Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why 20" wheels

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 10:34:08 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/15/2017 3:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 10:59:43 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/15/2017 6:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11:03:12 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 5/13/2017 3:04 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm using the Slimjet browser on this tiny Win 10 stick computer

What is a stick computer?

and Slimjet has built-in ad blocking plus I have the AdBlock, Privacy
Badger and Ghostery extensions installed. When you mentioned scripts

I've heard of Adblock because I use it on my browser, but Slimjet is new
to me, and so is Privacy Badger. Seems like I've heard of Ghostery,
once upon a time, but can't remember where.
--
Maggie

Here are links. The tiny computer is a bit limited but I like it for what it can do. I have the optional multimedia remote which works well but the buttons are so small I must switch to my 4X reading glasses to see them.. I have an older full sized Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse I use instead of the multimedia remote. Privacy Badger is a product of The Electronic Frontier Foundation which leans Liberal but the members have the right ideas about privacy and everyone should read their stuff. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...00/c/Stick-300

http://www.slimjet.com/

https://www.eff.org/

https://ssd.eff.org/

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

https://www.ghostery.com/

https://getadblock.com/

https://poperblocker.com/

[8~{} Uncle Private Monster

So, if I use AdBlocker with firefox, do I also need any of these other ones?
--
Maggie

I haven't tried them with Firefox but you should give the Slimjet browser a try. It's based on Chrome so the same extensions work. When I change any settings or extensions in Slimjet on this tiny Win 10 stick, it all shows up on my Win 7 laptop running Slimjet. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Slim Monster

I was looking at the Slimjet browser. What do you like about it vs.
Firefox?
--
Maggie

I have 6 different web browsers installed on this little stick computer including Edge and IE11 which came with the Windows10 OS. If something doesn't work with Slimjet, I'll copy the address and try it in another browser. I stick with Slimjet most of the time using a proxy. Right now, the proxy shows me to be in Fairfax County, Virginia even though I'm in Birmingham, Alabamastan. I should really use a different proxy every day to confuse my enemas. The only problem with using a proxy is that the bank, Amazon and sometimes my Email services will issue a security alert to indicate possible hacking. I have a Win7 laptop that stays a virgin and is only used for online banking, bill paying, medical related information and business. I help Stinky with his business and I won't take any chances with the laptop getting infected with malware. I also use Slimjet on the laptop. This little stick computer is the "Play" machine while the laptop is the "Work" machine. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Play Monster