Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why 20" wheels

On 05/09/2017 12:19 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Here are a couple links that support my statements in this thread:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=98
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech....jsp?techid=90
http://formula1-dictionary.net/wheels.html

Tirerack has an interest in selling wheels. Alloy rims *may* weigh less
than pressed steel. Alloy wheels *may* be more rigid. When I wanted a
set of rims to mount my studs I bought American Racing. It wasn't for
looks or performance -- they were only marginally more expensive than
steel rims and a lot easier to find without haunting junk yards.

Invoking Formula One high end specialty wheels in a conversation started
by Micky is a little off course. Trying to extrapolate from Formula
racing to bigger wheels being better is even harder:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...017-tyres.html

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014...-in-formula-1/

Short and fat is the way to go for F1. Don't even think about mentioning
NASCAR -- 15" and steel.