Posted to rec.woodworking
Jane & David

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

In article .com,
"henry" wrote:

The saw is a very interesting concept and I would consider it amongst
others if I were in the market for a new saw. Thank you for bringing it
up. Good for the company trying to increase there market share. Good
for the government not mandating the use. Being a new number of this
group I cant say that I am impressed. For the original author of this
tread to be blamed because the topic had allready been discussed is
poor at best. Do I need to research a topic before throwing it out to
this group to see if it had been talked about last year? Swearing, name
calling, and politics etc need to be eliminated somehow. The
woodturning group and others that I've seen dont have this stuff going
on. Is it because there list Mom throws them off? Maybe. Is there a
woodworking group that talks woodworking without trying to one up each
other? Please tell me so I can switch groups. Granted that its a small
amount of imature people that I question, but to have a higher level of
discussion the garbage needs to go. Is there a way to set rules and
abide by them? Happy woodworking to all.

I'm afraid you can forget about getting rid of the garbage. I've been
mostly lurking here for several years, and in spite of the garbage,
there are some really helpful and knowledgeable people here. This is a
pretty good place, you just have to learn to watch where you step.

PDX David