Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why 20" wheels

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:50:11 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Tue, 09
May 2017 15:22:30 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

That depends on the paint being used. Some paints have additional
heat dissipation properties which can extend the life of the
caliper, rotor, and brake pads.

When you have a credible study that backs that up, let us know.
Until then, I'm betting that any difference in radiated heat
because of paint color are inconsequential.

I didn't say anything about the paint color, specifically. I wrote that
some paints have additional heat dissipation properties...

I see, but sure, go ahead and start another attack with your
typical disparaging opening remarks. When you have a study that
shows what you claim, let us know.

Are you speaking for others again? I've made no attack towards you.

"I suspect you know very little about race cars of various kinds based
on what you've written..."

That was your first reply back to me, when you made the claim that
the paint used on brake calipers can have a material effect on heat
and performance. Call it what you will, it's not very nice. Especially
when you apparently don't know WTF you're talking about.

Here is the claim you made:

Diesel: "Some paints have additional heat
dissipation properties which can extend the life of the caliper, rotor,
and brake pads. As, over heated pads aren't providing much if any
stopping ability"

Also note the segue into the wilderness, I said nothing about race cars. Again, context is part of your problem, we
were talking about 20"wheels on Micky's car, street cars. But heh,
I even opened it
up for you to include race cars. Show us the sources for your claim
that the paint used can have a material effect on the braking performance. Any credible study would be a good place to start.

And no, it's not up to me or anyone else to go find the sources for
your claims.

Even you obviously recognize that characteristic of many of your posts,
yet above you deny it.