Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Leon" wrote in message
only 10% are against the SawStop because if SawStop continues to thrive

the
other manufacturers will most certainly have to get on the band wagon to
satisfy the remaining 90% of us. Most likely with more manufacturers
offering this type safety feature the price of this technology will come
down.

I don't believe that. There's always that segment of the population who are
going to be driven solely by cost. Just like chiwanese products that are
flooding North America, there would always be a market for a non sawstop
table saw. However, it would be nice if the price of the technology would
come down. I'm counting on that process to happen a little bit more before I
buy my first flat panel computer monitor and first 60" flat screen TV.