Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

Robatoy (in )
said:

| In article ,
| "Upscale" wrote:
|
|| Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why being
|| called in American might be insulting. The only way I can envision
|| that is if it's used in the context of an insulting sentence.
|
| Can I have some examples, please?

Insults, like compliments, are largely a matter of receiving 'em that
way.

One of my bright memories - sorry if I'm repeating an already told
story - was being asked in Paris if I was Canadian. I took it as a
compliment - and was proud to identify myself as an American.

The response was a happy smile that I chalk up to relief that such
terrible French wasn't coming from a Quebecois. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar