Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Ketchum

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Upscale" wrote in message

I don't believe that. There's always that segment of the population who
are
going to be driven solely by cost. Just like chiwanese products that are
flooding North America, there would always be a market for a non sawstop
table saw. However, it would be nice if the price of the technology would
come down. I'm counting on that process to happen a little bit more before
buy my first flat panel computer monitor and first 60" flat screen TV.

If all the major manufacturers offered the saw stop as an option, I am
curious at where the median price for the option would have to be set. You
know, at what price would about half of purchasers opt for the option and
about half opt not to get it.

$50, $100, $200, $500, $1000?

It seems right now that they are charging around $4000 for the saw when you
can buy a unisaur for around $1800 so the saw stop option basically is over
$2000 right now. It seems like this is sawstop's main problem.