Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message
The Upscale entity posted thusly:

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Must be very cold up there. eh? Can't think straight Canuck?

Are you under the misapprehension that 'Canuck' is an insult. I know

No, I'm not under that apprehension. I took the "can't think straight"
comment in conjunction with a being a Canadian as the insult. The word
Canuck by itself gives me no insult at all.

he meant it as such, but it's about as insulting to a Canadian as
'American' is to him.

How do you know that being called a Canuck is not as insulting? Have you
lived in Canada? Considering that the spamslam.com you're using is located
in Texas, I'd have to assume that you're not a Canadian. (I was going to say
you're an American, but you've just informed me that it might be taken as an
insult). Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why being
called in American might be insulting. The only way I can envision that is
if it's used in the context of an insulting sentence.

Posted to rec.woodworking

C'mon guys. This thread is losing steam. MORE! MORE! MORE!

It was just getting good! In just 3 -4 posts (depending on how you
count) it has gone from saws to profanity, insulting the OP, plonking,
****ing on the US about our citizenry, sarcasm (although pretty weak
here), lots of bad grammar, spelling and vocabulary lessons, etc.

I think this sombitch should get at least to 100 posts or so before you
can be proud of it.

I am falling out of my chair with laughter at how fast this one went
astray from the innocent, wide eyed noob's post of "have you seen
this?" That will teach him to ask a question where he's not wanted!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:

Amazing, the almost religious zeal associated with this - it's as bad

as the neo-con vs liberal conflagration. Oops - did I say that...

Oh yeah... now the big stuff comes out.

Let 'em have it boys!

*PLONk* *KILLFILE* *SILENT PLONK!* *FLAME ON!*

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/26/2006 10:59 PM Unquestionably Confused mumbled something about
the following:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Leon
wrote:

So the tech would not be as good if it was mandated?

"Mandated" is not a word.

Mandate is a noun. Nouns do not have tenses.

What are you trying to say?

I think he's trying to say that it's required. Abd perhaps that he's
one of those individuals who doesn't like government telling him how to
live his life - at least that aspect of his life that concerns primarily
his own well-being.

I don't know what dictionary you checked but you have to check beyond
the main word entry...

man·date (măn'dÄ?t')
n.
An authoritative command or instruction.
A command or an authorization given by a political electorate to its
representative.

A commission from the League of Nations authorizing a member nation to
administer a territory.
A region under such administration.
Law.
An order issued by a superior court or an official to a lower court.
A contract by which one party agrees to perform services for another
without payment.
tr.v., -dat·ed, -dat·ing, -dates.
To assign (a colony or territory) to a specified nation under a mandate.
To make mandatory, as by law; decree or requi mandated desegregation
of public schools.

The above was off the internet. Just to be sure, I checked Webster's
New World Dictionary and they also list it as a transitive verb.

Then again, your main point is well taken. Akin to cutting off one's
nose to spite their face. I'm not aware of any law being broken in
attempting to create a market for one's product through legislation -
especially in matters of safety.

If anyone doubts this, simply look back at things like, oh, seatbelts,
motorcycle helmets, etc. Which came first? The product or the mandated
usage thereof?

You might want to try again here. Sawstop wanted to mandate that THEIR
technology would be in all saws. There is no single company that makes
seatbelts or motorcycles helmets, etc, that mandates their product be
used. Seatbelts and helmets were around a long time before they were
forced on consumers, and helmets still aren't universally forced on
motorcycle riders.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Upscale" wrote in message

insult). Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why

being
called in American might be insulting.

Believe it or not, in at least one part of America when I was a kid, it was,
in the sense that you were an outsider ... and may still be.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne

In article , Leon
wrote:

So the tech would not be as good if it was mandated?

"Mandated" is not a word.

Mandate is a noun. Nouns do not have tenses.

It's also a verb.

mandate (mæn'deIt), v. [f. L. manda¯t-, ppl. stem of manda¯re to enjoin,
command.]

1 trans. To command. Obs. rare-0.

2 To commit (one's sermon) to memory. Sc.

3 To assign (territory) under a mandate of the League of Nations. Cf.
mandate sb. 4 b. So man'dated ppl. a.

4 To give a mandate to, to delegate authority to (a representative,
group, organization, etc.). Freq. as man'dated ppl. a., permitted to act
on behalf of a group, etc., approved by means of a mandate.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Must be very cold up there. eh? Can't think straight Canuck?

How do you know that being called a Canuck is not as insulting? Have you
lived in Canada?

I've lived in Canada for a little while. As of tomorrow, it'll be
about 62 years. I think I am well qualified to judge the insult
content of 'Canuck'.

Considering that the spamslam.com you're using is located
in Texas, I'd have to assume that you're not a Canadian. (I was going to say
you're an American, but you've just informed me that it might be taken as an
insult).

I didn't know there was a 'spamslam', or I would not have used it in
my address. I'll change it.

No, I did not inform you that American might be taken as an insult. I
said that 'Canuck' is as insulting to me as 'American' is insulting to
you. I did make the assumption that 'American' is not insulting to you
at all.

Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why being
called in American might be insulting. The only way I can envision that is
if it's used in the context of an insulting sentence.

Well, that words, isn't it? You can use any word in a deprecating
manner. That's why we keep having to change what we call people to
keep ahead of the PC (no, not Porter Cable) Police.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The Doug Payne entity posted thusly:

It's also a verb.

mandate (mæn'deIt), v. [f. L. manda¯t-, ppl. stem of manda¯re to enjoin,
command.]

And of course, this being Usenet, one might also point out that any
noun can be verbed, and any verb can be nouned.

Forte Agent complained about 'verbed', I'm adding it to it's
dictionary'. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Upscale" wrote in message

insult). Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why

being
called in American might be insulting.

Believe it or not, in at least one part of America when I was a kid, it
was,
in the sense that you were an outsider ... and may still be.

Are Texans considered Americans by the rest of the country or are they just
Texans? :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Upscale" wrote:

Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why being
called in American might be insulting. The only way I can envision that is
if it's used in the context of an insulting sentence.

Can I have some examples, please?
..
..
..
Just kidding.
But I tell, ya.. I'm am sooo sick and ****ing tired of the
American/Canadian insults.
I have friends and siblings on both sides of the border.. to me, there
is no border.
The only border to me is the one that costs me money when I try to bring
in spare parts to fix my car. THAT border ****es me off.

Oh.. in case I forget... the unique aspect of Americans AND Canadians is
that we both have out fair share of assholes amongst us. Probably the
same relative percentage of the population... with the possible
exemption of small pockets around the Washington DC and Ottawa areas.

Yup.. there's assholes amongst us.. I know... I can be one sometimes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne

On 27/02/2006 9:50 AM, Oleg Lego wrote:
The Doug Payne entity posted thusly:

It's also a verb.

mandate (mæn'deIt), v. [f. L. manda¯t-, ppl. stem of manda¯re to enjoin,
command.]

And of course, this being Usenet, one might also point out that any
noun can be verbed, and any verb can be nouned.

Forte Agent complained about 'verbed', I'm adding it to it's
dictionary'. :-)

I think that's "verbized" and nounized", isn't it? :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
henry wrote:

Swearing, name
calling, and politics etc need to be eliminated somehow.

You could always start a moderated group...

--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.
Posted to rec.woodworking

henry wrote:

Do I need to research a topic before throwing it out to
this group to see if it had been talked about last year? Swearing, name

calling, and politics etc need to be eliminated somehow. The
woodturning group and others that I've seen dont have this stuff going
on.

You should. If the right guys get to the message first, you will be OK
with your questions. If some of the regulars that consider this their
personal forum get to you first you will bet blasted with sarcasm, and
made to be felt like an idiot. They talk to people in mean, arrogant
way that would certainly get them bitch slapped silly if they did it to
another man in person. But internet anonyminity makes everyone here
pretty courageous.

There are a lot of talented people here, professional and hobby guys,
and most of them only lurk since the current tone of the group is as
you see can be dicey. It comes and goes. But the more it changes, the
more it stays the same. After a while, some go away, some new folks
come on board. The group seems a little nastier than usual now,
though.

But some leave with great fanfare, have an online pity party on their
own behalf right here, and lament the unfairness of how they are
treated for being a fountain of knowledge. It is hilarious. Those
wackers never stay gone for more than a month or so as no one else
wants listen to their baloney in person. So they bravely come back,
like watching Oprah, they decided to bravely try again to get share
their knowledge and experience and "not let the *******s get them
down". These are guys that just love too much, I guess.

While there are a lot of really nice folks here that are really helpful
(Mike Marlow just spent some great effort to help me with paint
spraying) the highest and best use of this group is now and probably
will always be the archives.

If you spend any time here at all, you will notice that by far and away
the longest threads with most participation are the most negative,
petty, and venal of the postings. Searching the archives make this
really easy to get around.

If you have a real time question to ask you should be ready for
anything, as you see on this thread. I would encourage you to ask
away, but be ready for the snotty sarcasm from those a little that have
that tiny fragment of information that they think makes them a genius.

I would encourage you to go to a moderated forum if you don't like the
wide open format here, as the kids indeed do play nicer because Dad (or
Mom) will blank the sarcastic, ugly, profane or off topic responses.
You can try woodweb, woodcentral, and a few others out there for a
forum atmosphere, but this is a public forum so "it is what it is".

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
wrote:

But internet anonyminity makes everyone here
pretty courageous.

Including you...

Some of us actually post under our real names, BTW.

--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Umm This has been discussed time and time again in the last 3 or so years.

The general consensus is that most every one here would rather not buy the
saw for personal reasons. About 10% here think it is a great idea also.

I daresay it more like ony about 10% think it is NOT a great idea.

The personal reasons why we haven't all bought one include price,
objections to the 'marketing method' described elswhere in this
thread, and concern about false positives, e.g. tripping when not
necessary. If it were cheap, works as advertized (which it may)
and was available from a variety of vendors there would be no
rational objections ot it, so only the irrational would object to
having one.

The 10% who do NOT think it is a good idea are probably the same
guys who think fuses and circuit breakers are a bad idea and
probably save old bronze pennies to use in theirs.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

Are Texans considered Americans by the rest of the country or are they

just
Texans? :~)

Actually, it was in Louisiana ... back in the swamps, if you didn't look
like you belonged, or speak French, you were "American", not Acadian. Many
times, when I was out fishing or hunting and came up on one of those tar
paper shacks, I heard the occupants say, in French, "Here comes an
American".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne

On 27/02/2006 1:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

[...] when I was out fishing or hunting and came up on one of those tar
paper shacks, I heard the occupants say, in French, "Here comes an
American".

Sounds like some places in Quebec;
just substitute Canadian for American :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jane & David

In article .com,
"henry" wrote:

The saw is a very interesting concept and I would consider it amongst
others if I were in the market for a new saw. Thank you for bringing it
up. Good for the company trying to increase there market share. Good
for the government not mandating the use. Being a new number of this
group I cant say that I am impressed. For the original author of this
tread to be blamed because the topic had allready been discussed is
poor at best. Do I need to research a topic before throwing it out to
this group to see if it had been talked about last year? Swearing, name
calling, and politics etc need to be eliminated somehow. The
woodturning group and others that I've seen dont have this stuff going
on. Is it because there list Mom throws them off? Maybe. Is there a
woodworking group that talks woodworking without trying to one up each
other? Please tell me so I can switch groups. Granted that its a small
amount of imature people that I question, but to have a higher level of
discussion the garbage needs to go. Is there a way to set rules and
abide by them? Happy woodworking to all.

I'm afraid you can forget about getting rid of the garbage. I've been
mostly lurking here for several years, and in spite of the garbage,
there are some really helpful and knowledgeable people here. This is a
pretty good place, you just have to learn to watch where you step.

PDX David
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Okay, I watched the video and all I could say was "WOW!". This saw is
probably fairly expensive. Besides, I have a nice one and am always
very careful.

http://www.sawstop.com/how-it-works-videos.htm

But it only takes one mistake to lose a finger. Click on the link and
watch the videos linked on the site. It's amazing. I have to ask - is
this for real or is this some kind of high tech joke?

Has anyone else seen this machine before?

Oh, gee, no, nobody has ever discussed that machine here before

:-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Jane & David" wrote in message

I'm afraid you can forget about getting rid of the garbage. I've been
mostly lurking here for several years, and in spite of the garbage,
there are some really helpful and knowledgeable people here. This is a
pretty good place, you just have to learn to watch where you step.

Sounds like any standard barnyard. Who says life has changed?

Posted to rec.woodworking
ATP*

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..
Okay, I watched the video and all I could say was "WOW!". This saw is
probably fairly expensive. Besides, I have a nice one and am always very
careful.

http://www.sawstop.com/how-it-works-videos.htm

But it only takes one mistake to lose a finger. Click on the link and
watch the videos linked on the site. It's amazing. I have to ask - is
this for real or is this some kind of high tech joke?

Has anyone else seen this machine before?

Jack

That saw would be great for interrogations....

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Carlson

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:04:21 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

Further reason to not patronize the company is the fact that in their
desperation to recover the development costs for their failed product
they are attempting to get the government to require manufacturers to
license and incorporate their technology in new saws.

Any law against that? I believe that is called ummmm Capitolism.

I guess I've had it wrong all these years. I always thought capitalism had
something to do with building a superior product so the public would freely
choose to buy it, not with lobbying the government to force people to buy
something that they didn't want.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com
-- jc
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

John Carlson wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:04:21 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

Further reason to not patronize the company is the fact that in their
desperation to recover the development costs for their failed product
they are attempting to get the government to require manufacturers to
license and incorporate their technology in new saws.

Any law against that? I believe that is called ummmm Capitolism.

I guess I've had it wrong all these years. I always thought capitalism had
something to do with building a superior product so the public would freely
choose to buy it, not with lobbying the government to force people to buy
something that they didn't want.

Well, I guess I've been wrong all these years as well. I always
thought capitalism had something to do with the private ownership of
the means of production. Frequently associated with, but not
synonymous with, free markets.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Down at the sausage factory we no longer make links, but extrude one huge
sausage and cut it to length on the table saw. Production was up and we
made a lot of money so we bought some new saws from a company called Saw
Stop. Looked like a good product, but we've been having a lot of failures
every time we cut a sausage. What are we doing wrong?

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Down at the sausage factory we no longer make links, but extrude one huge
sausage and cut it to length on the table saw. Production was up and we
made a lot of money so we bought some new saws from a company called Saw
Stop. Looked like a good product, but we've been having a lot of failures
every time we cut a sausage. What are we doing wrong?

Cook ALL the moisture out of them before cutting them and see if that
helps. (You might have to look in the Business to Business phone book to
find an oven long enough to hold their entire length...nothing comes
easily...) g

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote:

Further reason to not patronize the company is the fact that in their
desperation to recover the development costs for their failed product
they are attempting to get the government to require manufacturers to
license and incorporate their technology in new saws.

Any law against that? I believe that is called ummmm Capitolism.

I guess I've had it wrong all these years. I always thought capitalism
had
something to do with building a superior product so the public would
freely
choose to buy it, not with lobbying the government to force people to buy
something that they didn't want.

Well yes you have . LOL I'm guessing for at least the last 40+ years
government involvement has helped Capitalism thrive. Superior product???
Please.... The American car manufacturing industry persuaded government
into charging high import taxes so that their competition would have to sell
at higher prices. The Capitalism that you are thinking about has not quite
been like you recall for many many years. In one way, shape , or form many
large companies have received help from the government to make us pay more
and pay for things that we do not necessarily want. How about mandatory
auto insurance in many states if not all. Why do you think government
positions are so darn appealing to all the corrupt individuals that run for
office? Why does a man spend millions upon millions of dollars on his
campaign when the salary return is a fraction of what he paid to get into
office, and yet he ends up with more money than he started with? How about
Digital TV? Every one that wants to watch free TV will one day soon have to
have a Digital Tuner or a TV with a Digital Tuner as analog is fazed out in
the next few years. How about that stock market. What quality product is
being sold there? SawStop is just one more company legally enjoying
Capitalism in the U.S.
I agree that it would be nice if Capitalism existed with out government
involvement as you stated but it simply does not exist that way in these
times.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

Down at the sausage factory we no longer make links, but extrude one huge
sausage and cut it to length on the table saw. Production was up and we
made a lot of money so we bought some new saws from a company called Saw
Stop. Looked like a good product, but we've been having a lot of failures
every time we cut a sausage. What are we doing wrong?

Ok, you just made that up.....!!! ;~). the Saw Stop only works on
wieners.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
ps.com...

I daresay it more like ony about 10% think it is NOT a great idea.

I would like to think that... I have always thought it was a good idea but
typically the flavor is not for the SawStop. Initailly because it would
incourage carlessness. I never quite understood that reasoning. Personaly
I would never trust my fingers near a spinning saw blade even knowing that
there was better than a 99.99% chance that it would stop and not badly harm
me.

The personal reasons why we haven't all bought one include price,
objections to the 'marketing method' described elswhere in this
thread, and concern about false positives, e.g. tripping when not
necessary.

BUT...We still probably own and will continue to purchase American built
products won't we? Do we own American cars? For many years American cars
were expensive compared to many better built imports. American Marketing,
how about the High import taxes imposed on all imported automobiles so that
the American car builders would not have to lower their prices. American
built cars do not have that tax. False positives? Have we ever had a check
engine light come on and the dealer found nothing wrong and we still had to
pay a diagnostics charge? The problems that SawStop may be having with
some of their saws and their methods of bringing their product to market is
nothing new to many American manufacturing companies.

If it were cheap, works as advertized (which it may)
and was available from a variety of vendors there would be no
rational objections ot it, so only the irrational would object to
having one.

I cannot agree more. Its too bad that when SawStop initially approached
other manufacturers that the product was turned down.

The 10% who do NOT think it is a good idea are probably the same
guys who think fuses and circuit breakers are a bad idea and
probably save old bronze pennies to use in theirs.

Well I would not go so far as to say that but I suppose you are correct.
There are those that truly believe that an accident cannot happen to them
because they know every thing there is to know about saw safety and they
enforce those safety rules 24/7. I would certainly like to believe that
only 10% are against the SawStop because if SawStop continues to thrive the
other manufacturers will most certainly have to get on the band wagon to
satisfy the remaining 90% of us. Most likely with more manufacturers
offering this type safety feature the price of this technology will come
down.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"ATP*" wrote in message

That saw would be great for interrogations....

ROTFLMAO...... Cover up the name on the saw so that the person being
interrogated would not know that he was safe. It would also satisfy all the
people that have concerns for the safety of people that break the law.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"John Carlson" wrote in message

I guess I've had it wrong all these years. I always thought capitalism

had
something to do with building a superior product so the public would

freely
choose to buy it, not with lobbying the government to force people to buy
something that they didn't want.

That's capitalism with a conscience. True capitalism is every person for
themselves.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Leon" wrote in message

ROTFLMAO...... Cover up the name on the saw so that the person being
interrogated would not know that he was safe. It would also satisfy all

the
people that have concerns for the safety of people that break the law.

That would make a great comedy cop movie. And just to add to the mix in the
movie, have the Sawstop malfunction the one time the cop shoves the
screaming crook's finger into it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Leon" wrote in message
only 10% are against the SawStop because if SawStop continues to thrive

the
other manufacturers will most certainly have to get on the band wagon to
satisfy the remaining 90% of us. Most likely with more manufacturers
offering this type safety feature the price of this technology will come
down.

I don't believe that. There's always that segment of the population who are
going to be driven solely by cost. Just like chiwanese products that are
flooding North America, there would always be a market for a non sawstop
table saw. However, it would be nice if the price of the technology would
come down. I'm counting on that process to happen a little bit more before I
buy my first flat panel computer monitor and first 60" flat screen TV.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

ROTFLMAO...... Cover up the name on the saw so that the person being
interrogated would not know that he was safe. It would also satisfy all

the
people that have concerns for the safety of people that break the law.

That would make a great comedy cop movie. And just to add to the mix in
the
movie, have the Sawstop malfunction the one time the cop shoves the
screaming crook's finger into it.

Sounds ripe for Saturday Night Live, right along side reruns of the old
spoof of the DieHard battery commercial. Old people using DieHard
batteries to power their pace makers standing in a foggy field in the dark.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone informed:

wrote:
But internet anonyminity makes everyone here
pretty courageous.

Including you...

Some of us actually post under our real names, BTW.

Well, ****. I please call my sainted Mother and ask her why she has
been calling me Robert for the last 50 years. According to my Dad,
naming me that was her idea, so she probably knows the truth.

Now help me out here. WTF should I tell my Mom (if she isn't behind
this) when I tell her Robert isn't my real name? Should I stop putting
it at the end of every post?

ROBERT

(for those reading impaired)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article . com,
wrote:

ROBERT

(for those reading impaired)

Yeah, right. What's your last name?

--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa
Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Ketchum

"Upscale" wrote in message

I don't believe that. There's always that segment of the population who
are
going to be driven solely by cost. Just like chiwanese products that are
flooding North America, there would always be a market for a non sawstop
table saw. However, it would be nice if the price of the technology would
come down. I'm counting on that process to happen a little bit more before
buy my first flat panel computer monitor and first 60" flat screen TV.

If all the major manufacturers offered the saw stop as an option, I am
curious at where the median price for the option would have to be set. You
know, at what price would about half of purchasers opt for the option and
about half opt not to get it.

$50, $100, $200, $500, $1000?

It seems right now that they are charging around $4000 for the saw when you
can buy a unisaur for around $1800 so the saw stop option basically is over
$2000 right now. It seems like this is sawstop's main problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Ketchum

"ATP*" wrote in message

That saw would be great for interrogations....

And we have already seen sawstop's demo of a wiener slowly moving into the
blade. Sort of inspires all kinds of horrifying techniques.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Frank Ketchum" wrote in message

It seems right now that they are charging around $4000 for the saw when

you
can buy a unisaur for around $1800 so the saw stop option basically is

over
$2000 right now. It seems like this is sawstop's main problem.

Well, taking into account from Sawstop's desire to make a profit, I'd be
interested to know what expense their added technology costs when applied to
a tablesaw. It's almost a given that they are following the same rule that
the drug companies use. Charge to recoup their reseach costs and charge
because no one else has it. I guess all those questions will be answered a
few years after the patent runs out and we see if and how many other
companies adopt sawstop type technology. (That's assuming during the years
leading up that point that the sawstop is still a viable technology)

HOME MADE TABLE SAW FINGER JOINT JIG J T Woodworking 5 June 17th 13 06:49 AM
Table Saw Safety Locutus Woodworking 32 February 16th 06 01:19 AM
Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG) Greg G. Woodworking 40 November 5th 05 11:03 PM
Slicking Up the TS Table (and a bit of gloat) [email protected] Woodworking 7 April 19th 05 07:49 PM
Ping Pong Table [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 24th 04 09:26 PM