Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why 20" wheels

On 11/05/2017 20:19, Uncle Monster wrote:

David, I thought I made it clear to you that I have no canine in your altercation with Dustin. I'm on no one's side and don't want to be involved in your online spat. Stop trying to drag me into it. Dustin has never done me harm and I'll not treat him as an enemy. You have never done me any harm either but you seem to want on your side. I'm neutral and treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not to. You're beginning to give me a reason not to. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Annoyed Monster

Duly noted, UAM. :-(

I hereby issue you a public apology.

I AM SORRY FOR ANNOYING YOU, Uncle Monster

--
David B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David B."
Fri, 12 May 2017 09:02:15 GMT
in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 11/05/2017 20:19, Uncle Monster wrote:

David, I thought I made it clear to you that I have no canine in
your altercation with Dustin. I'm on no one's side and don't want
to be involved in your online spat. Stop trying to drag me into
it. Dustin has never done me harm and I'll not treat him as an
enemy. You have never done me any harm either but you seem to
want on your side. I'm neutral and treat everyone the same until
they give me a reason not to. You're beginning to give me a
reason not to. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Annoyed Monster

Duly noted, UAM. :-(

I hereby issue you a public apology.

I AM SORRY FOR ANNOYING YOU, Uncle Monster

So it is possible for you to smarten up then! I'm impressed. Shame you
won't take that route with me, David...damn shame. As, I'm getting
tired of the back and forth with you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4
Fri, 12
May 2017 00:04:54 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Yes I wrote that. This is an attack how exactly?

It implies that I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

How does it imply any such thing?

Still waiting.

Are you still unable to use a search engine?

What would be considered credible references to you, specifically?

And I've asked about 4 times now for a study, a cite, anything
credible to back up that claim. Until you have something, I call
BS. Crickets.......

Define what's credible in your eyes, please. I ask because, well, I
don't want you to try and move the goalposts, as you tried doing the
last time we had any 'serious' discussion. Rather, an attempt at one.

I can provide sources which backup what I actually wrote,

Sure you can, that's why none have been forthcoming.
ROFL.

I'm waiting on further clarification from you.

Trolls typically do.

You think I'm a troll, then?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:02:21 AM UTC-5, David B. wrote:
On 11/05/2017 20:19, Uncle Monster wrote:

David, I thought I made it clear to you that I have no canine in your altercation with Dustin. I'm on no one's side and don't want to be involved in your online spat. Stop trying to drag me into it. Dustin has never done me harm and I'll not treat him as an enemy. You have never done me any harm either but you seem to want on your side. I'm neutral and treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not to. You're beginning to give me a reason not to. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Annoyed Monster

Duly noted, UAM. :-(

I hereby issue you a public apology.

I AM SORRY FOR ANNOYING YOU, Uncle Monster
--
David B.

Apology accepted. I and a lot of other people would appreciate you taking your quarrel with Dustin someplace else. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Vexed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 5:33:12 AM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
[...]

For some reason, whenever I see you and the T-4 Unit arguing, a number of images come to mind. snicker ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/...ollAnatomy.jpg

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/.../TrollLv10.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Trolling Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 6:33:12 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Fri, 12
May 2017 00:04:54 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Yes I wrote that. This is an attack how exactly?

It implies that I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

How does it imply any such thing?

Still waiting.

Are you still unable to use a search engine?

No, but you're obviously unable to understand that the one
making the claim is the one that's responsible for providing
the proof. I could claim I saw extraterrestrials at McDonalds
and then tell you it's up to you to Google to prove it.
See how that works? You claim you're new to the newsgroup,
want to participate. Well, I've been here a long time and can tell
you that your approach is not one that's welcome or gets
you any respect. You're having problems here not only with me,
but with Philo and now Uncle. Plus you've apparently dragged
an existing following in here of others too.

What would be considered credible references to you, specifically?

Just put up what you have so everyone can see it and evaluate it.
The fact that you can't, speaks for itself. No point in discussing
what's credible, what's not when you have ZILCH.

Until you do, I'm done with you, no point in screwing around
with a troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

You think I'm a troll, then?

For some reason, whenever I see you and the T-4 Unit arguing, a number
of images come to mind. snicker ?(???)?

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/...ollAnatomy.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Trolling Monster

I especially liked the "knee braces" part... it's "so you"! [g]

--
RonNNN
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 12:32:10 PM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

You think I'm a troll, then?

For some reason, whenever I see you and the T-4 Unit arguing, a number
of images come to mind. snicker ?(???)?

https://i628.photobucket.com/albums/...ollAnatomy.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Trolling Monster

I especially liked the "knee braces" part... it's "so you"! [g]
--
RonNNN

Are you kidding?! I have knee braces and I can't get the damn things on over my swollen legs and knees. The bandages are also in the way. ヽ(à²*_à²*)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Gimpy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster
Fri, 12
May 2017 12:26:37 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[...]

You have very high hopes, unrealistic, high hopes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster
Fri, 12
May 2017 14:38:29 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[...]

68 scripts just to view a jpeg? And, that's just initial blocking.
I'll pass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 news:eef874c5-a266-4454-b9ae-
Fri, 12 May 2017 15:04:14 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 6:33:12 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Fri, 12
May 2017 00:04:54 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Yes I wrote that. This is an attack how exactly?

It implies that I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

How does it imply any such thing?

Still waiting.

Are you still unable to use a search engine?

No, but you're obviously unable to understand that the one
making the claim is the one that's responsible for providing
the proof.

I agree with you. So...

MID:
I'm betting that any difference in radiated heat because
of paint color are inconsequential.

Your proof of that claim is where? I didn't write anything about
paint color, you just made that assumption. You might even try to
disagree that the source(s) I have aren't talking about paint as you
define paint, so, again, I'm asking you, specifically, what you
consider to be a credible source and/or sources. Before, I post them.

You claim you're new to the newsgroup, want to participate. Well,
Ive been here a long time and can tell you that your approach is
not one that's welcome or gets you any respect.

It's no claim. I am new here. Although, I didn't say I was here to
participate. That's just an assumption you're making at this point.
Despite the fact I have taken interest in some threads, it's not my
primary reason for being here.

I'd have to take what you say as far as my approach with a large salt
shaker. I've noticed various individuals here continue referring to
you as a troll and have filtered you as a result. I'm not looking for
a welcome party, or respect from anyone posting here. As I wrote
above, participation is NOT my primary reason for being here.

You're having problems here not only with me,
but with Philo and now Uncle.

Going by your understanding, I might have an issue with a total of
three of you, then. That's still a small number. I use the word might
because I have no real issues with Uncle, and, afaik, the issues
Philo and I had were the result of being mislead by his 'friend'
concerning our mutual skillsets and knowledge.

Plus you've apparently dragged
an existing following in here of others too.

Nope. They've been here for a bit longer than myself actually. You
have it almost reversed, except that I wasn't 'dragged' here, I came
of my own free will.

Should I be using crayons, or, have you figured out why i'm here now?

What would be considered credible references to you, specifically?

Just put up what you have so everyone can see it and evaluate it.

I asked you, specifically you, a very simple question.

The fact that you can't, speaks for itself. No point in discussing
what's credible, what's not when you have ZILCH.

You know what they say about assumptions, right?

Until you do, I'm done with you, no point in screwing around
with a troll.

You use the word troll incorrectly to describe me. I'm not one. But,
I do find your comment hillarious on the face of it. If it helps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2017 13:26, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:02:21 AM UTC-5, David B. wrote:
On 11/05/2017 20:19, Uncle Monster wrote:

David, I thought I made it clear to you that I have no canine in your altercation with Dustin. I'm on no one's side and don't want to be involved in your online spat. Stop trying to drag me into it. Dustin has never done me harm and I'll not treat him as an enemy. You have never done me any harm either but you seem to want on your side. I'm neutral and treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not to. You're beginning to give me a reason not to. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Annoyed Monster

Duly noted, UAM. :-(

I hereby issue you a public apology.

I AM SORRY FOR ANNOYING YOU, Uncle Monster
--
David B.

Apology accepted.

Thank you. :-)

I and a lot of other people would appreciate you taking your quarrel with Dustin someplace else. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Vexed Monster

Noted, UVM.

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2017 6:38 PM, Diesel wrote:
Uncle Monster
Fri, 12

I AM SORRY FOR ANNOYING YOU, Uncle Monster
--
David B.

Apology accepted. I and a lot of other people would appreciate you
taking your quarrel with Dustin someplace else.

You have very high hopes, unrealistic, high hopes.

Lead by example troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 6:42:11 PM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
[...]

I'm using the Slimjet browser on this tiny Win 10 stick computer and Slimjet has built-in ad blocking plus I have the AdBlock, Privacy Badger and Ghostery extensions installed. When you mentioned scripts it reminded me of the NoScript extension I installed on Firefox on my other computers. I've never seen any nefarious behavior when visiting Photobucket but then I use this tiny thing as a "Play" machine because it's easy to wipe and start over. I also have a Dell Win 7 laptop with me but I only use it for online banking, bill paying, medical records and business. I don't go anywhere near sites where it could get cooties. Back home I'd have a half dozen computers running at any one time with a KVM switch hooked to 4 machines and I was playing with a separate computer to use as a firewall but it's been several years since I messed with it and I've no idea WTF I was using without looking it up and trying to remember. I miss all my toys. A lot of them were rescued from businesses that were upgrading their systems. There is nothing more fun to experiment and play with than free stuff. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Frustrated Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2017 3:04 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm using the Slimjet browser on this tiny Win 10 stick computer

What is a stick computer?

and Slimjet has built-in ad blocking plus I have the AdBlock, Privacy
Badger and Ghostery extensions installed. When you mentioned scripts

I've heard of Adblock because I use it on my browser, but Slimjet is new
to me, and so is Privacy Badger. Seems like I've heard of Ghostery,
once upon a time, but can't remember where.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11:03:12 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/13/2017 3:04 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm using the Slimjet browser on this tiny Win 10 stick computer

What is a stick computer?

and Slimjet has built-in ad blocking plus I have the AdBlock, Privacy
Badger and Ghostery extensions installed. When you mentioned scripts

I've heard of Adblock because I use it on my browser, but Slimjet is new
to me, and so is Privacy Badger. Seems like I've heard of Ghostery,
once upon a time, but can't remember where.
--
Maggie

Here are links. The tiny computer is a bit limited but I like it for what it can do. I have the optional multimedia remote which works well but the buttons are so small I must switch to my 4X reading glasses to see them. I have an older full sized Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse I use instead of the multimedia remote. Privacy Badger is a product of The Electronic Frontier Foundation which leans Liberal but the members have the right ideas about privacy and everyone should read their stuff. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...00/c/Stick-300

http://www.slimjet.com/

https://www.eff.org/

https://ssd.eff.org/

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

https://www.ghostery.com/

https://getadblock.com/

https://poperblocker.com/

[8~{} Uncle Private Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 6:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

So, if I use AdBlocker with firefox, do I also need any of these other ones?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 11:59 AM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

news.mozilla.org has a Firefox group you could ask.

All I use is Adblock Plus. There are sites, like my local Gannet rag,
that makes me turn it off to use them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 2:37 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Same here for that's all I use and some sites wants me to turn it off.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 10:59:43 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I haven't tried them with Firefox but you should give the Slimjet browser a try. It's based on Chrome so the same extensions work. When I change any settings or extensions in Slimjet on this tiny Win 10 stick, it all shows up on my Win 7 laptop running Slimjet. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Slim Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/15/2017 09:59 AM, Muggles wrote:
So, if I use AdBlocker with firefox, do I also need any of these other ones?

Ghostery and PrivacyBadger are more about blocking trackers than ads. I
also run NoScript but that can be a pain in the butt. It is interesting
to see all the **** most webpages load these days. Gotta have Facebook,
Twitter, a bunch of analytics, this, that, and some other thing to
display a 2 paragraph 'news' story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 3:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I was looking at the Slimjet browser. What do you like about it vs.
Firefox?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 8:24 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/15/2017 09:59 AM, Muggles wrote:
So, if I use AdBlocker with firefox, do I also need any of these other
ones?

Ghostery and PrivacyBadger are more about blocking trackers than ads. I
also run NoScript but that can be a pain in the butt. It is interesting
to see all the **** most webpages load these days. Gotta have Facebook,
Twitter, a bunch of analytics, this, that, and some other thing to
display a 2 paragraph 'news' story.

yeah, those tracker ads have become like big brother!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 10:34:08 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I have 6 different web browsers installed on this little stick computer including Edge and IE11 which came with the Windows10 OS. If something doesn't work with Slimjet, I'll copy the address and try it in another browser. I stick with Slimjet most of the time using a proxy. Right now, the proxy shows me to be in Fairfax County, Virginia even though I'm in Birmingham, Alabamastan. I should really use a different proxy every day to confuse my enemas. The only problem with using a proxy is that the bank, Amazon and sometimes my Email services will issue a security alert to indicate possible hacking. I have a Win7 laptop that stays a virgin and is only used for online banking, bill paying, medical related information and business. I help Stinky with his business and I won't take any chances with the laptop getting infected with malware. I also use Slimjet on the laptop. This little stick computer is the "Play" machine while the laptop is the "Work" machine. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Play Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2017 7:44 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I won't take any chances with the laptop getting infected with malware.

How can you be _absolutely certain_ of that if you connect it to the
Internet?

Personally, I think that wishful thinking! ;-)

(I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2017 4:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/15/2017 8:24 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/15/2017 09:59 AM, Muggles wrote:
So, if I use AdBlocker with firefox, do I also need any of these other
ones?

Ghostery and PrivacyBadger are more about blocking trackers than ads. I
also run NoScript but that can be a pain in the butt. It is interesting
to see all the **** most webpages load these days. Gotta have Facebook,
Twitter, a bunch of analytics, this, that, and some other thing to
display a 2 paragraph 'news' story.

yeah, those tracker ads have become like big brother!

You should come back to Facebook. It's great fun! ;-)

(And MUCH safer than Usenet!!!!!)

--
David B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 4:02 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

The Gannet rag really irritates me as access is paid when I subscribe to
the paper. I sent them a complaint and they responded that I had to
live with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2017 4:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Firefox has an ap that syncs with multiple devices. My crappy Android
tablet apparently does not like it and closes it down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2017 1:44 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I still have a laptop that is XP and it works just fine. Guess it's just
kind of a back-up for my photos and old files I want to save... some
games, too. I also have a tablet that I use just for games. Still trying
to teach myself the finer points of chess, and like to study the
strategy of backgammon, too. It's kind of fun to play against the
computer because each level has it's own computer strategy that it's
programmed to use, but it only has 5 levels of difficulty!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2017 6:01 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

I just leave any sight that objects to my ad blocker.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 6:03:52 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
[...]

That's the reason I like to experiment with different web browsers. I have a 7" Amazon Fire tablet that I only use to watch Amazon Prime videos when I'm on the toilet dropping a load of readymix. I used to have a novel or newspaper with me when I had to visit the throne room. Technology has changed everything. I have a 10.1" Android tablet that I rarely use and I should really play with it more so I can learn all the nuances of the Android OS. I don't have a smartass phone or any modern working Apple product. If I were to get a smartass phone it would be an Android phone but since I had cataract surgery I need 4X reading glasses to see the screen on one of those evil devices. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Evil Monster

New 6" wire wheels Steve W.[_4_] Metalworking 9 June 22nd 15 07:59 PM
3-4" grinding wheels [email protected] UK diy 14 May 13th 09 01:24 PM
9" Buffing Wheels M-Powell Woodturning 6 October 22nd 06 12:26 AM
M14-2 right angle grinder arbor. Where to get wheels 7"-9" Lyndell Thompson Metalworking 18 May 14th 06 02:40 PM
Ladder standoff, wheels or no wheels? Josey UK diy 10 September 2nd 04 11:05 AM