Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

I returned yesterday from Furteventura. The queue to merely drop off luggage
for the Ryanair Flight was really annoying. It took me 90 minutes to get the
the front of the queue. We then had to run to the gate and had no time for a
drink in the Departures area. The issue seemed to be that some passengers
had baggage or documentation problems to argue about.
My suggestion is simple - for all airlines / handling agents / airports. If
the transaction cannot be completed within (say) one minute then the
passenger is sent to the back of the queue.
Baggage Drop Off should only take seconds. It is only a case of dropping bag
onto conveyor - showing document and passport. 1minute is ample time. Anyone
with an expected complication should first go to the appropriate airline
enquiry desk.
What do you think? It really is frustrating standing in the queue whilst
people re-pack their luggage as they didn't comply with their contract
conditions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBoy wrote:
My suggestion is simple - for all airlines / handling agents / airports.
If the transaction cannot be completed within (say) one minute then the
passenger is sent to the back of the queue.

As it was Ryanair, I'm surprised they don't already charge you £5/minute
for luggage consultation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 27, 8:27*am, "DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:
[...]

Huh. You get people bringing on stuff that should be in the hold as
"hand luggage" (To avoid waiting at the other end and charges with the
cheapies.)

I have got on (long haul) flights and found my luggage locker above my
seat full with other people's stuff. So I can't even fit my legitimate
stuff in.

I have a cure, I just pull it out and throw it on the deck and put
mine in. Does cause a row sometimes.

So you need to be glad your airline is sorting these ****s out.
KLM was the worst for not enforcing baggage rules.
Lufthansa was the best. If your bag didn't go through a hoop, it went
in the hold.
Never been with Ryanair. Full of chavs I suppose.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

When I flew with Virgin Atlantic a few times ago, when all the security was
really high again, they were checking the sizes of carry-ons actually on the
jetway, just prior to the aircraft door. Any that didn't fit were taken off
the people there and then, to go in the hold. I liked that, because it's one
of my pet hates as well, and I too have moved people's 'hand' luggage out of
'my' overhead locker. Trouble is these days, you can't afford to get into
any altercation with other passengers, or especially cabin staff, and
particularly on trans-atlantic flights, otherwise you are likely to finish
up being branded an air rage merchant, and have the police waiting for you
at the other end ...

Next time I flew with them, it was of course back to normal. Hand luggage
big enough to fit a child in, plus a handbag, plus a laptop, and no-one from
Virgin taking a blind bit of notice, despite the size-checking fixtures at
the check-in desks, and the dire warnings about oversized cabin baggage.
From what I've seen though, if you think the situation is bad here, try an
internal flight in the U.S. You wouldn't believe the sizes of suitcase that
they get on with, and manage to ram into overhead lockers !

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBoy wrote:
[...]

You're obviously a seasoned flyer but some people aren't. If, like me,
you've never flown anywhere in your life, it's not surprising that some
people make mistakes in a first-time, never before been known, situation. I
thought that you had to be at the airport at least two hours before
departure? Did you not get there early enough? Your attitude smacks of being
an arrogant scrote who has not time for others; my way or the highway sort.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBoy wrote:

[...]

What's really annoying is the wife and I take some pains to comply with
regs, (to the extent of taking my penknife off my keyring!) then some
pillock turns up, as you say, with the argument "but I thought ... " or
"When I fly XYZ Airline it's OK...) when clearly they hadn't either
thought or even read any directions/instructions!

So yes, if there's an issue they shouldn't necessarily be moved to the
back, but should maybe have a separate bag check and moved over away
from those who have proper documentation and bag sizes and can go
through in the 'usual' time.

--
Paul - xxx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
harry writes

Huh. You get people bringing on stuff that should be in the hold as
"hand luggage" (To avoid waiting at the other end and charges with the
cheapies.)

I have got on (long haul) flights and found my luggage locker above my
seat full with other people's stuff. So I can't even fit my legitimate
stuff in.

I have a cure, I just pull it out and throw it on the deck and put
mine in. Does cause a row sometimes.

I'm not surprised, you sound like a right dick, "my luggage locker" ?,
do you expect the space on the road near your house to be left for
'your' parking too?
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 08:27, DerbyBoy wrote:
[...]

I've not often come across problems at the drop-off point, but my
recollection is that BA send anyone who can't simply drop and go to the
normal check-in desk. Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 10:10, John wrote:
DerbyBoy wrote:
[...]

I would expect anyone flying for the first time to do a bit of research
beforehand. It is not as if the information is not readily available.
Mind you, a lot of the people taking a Ryanair flight from Furventura to
the UK would probably be on at least their second flight.

thought that you had to be at the airport at least two hours before
departure? Did you not get there early enough?

He was returning to the UK. For many people, that means being at the
mercy of a tour operator as to when they get to the airport.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message ...

DerbyBoy wrote:
[...]

Absolutely not the case - I check the weight of my luggage using my bathroom
scales. I measure the size of my hand luggage to ensure it meets the
requirements of the contract. I ensure my passport is valid. Hardly rocket
science. As for being there 2 hours before - this is not always the case.
Note that I said I was in the queue for 90 minutes.

My boarding pass with Ryanair states that the Bag Drop desk closes 40
minutes before the flight departure time and that passengers should be at
the Departure Gate 30 minutes before the flight time.

I am not arrogant - I merely aim to comply and get annoyed when others
assume that they should get way with things such as overweight and oversized
luggage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

If only there were still "a regulation size carry-on bag"! I'm not a
frequent flyer but while waiting in Hong Kong last year I counted 4
different sizes specified by different airlines; and 3 different weight
limits too.
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 13:31, Robin wrote:
Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

If only there were still "a regulation size carry-on bag"! I'm not a
frequent flyer but while waiting in Hong Kong last year I counted 4
different sizes specified by different airlines; and 3 different weight
limits too.

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar wrote in message

On 27/05/2011 10:10, John wrote:
DerbyBoy wrote:
[...]

I think that most Ryanair passengers are NOT with a tour operator. I have no
real gripe about Ryanair and I use them quite a lot for business trip as
they provide a service from my local airport to the European destination
that I need to go to.

My real point is that a minute per passenger group should be adequate. It is
the passengers that cause it to become a problem by either being ignorant or
selfish (stuff the rules - I want to take more luggage). Due to the time I
needed to get my car back to the rental company I was at the airport 2 hours
before the flight and hoped to spend most of that time on the terrace
enjoying a drink in the sun - not in a queue watching people cause delays
for other people.
Non-compliant people should be sent to the back of the queue and not be
allowed to shuffle their overweight baggage at the desk.

Ryanair should be complimented in that they send you an e-mail reminding you
of the essential facts - they can also send you a text message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 10:35, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el , DerbyBoyNo-
escribió:

I returned yesterday from Furteventura. The queue to merely drop off luggage
for the Ryanair Flight was really annoying.

You cheaped out and went with Ryanair*. Stop whinging and deal with it.

* actually, I've flown with them a few times. By the time you factor in
all the additional hidden charges, it's usually not far off the cost of
a flight with a scheduled airline where you get an allocated seat,
shorter queues, a more generous baggage allocation, decent food and
don't get treated like ****.

We (family of five) almost always fly with the bucket-shop flights; to
be honest we just treat it as a game to avoid paying all the surcharges
they dream up. Normally it's perfectly possible to avoid the vast
majority of the charges if you do your research properly and read all
the small print. We have a little set of electronic scales (£3 off
ebay) which travels with us; we always check the baggage size and
allocation rigourously. With Easyjet (no numbered seats) we refuse to
pay for "priority boarding" but by getting near the front of the
boarding queue we never have a problem getting seats together. I
certainly share the OP's frustration with the muppets who insist on
arguing with the check-in staff and repacking their bags at the counter.

Last trip, for once we cocked up and miscounted the baggage allowance
and got stung with a £50 surcharge at the counter - ouch: a lot more
than the airline ticket and probably more than the bag and contents were
even worth. No point arguing; we just paid up.

We regard the trip as a means to an end to get somewhere nice; two or
three hours after leaving home we're at our destination, many hundreds
of pounds better off than if we'd travelled by a more up-market airline.
Except that the reality is that without the availability of such cheap
tickets, we probably wouldn't have travelled at all.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Lobster davidlobs
escribió:

We (family of five) almost always fly with the bucket-shop flights; to
be honest we just treat it as a game to avoid paying all the surcharges
they dream up.

A good way to approach it )

Normally it's perfectly possible to avoid the vast
majority of the charges if you do your research properly and read all
the small print.

indeed.

We have a little set of electronic scales (£3 off
ebay) which travels with us; we always check the baggage size and
allocation rigourously.

I use my bathroom scales before going out and take my chances coming
back. Usually I leave some clothes and books behind.

I have a story though: a friend came to stay with me over Christmas.
When it was time for him to go home, we weighed his case on my bathroom
scales at 14.7kg. At check-in the scales claimed 16.8kg and we settled
in for an argument (futile, I know). As it happened, the belt next to
the one we were at was vacant and I put his bag on it: 14.5kg. But the
dweeb behind the counter wouldn't back down. Either we paid up or he
didn't fly.

I won't go so far as to accuse Ryanair of putting a thumb on the scales
but that was too much of a coincidence for my liking.

With Easyjet (no numbered seats) we refuse to
pay for "priority boarding" but by getting near the front of the
boarding queue we never have a problem getting seats together.

Never had a problem with Easy, I quite like them. I think their market
positioning is more or less "at least we're not Ryanair".

Last trip, for once we cocked up and miscounted the baggage allowance
and got stung with a £50 surcharge at the counter - ouch: a lot more
than the airline ticket and probably more than the bag and contents were
even worth.

Last time I flew Ryan (last month), coming back I was 1kg over the limit
and they stung me with a 20 euro surcharge. Like you, I just shrugged
and paid up. They make the Ts & Cs perfectly clear. If you don't like
it, don't fly with them.

We regard the trip as a means to an end to get somewhere nice; two or
three hours after leaving home we're at our destination, many hundreds
of pounds better off than if we'd travelled by a more up-market airline.

I think, being a family, you can save more. Usually travelling single,
I find that if I compare the total cost of a Ryan booking to another
airline I can come pretty close, especially if I use sites like
skyscanner.net.

Except that the reality is that without the availability of such cheap
tickets, we probably wouldn't have travelled at all.

I wish this so-called global warming would start doing its thing in the
UK, then we wouldn't have to travel at all )

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 16:41, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

I wish this so-called global warming would start doing its thing in the
UK, then we wouldn't have to travel at all )

On the contrary: I'd have to travel *more*, to find ski-able conditions :-)

OTOH, some predictions for 'climate change' include more severe winters,
so throw another tyre on the fire for me.

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 14:04, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 27/05/2011 13:31, Robin wrote:
Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

If only there were still "a regulation size carry-on bag"! I'm not a
frequent flyer but while waiting in Hong Kong last year I counted 4
different sizes specified by different airlines; and 3 different weight
limits too.

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Colin Bignell

My problem with BA is this:

Every easter, we fly to Denver with BA.
It's the only direct flight in to Denver, the other options all stop in
Chicago.

ABZ - LHR - DEN.

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

--
Ron
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 27, 10:29*am, fred wrote:
In article
,
harry writes

Huh. You get people bringing on stuff that should be in the hold as
"hand luggage" (To avoid waiting at the other end and charges with the
cheapies.)

I have got on (long haul) flights and found my luggage locker above my
seat full with other people's stuff. So I can't even fit my legitimate
stuff in.

I have a cure, I just pull it out and throw it on the deck and put
mine in. *Does cause a row sometimes.

I'm not surprised, you sound like a right dick, "my luggage locker" ?,
do you expect the space on the road near your house to be left for
'your' parking too?
--
fred

I have paid for a space for my hand luggage. I expect that space to be
there, not taken up by some pillock. So it is "my" luggage locker for
the duration of the flight.
I have parking space for seven or eight cars on my driveway. I have no
expectations about where I want to park on the street.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message news
In article
, harry
writes

Huh. You get people bringing on stuff that should be in the hold as
"hand luggage" (To avoid waiting at the other end and charges with the
cheapies.)

I have got on (long haul) flights and found my luggage locker above my
seat full with other people's stuff. So I can't even fit my legitimate
stuff in.

I have a cure, I just pull it out and throw it on the deck and put
mine in. Does cause a row sometimes.

I'm not surprised, you sound like a right dick, "my luggage locker" ?,
do you expect the space on the road near your house to be left for 'your'
parking too?
--
fred

But it *is* 'your' luggage locker. Presumably, you don't fly ? Each seat has
an allocated overhead luggage space, marked with a number to match the seat
it belongs to. Having paid for the seat, that space is 'yours'. It is the
people who bring excess amounts of excessively sized hand luggage on board,
and expect to be able to accommodate it all in other passengers' space, who
are the arrogant dicks, not the likes of Derby Boy and myself, who object to
this practice.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

I may well be wrong but I think I read that from February this year BA
increased the baggage allowance for "World Traveller" to 2 bags even in
Europe. And I've found something on their site about it. But I am not
*sure* how it works.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...topic=freebags

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Arfa Daily
writes

But it *is* 'your' luggage locker. Presumably, you don't fly ? Each seat has
an allocated overhead luggage space, marked with a number to match the seat
it belongs to.

Oh dear, the numbers you refer to are the seat idents, not indicators
for personally reserved luggage space. Next time ask the cabin crew
where you can find your individually reserved hand luggage space and
watch for their polite amusement.

Having paid for the seat, that space is 'yours'. It is the
people who bring excess amounts of excessively sized hand luggage on board,

If the airline permit it on-board as hand luggage then they do not view
it as excessive. If they provide insufficient space for all passengers
to carry compliant hand luggage then your complaint is with the airline
They wont however as they know that some fliers will carry less than
others so, in most instances, the space they provide is sufficient. It
is all part of their cost balancing exercise.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
harry writes

I have paid for a space for my hand luggage. I expect that space to be
there, not taken up by some pillock. So it is "my" luggage locker for
the duration of the flight.

As pointed out to Arfa, next time you fly, ask the cabin crew where your
personally reserved space can be found and see if the airline agrees
with your position.

You can usually find space in nearby lockers and I've always found cabin
crew to be helpful in finding space where I have not. I've not had any
difficulty in finding space for my hand luggage on even the busiest
flights but I don't expect to be able to board last and still find a
space in the bin above my head.

--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Ron Lowe writes

My problem with BA is this:

Every easter, we fly to Denver with BA.
It's the only direct flight in to Denver, the other options all stop in
Chicago.

ABZ - LHR - DEN.

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

Are your connecting flights with alliance partners or with the budget
ones?

It's been a while since I flew into Denver but last time I was going for
winter sports and not travelling light, but didn't have a problem with
the luggage. That was on single booked right through tickets, didn't
even see the luggage until the final destination.

If you don't mind me asking, where were you skiing? There are some nice
spots over the mountains from there.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Robin" wrote in message ...

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

I may well be wrong but I think I read that from February this year BA
increased the baggage allowance for "World Traveller" to 2 bags even in
Europe. And I've found something on their site about it. But I am not
*sure* how it works.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...topic=freebags

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

How it works:

The passenger pays - otherwise aircraft would fill up with freight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 18:46, fred wrote:
[...]

BA all the way.
Checked right through, as you say.
Just going by reading the e-tickets.

Not actually had a problem yet, as we've adjusted our baggage system to
put 4 pairs of boots into a honking great bag, rather than 4 boot bags.

Normally do a week in Aspen Snowmass ( with day trips to other Aspen
mountains )and a week in Breckenridge. We have regular condos we use
at both.

With day stop-overs in Vail mostly for the back bowls, and Beaver creek
sometimes to have a laugh at the pampered.

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Ron Lowe writes
On 27/05/2011 18:46, fred wrote:
[...]

Just after posting I realised it was Continental I flew with BMI doing
the internal leg (Star Alliance), not BA.

Not actually had a problem yet, as we've adjusted our baggage system to
put 4 pairs of boots into a honking great bag, rather than 4 boot bags.

Normally do a week in Aspen Snowmass ( with day trips to other Aspen
mountains )and a week in Breckenridge. We have regular condos we use
at both.

With day stop-overs in Vail mostly for the back bowls, and Beaver creek
sometimes to have a laugh at the pampered.

Sounds nice :-)

I was boarding and based in Breckenridge, even used the school bus to
travel to the linked set of resorts. At the time, Aspen wasn't keen on
boarders.

Canada would be my choice these days, staying in motels and chasing
powder on a daily basis around the rockies based on the evening TV
forecasts but it's probably not what you want to be dragging a family
round.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:

My suggestion is simple

So is mine, get to the airport earlier.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Yeah, your problem is that you fly with BA, a service that makes Ryanair
look like Cathay Pacific.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 May 2011 09:37:05 -0700, harry wrote:

On May 27, 10:29Â*am, fred wrote:
In article
,
harry writes

Huh. You get people bringing on stuff that should be in the hold as
"hand luggage" (To avoid waiting at the other end and charges with the
cheapies.)

I have got on (long haul) flights and found my luggage locker above my
seat full with other people's stuff. So I can't even fit my legitimate
stuff in.

I have a cure, I just pull it out and throw it on the deck and put
mine in. Â*Does cause a row sometimes.

I'm not surprised, you sound like a right dick, "my luggage locker"
?, do you expect the space on the road near your house to be left for
'your' parking too?
--
fred

I have paid for a space for my hand luggage. I expect that space to be
there, not taken up by some pillock. So it is "my" luggage locker for
the duration of the flight.
I have parking space for seven or eight cars on my driveway. I have no
expectations about where I want to park on the street.

True, but...not every aircraft seat has an available overhead locker.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 May 2011 18:26:01 +0100, fred wrote:

In article , Arfa Daily
writes

But it *is* 'your' luggage locker. Presumably, you don't fly ? Each seat
has an allocated overhead luggage space, marked with a number to match
the seat it belongs to.

Oh dear, the numbers you refer to are the seat idents, not indicators
for personally reserved luggage space. Next time ask the cabin crew
where you can find your individually reserved hand luggage space and
watch for their polite amusement.

Exactly. In fact, they use some of them for odd stuff such as the dummy
oxygen masks, life jackets, etc...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 May 2011 13:31:03 +0100, "Robin" wrote:

Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

If only there were still "a regulation size carry-on bag"! I'm not a
frequent flyer but while waiting in Hong Kong last year I counted 4
different sizes specified by different airlines; and 3 different weight
limits too.

Ryanair supply bags that comply with their own spec which is different
to anyone elses and cost about 80 quid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 May 2011 00:16:47 +0100, Clive George
wrote:

On 27/05/2011 23:28, DerbyBoy wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

"DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:

My suggestion is simple

So is mine, get to the airport earlier.

It really should not be necessary - the problems are caused by other
passengers - not the airline / handlers / airport. Why would anyone
really want to get there too early. I repeat - the transaction at the
desk should take less than a minute per party if it is only a bag drop.
stupid people cause the problems - I should not have to go early because
of them - they should be sent to the back of the queue.

Interesting that your ire is aimed at those in the queue in front of
you, and not those who have the power to do something about it by, for
example, opening up another check-in desk.

You've chosen a cheap airline. They've cut their service to the minimum
to reduce their overheads, and they've made rules to increase their
potential charges which will mean that situations such as you describe
will happen. If you want to avoid that, pay the extra for a posher
airline, otherwise stop whining.

I'm not like some on here - I'll use Ryanair when it's appropriate, but
I'll do so in the knowedge that it's not exactly going to be the
glamorous journey the ads earlier last century offered.

There are a few points both good and bad about Gob****es airline.

One problem I have with them, is that you are bombarded with that much
racket from their PA system on the plane that if something happened
which demanded your immediate attention like 'brace brace brace' you'd
probably ignore it as another sodding advert.

Fixed seats that don't even recline slightly can be very
uncomfortable. but legroom is good.

The planes are very new compared to some of their competitors but that
has other issues- see

http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/peopleandpower/2010/12/20101214104637901849.html

Their crew at the pointy end are monitored as rigidly as the very best
in the industy for performance in the air. A bad approach, or
landing, and before you get to the gate you might a call frommbase
saying you are in for a long spell on the simulator (paid for by the
crew not by airline) or you could be down the road, jobless.

Flight crew morale is low, very low. Gob****e works them extremely
hard, and bends maximum hours rules (per period) to their very limit.

If only they could shake themselves out of the everything is extra
syndrome, remove the premium rate phone calls, the 40 quid for
boarding cards, the credit card surcharges, the unfair competition on
some routes that means they 'absorb the taxes until their competitor
goes bust', the playing off of one airport against another (Manchester
being dumped for instance) when they couldn't go any lower on landing
fees, the truly ridiculous airports they claim serve some cities,
they could set proper flight times in their timetable, and value their
crews and all other staff.

But they won't until they get rid of gob****e & co.

With their relatively new fleet they can afford to sit on their
aircraft for many years, and they will have to as neither Boeing nor
Airbus want anything to do with them for future orders. They could
end up with Russian or Chinese aircraft in the future.

On the downside I can see a big accident coming up at Ryanair, the
sheer number of flights and how they push flight crew will turn out be
a major factor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"DerbyBoy" No-one writes:
[...]

I am surprised that airports still allow any queuing before the security
check. Seems like a serious vulnerability to me. Airlines and airports
should be required to have enough staff at all times to restrict queues
to no more than somewhere between 5 and 10 people at all times, depending
on presence of any nearby queues*, i.e. to limit the density of unchecked
people in any one area.

After the security check, queues are not a (security) problem.

*Ryanair could implement this by charging you £1 for each person in front
of you in the queue when you join it ;-) Never fly Ryanair myself...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2011 21:22, Steve Firth wrote:
"Nightjar\"cpb\"@""insertmysurnamehere wrote:

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Yeah, your problem is that you fly with BA, a service that makes Ryanair
look like Cathay Pacific.

That is not my experience of flying with BA. Of course, things might be
different in cattle class.

Coiln Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:

On 27/05/2011 21:22, Steve Firth wrote:
"Nightjar\"cpb\"@""insertmysurnamehere wrote:

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Yeah, your problem is that you fly with BA, a service that makes Ryanair
look like Cathay Pacific.

That is not my experience of flying with BA. Of course, things might be
different in cattle class.

I've only ever flown business class with BA. Compared to the majority of
airlines their service sucks, their service was in fact so poor that I
preferred to fly British Midland for short haul flights. For long haul,
BA are definitely fourth rank and only just slightly ahead of Aeroflot.

Still if you want to be wedged into a poorly maintained seat and served
****e by some matron with varicose veins, support tights and more slap
on her face than is stocked at any single Debenhams, BA would be right
up your street.

Perhaps next time you try to puff yourself up, with snide lines about
"cattle class", you could try think for a moment before posting?