Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

On 27/05/2011 08:27, DerbyBoy wrote:
I returned yesterday from Furteventura. The queue to merely drop off
luggage for the Ryanair Flight was really annoying. It took me 90
minutes to get the the front of the queue. We then had to run to the
gate and had no time for a drink in the Departures area. The issue
seemed to be that some passengers had baggage or documentation problems
to argue about.
My suggestion is simple - for all airlines / handling agents / airports.
If the transaction cannot be completed within (say) one minute then the
passenger is sent to the back of the queue.
Baggage Drop Off should only take seconds. It is only a case of dropping
bag onto conveyor - showing document and passport. 1minute is ample
time. Anyone with an expected complication should first go to the
appropriate airline enquiry desk.
What do you think? It really is frustrating standing in the queue whilst
people re-pack their luggage as they didn't comply with their contract
conditions.

I've not often come across problems at the drop-off point, but my
recollection is that BA send anyone who can't simply drop and go to the
normal check-in desk. Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

Colin Bignell