Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

In article , Ron Lowe writes

My problem with BA is this:

Every easter, we fly to Denver with BA.
It's the only direct flight in to Denver, the other options all stop in
Chicago.

ABZ - LHR - DEN.

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

Are your connecting flights with alliance partners or with the budget
ones?

It's been a while since I flew into Denver but last time I was going for
winter sports and not travelling light, but didn't have a problem with
the luggage. That was on single booked right through tickets, didn't
even see the luggage until the final destination.

If you don't mind me asking, where were you skiing? There are some nice
spots over the mountains from there.
--
fred