Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why 20" wheels

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 3:28:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 09 May 2017 13:19:52 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Mon, 8 May 2017 18:44:18 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2017 02:42 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Your reading comprehension still needs work. First, because of a lower aspect ratio the tire will weigh less
than the previous tire. Also I didn't say the design, or manufacturing process for that matter, was the
same; but the larger wheel diameter provides a greater volume between the spokes and that volume is air. Air
weighs less than aluminum, steel and rubber. Got it now?

And the rim portion has a greater circumference and weighs more than a
smaller diameter wheel, to say nothing of having a greater rotational
inertia. Some 20" rim/tire combinations may be lighter and have less
rotational inertial than 16", some may not. The air volume between the
spokes doesn't mean ****. Got it now?

The "Got it now" was a sanrky reply specifically aimed at trader_4 when he used that same snarky reply to
me. OK?

Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html

I no longer see Trader's posts (likely a lot of others have binned
him too) - reply with, hey Trader, Got it now? " and everyone will
know who you are replying to - - - ?

Feel free to live in your own little world of ignorance.