Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

The Upscale entity posted thusly:

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message
The Upscale entity posted thusly:

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Must be very cold up there. eh? Can't think straight Canuck?

How do you know that being called a Canuck is not as insulting? Have you
lived in Canada?

I've lived in Canada for a little while. As of tomorrow, it'll be
about 62 years. I think I am well qualified to judge the insult
content of 'Canuck'.

Considering that the spamslam.com you're using is located
in Texas, I'd have to assume that you're not a Canadian. (I was going to say
you're an American, but you've just informed me that it might be taken as an
insult).

I didn't know there was a 'spamslam', or I would not have used it in
my address. I'll change it.

No, I did not inform you that American might be taken as an insult. I
said that 'Canuck' is as insulting to me as 'American' is insulting to
you. I did make the assumption that 'American' is not insulting to you
at all.

Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why being
called in American might be insulting. The only way I can envision that is
if it's used in the context of an insulting sentence.

Well, that words, isn't it? You can use any word in a deprecating
manner. That's why we keep having to change what we call people to
keep ahead of the PC (no, not Porter Cable) Police.

Larry