Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe[_3_] Ron Lowe[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

On 27/05/2011 14:04, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 27/05/2011 13:31, Robin wrote:
Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

If only there were still "a regulation size carry-on bag"! I'm not a
frequent flyer but while waiting in Hong Kong last year I counted 4
different sizes specified by different airlines; and 3 different weight
limits too.

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Colin Bignell

My problem with BA is this:

Every easter, we fly to Denver with BA.
It's the only direct flight in to Denver, the other options all stop in
Chicago.

ABZ - LHR - DEN.

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

--
Ron