Posted to rec.woodworking

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

Leon wrote:
Umm This has been discussed time and time again in the last 3 or so years.

The general consensus is that most every one here would rather not buy the
saw for personal reasons. About 10% here think it is a great idea also.

I daresay it more like ony about 10% think it is NOT a great idea.

The personal reasons why we haven't all bought one include price,
objections to the 'marketing method' described elswhere in this
thread, and concern about false positives, e.g. tripping when not
necessary. If it were cheap, works as advertized (which it may)
and was available from a variety of vendors there would be no
rational objections ot it, so only the irrational would object to
having one.

The 10% who do NOT think it is a good idea are probably the same
guys who think fuses and circuit breakers are a bad idea and
probably save old bronze pennies to use in theirs.

--

FF