Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why 20" wheels

On 05/09/2017 12:25 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 21:49:46 -0400, wrote:

EVET larger rim tire I have ever worked with weighed more than the
smaller rimmed equivalent. And I've worked with a lot of tire and rim
combinations over the years. Surprising fact is MOST alloy rims weigh
as much or more than the plain stamped steel wheel of the same size,
too (Talking street legat rims here, not Magnesium race wheels or spun
aluminum centerline drag wheels)

Apparently street legal wheels (a rim is only one component of a wheel) and competition wheels is why our
beliefs are diametrically opposed. I focused on competition wheels only which is why I said earlier that the
trend to larger wheels was born in competition.

Which competition? Not F1 and not NASCAR.