Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

On May 27, 8:27*am, "DerbyBoy" No-one wrote:
I returned yesterday from Furteventura. The queue to merely drop off luggage
for the Ryanair Flight was really annoying. It took me 90 minutes to get the
the front of the queue. We then had to run to the gate and had no time for a
drink in the Departures area. The issue seemed to be that some passengers
had baggage or documentation problems to argue about.
My suggestion is simple - for all airlines / handling agents / airports. If
the transaction cannot be completed within (say) one minute then the
passenger is sent to the back of the queue.
Baggage Drop Off should only take seconds. It is only a case of dropping bag
onto conveyor - showing document and passport. 1minute is ample time. Anyone
with an expected complication should first go to the appropriate airline
enquiry desk.
What do you think? It really is frustrating standing in the queue whilst
people re-pack their luggage as they didn't comply with their contract
conditions.

Huh. You get people bringing on stuff that should be in the hold as
"hand luggage" (To avoid waiting at the other end and charges with the
cheapies.)

I have got on (long haul) flights and found my luggage locker above my
seat full with other people's stuff. So I can't even fit my legitimate
stuff in.

I have a cure, I just pull it out and throw it on the deck and put
mine in. Does cause a row sometimes.

So you need to be glad your airline is sorting these ****s out.
KLM was the worst for not enforcing baggage rules.
Lufthansa was the best. If your bag didn't go through a hoop, it went
in the hold.
Never been with Ryanair. Full of chavs I suppose.