Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"John Carlson" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:04:21 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Further reason to not patronize the company is the fact that in their
desperation to recover the development costs for their failed product
they are attempting to get the government to require manufacturers to
license and incorporate their technology in new saws.

Any law against that? I believe that is called ummmm Capitolism.

I guess I've had it wrong all these years. I always thought capitalism
had
something to do with building a superior product so the public would
freely
choose to buy it, not with lobbying the government to force people to buy
something that they didn't want.

Well yes you have . LOL I'm guessing for at least the last 40+ years
government involvement has helped Capitalism thrive. Superior product???
Please.... The American car manufacturing industry persuaded government
into charging high import taxes so that their competition would have to sell
at higher prices. The Capitalism that you are thinking about has not quite
been like you recall for many many years. In one way, shape , or form many
large companies have received help from the government to make us pay more
and pay for things that we do not necessarily want. How about mandatory
auto insurance in many states if not all. Why do you think government
positions are so darn appealing to all the corrupt individuals that run for
office? Why does a man spend millions upon millions of dollars on his
campaign when the salary return is a fraction of what he paid to get into
office, and yet he ends up with more money than he started with? How about
Digital TV? Every one that wants to watch free TV will one day soon have to
have a Digital Tuner or a TV with a Digital Tuner as analog is fazed out in
the next few years. How about that stock market. What quality product is
being sold there? SawStop is just one more company legally enjoying
Capitalism in the U.S.
I agree that it would be nice if Capitalism existed with out government
involvement as you stated but it simply does not exist that way in these
times.