ignorance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 2:25:56 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 21:49:46 -0400, wrote:

EVET larger rim tire I have ever worked with weighed more than the
smaller rimmed equivalent. And I've worked with a lot of tire and rim
combinations over the years. Surprising fact is MOST alloy rims weigh
as much or more than the plain stamped steel wheel of the same size,
too (Talking street legat rims here, not Magnesium race wheels or spun
aluminum centerline drag wheels)

Apparently street legal wheels (a rim is only one component of a wheel) and competition wheels is why our
beliefs are diametrically opposed. I focused on competition wheels only which is why I said earlier that the
trend to larger wheels was born in competition.

ROFL. More spinning worthy of a Trumpet!

The thread was about passenger cars, Micky's question in particular.
You didn't preface your remarks by switching to competition wheels.
Here is what you said:

"There are several reasons for larger diameter wheels, none of which is styling.

1. Larger diameter wheels allow larger diameter brake rotors that will result in a greater mechanical
advantage. This results in increased stopping power.

2. Larger diameter wheels, for a given rolling radius, reduces the vehicle's un-sprung weight which will
allow the tire to remain on the road, where it's suppose to be, improving safety and handling. "

ROFL.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 8:58:19 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2017 11:53 AM, Frank wrote:

Took me 10 seconds of Googling to find answer to your rambling question:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested

Thanks. I couldn't find a good weight comparison but that article
certainly shoots down Gordon's 'more air between the spokes' theory.In
fact the steel 15" wheels are the way to go for performance.

It does help that for sure, but he just keeps doubling down on his claim.
He just posted links about going to ALLOY wheels reducing the
unsprung weight compared to STEEL wheels. But you and I know the
context and that was not at all what he claimed. The context was
simply larger diameter wheels compared to smaller diameter ones.
A reasonable person would take that to mean wheels that are the same
except for the diameter. Any damned fool knows if you substitute
a lighter metal, a design that used less metal, etc, it will weigh less.
BTW, what happened to his argument about the air between the spokes?
Now he says he was talking about race wheels, another red herring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/09/2017 12:19 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
The "Got it now" was a sanrky reply specifically aimed at trader_4 when he used that same snarky reply to
me. OK?

I missed that trader_4 is buried deep in my bozo bin. Unless there is a
reference in someone's reply I see nothing he posts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/09/2017 12:19 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html

Tirerack has an interest in selling wheels. Alloy rims *may* weigh less
than pressed steel. Alloy wheels *may* be more rigid. When I wanted a
set of rims to mount my studs I bought American Racing. It wasn't for
looks or performance -- they were only marginally more expensive than
steel rims and a lot easier to find without haunting junk yards.

Invoking Formula One high end specialty wheels in a conversation started
by Micky is a little off course. Trying to extrapolate from Formula
racing to bigger wheels being better is even harder:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...017-tyres.html

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014...-in-formula-1/

Short and fat is the way to go for F1. Don't even think about mentioning
NASCAR -- 15" and steel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The "Got it now" was a sanrky reply specifically aimed at trader_4 when he used that same snarky reply to
me. OK?

Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html
I no longer see Trader's posts (likely a lot of others have binned
him too) - reply with, hey Trader, Got it now? " and everyone will
know who you are replying to - - - ?

So it's my fault you don't see his posts?
Nope - it's HIS.

Damn, I sure can't argue with that!

What happened to ignoring people you don't agree with? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

I usually ignore people and threads that I don't find edifying but
trader_4 is such an annoying, whining troll I made a special place in
Thunderbird Hell for him. Has he ever STFU about Trump?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 3:31:10 AM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
A friend of mine is after me to buy a new car** and she found the
Buick Cascada. I've wanted a Buick for a long time, because I like GM
cars, but the Chevy I-forget-the-model-name was so cheap. Bucket
seats but not even a center console. And I've avoided Ford and
rice-burners. And the Cadillac seemed showy, so that left a
Buick. And the Skylark was beautful (And my Buick was okay too. I
forget its model name. Centurion?)

But the Cascada comes standard with 20" wheels, and they say that like
it's a good thing. Well if you're in the Gran Prix races, I'm sure
it's a good thing, but I like a comfortable ride. They don't even
mention smaller optional wheels (although I'm sure I could get them if
I pay someone to go to the Chevy dealer and get them there.

(It also has "sport-tuned suspension" I don't want that either, but I
suspect it's not like a violin that you can retune to something else.

It also comes with a black top, no other choice given. Don't these
designers ever drive the cars they design? It's like the charge-card
email notifications all over again. (I had two convertibles with
black tops. When the second one needed a new top, I changed to green,
to match the turquoise car, which was imo primarily green, and it was
much better. Since then I've had tan, a rather light version of tan.)

I suppose if I order the card before it's built, I can get a tan top,
and they probably "won't charge me much extra", but any negotiation on
the price will be over.

I've never bought a new car, but the idea was to get what I wanted,
not what I don't want. For $35,000 dollars, which I gather is not
much these days, but they don't offer to let me spend more and get
what I want.

**and indeed it will be possible to get a 7-year old car like I like,
but v. hard I think to get a 3, 4, or 5 year old car, because they
stopped making Sebrings, Solara convertibles, and maybe only Mustangs
are left.

Any other new or late model American convertibles bigger than a Miata
for sale these days?? At least as big as a mustang.

Your choice to avoid foreign cars.

But they last twice as long as American made cars.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default have replaced them twice since - once because the pads had failed, and once when the rotors had pitted and I decided I wanted larger ritors

On Tue, 9 May 2017 20:45:27 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

[...]

Not necessarily true. Yes, some of the best cars, when it comes to
lifespan and amount of repairs required, have proven to be
(particularly) asian imports like the Toyota and Honda - but there are
a LOT of old and very high mileage north americans vehicles as well -
and with VERT few repairs.
Although I am a strong believer in the Toyota in particular, having
been a Toyota service manager for 10 years, and having owned a few, I
am currently driving FORDS - because I can buy them a lot cheaper than
Toyotas used, and I will never waste my money on a brand new car.

My current personal vehicle is a 21 year old Ranger 4 liter standard
transmission standard cab long box pickup with about 352000km on the
clock. The clutch was replaced at 307000km because the internal
release cyl failed and while it was apart it just made sense to
replace the whole clutch - even though it was only less than half
worn. The front brakes had been replaced at about 275000km before I
bought the truck - and I have replaced them twice - once when the pads
failed, and once when the rotors pitted and I took the opportunity to
install larger rotors. It has had a cam synchronizer replaced and a
serpentine belt tensioner as well as a few vacuum hoses, a couple of
tail lighy bulbs, and 2 drivers side door handles. Truck still looks
like new.
Pretty much what you would expect of a well cared for Toyota pickup -
- - .
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4
Tue, 09
May 2017 15:22:30 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

That depends on the paint being used. Some paints have additional
heat dissipation properties which can extend the life of the
caliper, rotor, and brake pads.

When you have a credible study that backs that up, let us know.
Until then, I'm betting that any difference in radiated heat
because of paint color are inconsequential.

I didn't say anything about the paint color, specifically. I wrote that
some paints have additional heat dissipation properties...

I see, but sure, go ahead and start another attack with your
typical disparaging opening remarks. When you have a study that
shows what you claim, let us know.

Are you speaking for others again? I've made no attack towards you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/9/2017 11:45 PM, Andy wrote:

Your choice to avoid foreign cars.

But they last twice as long as American made cars.

Andy

Any many of them are made in America too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/2017 8:22 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/9/2017 11:45 PM, Andy wrote:

Your choice to avoid foreign cars.

But they last twice as long as American made cars.

Andy

Any many of them are made in America too.

Was the Ford I had that was assembled in Mexico, American or Mexican?
How about the Nissan assembled in Tennessee? Was it Japanese or American?

Most go by name plate alone but even if they relate it to the country
where the company started it may be foreign owned.

I consult for a company established and making products in the US that
sold the business to the UK who sold it to an EC conglomerate that sold
it to the Japanese who now own it. Products are still made in the USA.

If parts are an issue, I might mention I worked with an engineer that
had left Ford in Detroit and his last assignment had been to adapt a
Ford model to accept a Japanese engine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Who just brought Trump up in this thread? Idiot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:50:11 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Tue, 09
May 2017 15:22:30 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

That depends on the paint being used. Some paints have additional
heat dissipation properties which can extend the life of the
caliper, rotor, and brake pads.

When you have a credible study that backs that up, let us know.
Until then, I'm betting that any difference in radiated heat
because of paint color are inconsequential.

I didn't say anything about the paint color, specifically. I wrote that
some paints have additional heat dissipation properties...

Fine, just show us any studies that show these paints that you allege
are used on brake components to dissipate heat and that they provide
any real world, measured benefit. Note that some gearheads spraying
something on their brake calipers because they think it works doesn't
count,.

I see, but sure, go ahead and start another attack with your
typical disparaging opening remarks. When you have a study that
shows what you claim, let us know.

Are you speaking for others again? I've made no attack towards you.

Np. Just pointing out how you start you open with disparaging remarks
and that I'm waiting for you to post your supporting evidence to back
up your claim. Stop the usual diversion into the wilderness. Until
then, I say it's nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 1:45:24 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 13:17:47 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 08 May 2017 11:05:17 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Mon, 8 May 2017 08:12:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Bigger wheel are as much for appearance as anything else. Remember when
they went to 14' for a while back in 1958? Made the car lower. The
larger diameter will give you more miles on he tires as it travels
further each revolution.

As for ride, most tires today have low aspect ratio. Good for cornering,
not so much for soft ride.

Not many convertibles to choose from thee days. Maybe they got better,
but I no longer drive Buicks after the last one fell apart. It was a
2001 LeSabre Limited loaded with espensive problems, as all my GM cars
had. I buy quality cars by Hyundia now including a Korea made Genesis.
Love driving it.

There are several reasons for larger diameter wheels, none of which is styling.

1. Larger diameter wheels allow larger diameter brake rotors that will result in a greater mechanical
advantage. This results in increased stopping power.

How much braking does the average driver require at legal road speeds?

That depends. Imagine you are traveling at 60 mph and you suddenly see an obstacle 150 feet in front of you.
Your reaction time decreases that distance to 125 feet and your car takes 130 feet to stop... do you really
need greater stopping power?

Imagine that your tires don't have infinite adhesion to the pavement
and that any braking system can lock up the brakes. In other words,
it's a lot more complicated than you assume.

Posted to alt.home.repair

submitted this idea :
On Mon, 08 May 2017 09:02:18 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Mon 08 May 2017 01:31:03a, Micky told us...

[...]

So far you haven't really asked a atruly relevnant question. You
should probably research various dealers yourself. It just might
provide more insight. Or, if you're really serious aboaut buying a
car, you could always consult a broker. They are generally impartial
and have a wealth of inforomation.

Buying a Cascada in North America you are buying an orphan - parts
will be special order only in most cases, and virtually unavailable on
the used market. In Europe the Astra J is a common car - as a Ope; or
Vauxhall - and down under as a Holden. In North America it is a
rarity.

If you want a GM convertible, SERIOUSLY look at the Camaro. However, I
would buy a Mustang over a Camaro in a heartbeat. The 'stang with a V6
would make a decent car, not expensive to maintain, not expensive to
insure, or to feed. It also maintains it's value.

Naaaa....get a convertable Lambo. They are much more fun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4
Wed, 10
May 2017 14:51:02 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:50:11 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Tue,
09 May 2017 15:22:30 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

That depends on the paint being used. Some paints have
additional heat dissipation properties which can extend the
life of the caliper, rotor, and brake pads.

When you have a credible study that backs that up, let us know.
Until then, I'm betting that any difference in radiated heat
because of paint color are inconsequential.

I didn't say anything about the paint color, specifically. I
wrote that some paints have additional heat dissipation
properties...

Fine, just show us any studies that show these paints that you
allege are used on brake components to dissipate heat and that
they provide any real world, measured benefit. Note that some
gearheads spraying something on their brake calipers because they
think it works doesn't count,.

Hmm. Are you incapable of using a search engine? I'm really not the
sort who likes to hand hold...

Are you speaking for others again? I've made no attack towards
you.

Np. Just pointing out how you start you open with disparaging
remarks and that I'm waiting for you to post your supporting
evidence to back up your claim. Stop the usual diversion into the
wilderness. Until then, I say it's nonsense.

See above.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster
Wed, 10
May 2017 11:31:03 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Don't killfile the T-4 Unit, it can be very entertaining. It isn't
really nasty, it just has an unreasonably high opinion of itself.

I tend not to listen to what others think of a specific poster. I
like to reach my own conclusions. By observing and if no risk via
observation is determined, interacting with them.

I rarely killfiled anyone when I had a real newsreader and the
miscreant had to try really hard to get me to block him/her/it.

Likewise. I have blocked all posts from remailers, only because the
flooding tended to clog my screen up and I didn't want to scroll
through bull**** thread subject after bull**** thread subject to find
other subjects. It's a shame the coward feels the need to abuse the
remailers in such a manner, as they were never intended for stalking
and harassing other usenetters.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's filtered them at this point,
either. Which has the nasty side effect, if an individual used one
for a legitimate purpose, anyone who's filtered them wouldn't see the
post, unless someone else quoted it, and depending on the filtering
system, not even then.

Remember The Mad Hatter? Hatter was so narcissistic and despicable
that one of my Canuck pals went after him in real life and you
don't see Hatter around anymore.

Yes well, that can happen. Especially when one thinks he/she is an
untouchable keyboard coyboy free to do whatever they like. I do
slightly regret not paying BD a visit in person when I was in his
neck of the woods. I should have, in hindsight. I would have enjoyed
observing his body language when I walked up and introduced myself.

It would have been even better if I caught up with him while he was
on a stroll with his lovely wife. I could have had an in person chat
with her and let her know what her husband has been doing online, for
years now. As I strongly suspect he's kept her in the dark concerning
his online activities, which mostly consist of stalking people.

If I ever get the opportunity to visit his area again, when he's not
off boating in the canals, I think I might just do that. I just don't
feel the doxing multiple times on him in a much larger scale than
that of usenet makes us even. Even with the new releases and the new
picture included with them, I still don't think we're even. I feel he
still owes me. I'd very much like to place my hands on him and
explain things in a manner he might better understand.

What he does wouldn't be tolerated anywhere that I know of irl, I
don't see why he thinks it's okay because it's done online, instead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 6:24:30 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
[...]

No, but you are incapable of understanding that it's up to the one
making the claim to support it. Which, obviously you can't do.

Next!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/05/2017 11:21, Diesel wrote:
[...]

Uncle Monster ALSO knows where YOU live, Dustin J Cook.

I showed him!

ASK him! :-)

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

"I suspect you know very little about race cars of various kinds based
on what you've written..."

That was your first reply back to me, when you made the claim that
the paint used on brake calipers can have a material effect on heat
and performance. Call it what you will, it's not very nice. Especially
when you apparently don't know WTF you're talking about.

Here is the claim you made:

Diesel: "Some paints have additional heat
dissipation properties which can extend the life of the caliper, rotor,
and brake pads. As, over heated pads aren't providing much if any
stopping ability"

Also note the segue into the wilderness, I said nothing about race cars. Again, context is part of your problem, we
were talking about 20"wheels on Micky's car, street cars. But heh,
I even opened it
up for you to include race cars. Show us the sources for your claim
that the paint used can have a material effect on the braking performance. Any credible study would be a good place to start.

And no, it's not up to me or anyone else to go find the sources for
your claims.

Even you obviously recognize that characteristic of many of your posts,
yet above you deny it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 11:51:53 AM UTC-5, David B. wrote:
[...]

David, I thought I made it clear to you that I have no canine in your altercation with Dustin. I'm on no one's side and don't want to be involved in your online spat. Stop trying to drag me into it. Dustin has never done me harm and I'll not treat him as an enemy. You have never done me any harm either but you seem to want on your side. I'm neutral and treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not to. You're beginning to give me a reason not to. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Annoyed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-05-11 3:19 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Absolutely, UM, your skin is much thicker than mine, but it sounds like
you are finally coming to the same conclusion I reached a long time ago,
BD IS a bad guy.

--
Froz....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 May 2017 10:21:13 -0000 (UTC)
Diesel wrote:

I do
slightly regret not paying BD a visit in person when I was in his
neck of the woods. I should have, in hindsight.

Not being manly and all you could not visit....Pathetic.

So in your own words you became.
Especially when one thinks he/she is an
untouchable keyboard coyboy free to do whatever they like.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-05-11 3:19 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

David, I thought I made it clear to you that I have no canine in your altercation with Dustin. I'm on no one's side and don't want to be involved in your online spat. Stop trying to drag me into it. Dustin has never done me harm and I'll not treat him as an enemy. You have never done me any harm either but you seem to want on your side. I'm neutral and treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not to. You're beginning to give me a reason not to. o_O

Absolutely, UM, your skin is much thicker than mine, but it sounds like
you are finally coming to the same conclusion I reached a long time ago,
BD IS a bad guy.
--
Froz....

I've heard from both sides of the spat with "Look how bad he/she/it is and you shouldn't have anything to do with them." Just because I have a conversation with someone doesn't mean I have joined their jihad. I've never tried to harm someone because I have a difference of opinion with them. I have made life very difficult for people who've actually harmed me in some way. I'm not at war with anyone on Usenet and I don't care to be. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Neutral Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-05-11 3:19 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

No worries, I have never tried to sway your opinion of someone and never
will. In my opinion anybody that needs the support of others that badly
is standing on a creaky ladder.

--
Froz....
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

ditto
If he wants to add something on topic, he should change his nym.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David B."
Thu, 11 May 2017 16:51:41 GMT
in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Uncle Monster ALSO knows where YOU live, Dustin J Cook.

Sure he does. There's been, what, five or six addresses posted on me so
far? I've mentioned my property layout in detail on several
occasions, discussed some of the things I've got sitting around here,
on several occasions. Even complained, multiple times about my lack of
grass and a pile of dust instead on my equipment. But, you go ahead and
assume you got me, David.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster

On 2017-05-11 3:19 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

Well, in my own defense, I simply warned you; I didn't ask for your
support, as, well, I don't actually need it. You're welcome to reach
your own conclusions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4
Thu, 11
May 2017 14:55:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

No, but you are incapable of understanding that it's up to the one
making the claim to support it. Which, obviously you can't do.

I find it interesting how you reach such erroneous conclusions so
quickly, Trader.

-- I would like to apologize for not having offended you yet. Please
be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4
Thu, 11
May 2017 17:17:37 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[...]

Yes I wrote that. This is an attack how exactly?

That was your first reply back to me, when you made the claim that
the paint used on brake calipers can have a material effect on
heat and performance. Call it what you will, it's not very nice.
Especially when you apparently don't know WTF you're talking
about.

I'm not calling it anything. I'm asking why you thought I was
attacking you when I wrote it. Oh, I assure you, I do know WTF I'm
talking about, but, I find this to back and forth to be much more
interesting.

Here is the claim you made:

Diesel: "Some paints have additional heat
dissipation properties which can extend the life of the caliper,
rotor, and brake pads. As, over heated pads aren't providing much
if any stopping ability"

Yes I wrote that. And?

Again, context is part of your problem, we were talking
about 20"wheels on Micky's car, street cars.

Other than the comment you misunderstood as some sort of an attack on
you, I said nothing specifically about 'race cars' either. In
relation to my comment above. I have no issues with context, but,
based on your replies, it's possible you might...

And no, it's not up to me or anyone else to go find the sources
for your claims.

I can provide sources which backup what I actually wrote, but, I find
this back and forth to be far more interesting. You seem to be
confusing extend the life of with performance, when, I didn't use
that word. But, no matter. I'm still giving you the chance to use a
search engine before I spoil the fun and force you to move goal
posts, as you did in a previous discussion we had.

Even you obviously recognize that characteristic of many of your
posts, yet above you deny it.

It's clear, you're not a fan of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
I use the signature because I find it to be amusing, but, your
sense of humour and taste is obviously different than my own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:50:11 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Tue, 09
May 2017 15:22:30 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

That depends on the paint being used. Some paints have additional
heat dissipation properties which can extend the life of the
caliper, rotor, and brake pads.

When you have a credible study that backs that up, let us know.
Until then, I'm betting that any difference in radiated heat
because of paint color are inconsequential.

I didn't say anything about the paint color, specifically. I wrote that
some paints have additional heat dissipation properties...

And I said, and will say again, when you have any credible study,
anything for us to look at, that supports that the type of paint
used on brake rotors, calipers, etc can make a material difference
in extending the life of the brake components due to the difference
in the paint's heat dissipation, let us know. The context of the thread,
when you jumped on me, was Micky's 20" wheels on a passenger car.
That's when I said that painting calipers and the like was for appearance.
But, heh, I'm reasonable. You extended it to include race cars,
so show us the evidence that the paint makes a difference there.

I see, but sure, go ahead and start another attack with your
typical disparaging opening remarks. When you have a study that
shows what you claim, let us know.

Are you speaking for others again? I've made no attack towards you.

Still waiting for a study or *anything* credible to back up your
claim. Crickets.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:47:15 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
[...]

It implies that I don't know WTF I'm talking about. Speaking of
not knowing WTF you're talking about, have you found a study,
*anything* to back up your claim that went along with that?
The claim that the paint used on brake calipers, components can
have an effect on the longevity of the brake parts due to better
heat dissipation?

Still waiting.

That was your first reply back to me, when you made the claim that
the paint used on brake calipers can have a material effect on
heat and performance. Call it what you will, it's not very nice.
Especially when you apparently don't know WTF you're talking
about.

I'm not calling it anything. I'm asking why you thought I was
attacking you when I wrote it. Oh, I assure you, I do know WTF I'm
talking about, but, I find this to back and forth to be much more
interesting.

Here is the claim you made:

Diesel: "Some paints have additional heat
dissipation properties which can extend the life of the caliper,
rotor, and brake pads. As, over heated pads aren't providing much
if any stopping ability"

Yes I wrote that. And?

And I've asked about 4 times now for a study, a cite, anything credible
to back up that claim. Until you have something, I call BS.
Crickets.......

Again, context is part of your problem, we were talking
about 20"wheels on Micky's car, street cars.

Other than the comment you misunderstood as some sort of an attack on
you, I said nothing specifically about 'race cars' either.

You sure did, you just re-quoted it again. And if you said nothing
about race cars, you want to double down that the type of paint on
street car brake components makes a difference in the longevity due
to better heat dissipation? You really want to do that? It's obviously
an order of magnitude more into the BS zone.

In
relation to my comment above. I have no issues with context, but,
based on your replies, it's possible you might...

And no, it's not up to me or anyone else to go find the sources
for your claims.

I can provide sources which backup what I actually wrote,

Sure you can, that's why none have been forthcoming.
ROFL.

but, I find
this back and forth to be far more interesting.

Trolls typically do.

You seem to be
confusing extend the life of with performance,

I asked for a reference, any credible reference to show that the type of
paint makes any material difference in performance or longevity due to
better heat dissipation. So far....... crickets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:47:15 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Thu, 11
May 2017 14:55:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

No, but you are incapable of understanding that it's up to the one
making the claim to support it. Which, obviously you can't do.

I find it interesting how you reach such erroneous conclusions so
quickly, Trader.

-- I would like to apologize for not having offended you yet. Please
be patient. I will get to you shortly.

No erroneous conclusions here. But I find it interesting how you are
unable to back up your claim. If what you claimed was true and you
provided some simple links to back it up, all this would have been
avoided. So, where is the supporting evidence? Crickets......
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4
Fri, 12
May 2017 00:07:03 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

No erroneous conclusions here.

Are you sure? As, you assumed I was referencing paint color,
previously.

But I find it interesting how you are unable to back up your claim.
If what you claimed was true and you provided some simple links to
back it up

That would require me to hold your hand. I'm not presently, willing to
do that. Not just yet.

New 6" wire wheels Steve W.[_4_] Metalworking 9 June 22nd 15 07:59 PM
3-4" grinding wheels [email protected] UK diy 14 May 13th 09 01:24 PM
9" Buffing Wheels M-Powell Woodturning 6 October 22nd 06 12:26 AM
M14-2 right angle grinder arbor. Where to get wheels 7"-9" Lyndell Thompson Metalworking 18 May 14th 06 02:40 PM
Ladder standoff, wheels or no wheels? Josey UK diy 10 September 2nd 04 11:05 AM