Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why 20" wheels

A friend of mine is after me to buy a new car** and she found the
Buick Cascada. I've wanted a Buick for a long time, because I like GM
cars, but the Chevy I-forget-the-model-name was so cheap. Bucket
seats but not even a center console. And I've avoided Ford and
rice-burners. And the Cadillac seemed showy, so that left a
Buick. And the Skylark was beautful (And my Buick was okay too. I
forget its model name. Centurion?)

But the Cascada comes standard with 20" wheels, and they say that like
it's a good thing. Well if you're in the Gran Prix races, I'm sure
it's a good thing, but I like a comfortable ride. They don't even
mention smaller optional wheels (although I'm sure I could get them if
I pay someone to go to the Chevy dealer and get them there.

(It also has "sport-tuned suspension" I don't want that either, but I
suspect it's not like a violin that you can retune to something else.

It also comes with a black top, no other choice given. Don't these
designers ever drive the cars they design? It's like the charge-card
email notifications all over again. (I had two convertibles with
black tops. When the second one needed a new top, I changed to green,
to match the turquoise car, which was imo primarily green, and it was
much better. Since then I've had tan, a rather light version of tan.)

I suppose if I order the card before it's built, I can get a tan top,
and they probably "won't charge me much extra", but any negotiation on
the price will be over.

I've never bought a new car, but the idea was to get what I wanted,
not what I don't want. For $35,000 dollars, which I gather is not
much these days, but they don't offer to let me spend more and get
what I want.

**and indeed it will be possible to get a 7-year old car like I like,
but v. hard I think to get a 3, 4, or 5 year old car, because they
stopped making Sebrings, Solara convertibles, and maybe only Mustangs
are left.

Any other new or late model American convertibles bigger than a Miata
for sale these days?? At least as big as a mustang.

New 6" wire wheels Steve W.[_4_] Metalworking 9 June 22nd 15 07:59 PM
3-4" grinding wheels [email protected] UK diy 14 May 13th 09 01:24 PM
9" Buffing Wheels M-Powell Woodturning 6 October 22nd 06 12:26 AM
M14-2 right angle grinder arbor. Where to get wheels 7"-9" Lyndell Thompson Metalworking 18 May 14th 06 02:40 PM
Ladder standoff, wheels or no wheels? Josey UK diy 10 September 2nd 04 11:05 AM