Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why 20" wheels

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 8:58:19 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2017 11:53 AM, Frank wrote:

Took me 10 seconds of Googling to find answer to your rambling question:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested

Thanks. I couldn't find a good weight comparison but that article
certainly shoots down Gordon's 'more air between the spokes' theory.In
fact the steel 15" wheels are the way to go for performance.

It does help that for sure, but he just keeps doubling down on his claim.
He just posted links about going to ALLOY wheels reducing the
unsprung weight compared to STEEL wheels. But you and I know the
context and that was not at all what he claimed. The context was
simply larger diameter wheels compared to smaller diameter ones.
A reasonable person would take that to mean wheels that are the same
except for the diameter. Any damned fool knows if you substitute
a lighter metal, a design that used less metal, etc, it will weigh less.
BTW, what happened to his argument about the air between the spokes?
Now he says he was talking about race wheels, another red herring.