Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

On 27/05/2011 23:28, DerbyBoy wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

"DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:

My suggestion is simple

So is mine, get to the airport earlier.

It really should not be necessary - the problems are caused by other
passengers - not the airline / handlers / airport. Why would anyone
really want to get there too early. I repeat - the transaction at the
desk should take less than a minute per party if it is only a bag drop.
stupid people cause the problems - I should not have to go early because
of them - they should be sent to the back of the queue.

Interesting that your ire is aimed at those in the queue in front of
you, and not those who have the power to do something about it by, for
example, opening up another check-in desk.

You've chosen a cheap airline. They've cut their service to the minimum
to reduce their overheads, and they've made rules to increase their
potential charges which will mean that situations such as you describe
will happen. If you want to avoid that, pay the extra for a posher
airline, otherwise stop whining.

I'm not like some on here - I'll use Ryanair when it's appropriate, but
I'll do so in the knowedge that it's not exactly going to be the
glamorous journey the ads earlier last century offered.