Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

John Carlson wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:04:21 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

Further reason to not patronize the company is the fact that in their
desperation to recover the development costs for their failed product
they are attempting to get the government to require manufacturers to
license and incorporate their technology in new saws.

Any law against that? I believe that is called ummmm Capitolism.

I guess I've had it wrong all these years. I always thought capitalism had
something to do with building a superior product so the public would freely
choose to buy it, not with lobbying the government to force people to buy
something that they didn't want.

Well, I guess I've been wrong all these years as well. I always
thought capitalism had something to do with the private ownership of
the means of production. Frequently associated with, but not
synonymous with, free markets.