Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message
The Upscale entity posted thusly:

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Must be very cold up there. eh? Can't think straight Canuck?

Are you under the misapprehension that 'Canuck' is an insult. I know

No, I'm not under that apprehension. I took the "can't think straight"
comment in conjunction with a being a Canadian as the insult. The word
Canuck by itself gives me no insult at all.

he meant it as such, but it's about as insulting to a Canadian as
'American' is to him.

How do you know that being called a Canuck is not as insulting? Have you
lived in Canada? Considering that the spamslam.com you're using is located
in Texas, I'd have to assume that you're not a Canadian. (I was going to say
you're an American, but you've just informed me that it might be taken as an
insult). Of course, now you're going to have to enlighten me as to why being
called in American might be insulting. The only way I can envision that is
if it's used in the context of an insulting sentence.