Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Why 20" wheels

On 5/10/2017 8:22 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/9/2017 11:45 PM, Andy wrote:

Your choice to avoid foreign cars.

But they last twice as long as American made cars.

Andy

Any many of them are made in America too.

Was the Ford I had that was assembled in Mexico, American or Mexican?
How about the Nissan assembled in Tennessee? Was it Japanese or American?

Most go by name plate alone but even if they relate it to the country
where the company started it may be foreign owned.

I consult for a company established and making products in the US that
sold the business to the UK who sold it to an EC conglomerate that sold
it to the Japanese who now own it. Products are still made in the USA.

If parts are an issue, I might mention I worked with an engineer that
had left Ford in Detroit and his last assignment had been to adapt a
Ford model to accept a Japanese engine.