Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:05:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Sure you can. Note that I am not saying you can code or do digital

I note and say that you are real miserable blabbermouth, you endlessly
gossiping washerwoman.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

rbowman has brought this to us :
On 08/12/2020 04:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
You can't code if you don't understand Boolean algebra.
Turns out my symbolic logic prof went to college with
the Unabomber.

Sure you can. Note that I am not saying you can code or do digital design (or
analog for that matter) without understanding logic. Understanding the formal
symbolic representation of that logic isn't crucial.

Most 10 year olds grasp 'if you clean your room AND take out the garbage you
can have a lollipop OR a cookie'.

But that should be an exclusive OR (XOR) which even adults often get
wrong. That is, if you meant the 10 year old cannot have both treats.

Then again, the garbage and cookies scenario isn't exactly like coding
where such things matter. One should include 'but not both' after the
word cookie.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2020 10:13 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have the KP90 without a real safety, just the decocker. I like it
now but coming from 30 years with a 1911, it took a while for me to
come around. You are right that it is as safe as a revolver to carry.
The trick is getting used to the DP trigger pull and then the SA pull.
That tool a lot of time at the range firing double taps. Now I point
it pretty much instinctively coming out of retention. Certainly good
enough for any 7 yard serious social problem I might have. I don't
really think of it as a carry piece because it is too big and heavy
for lugging around all day. I have a little .380 Beretta that would I
use if that was an issue with me. I have just come to think I live in
a safe enough place where it is not worth the hassle.

I like the Glocks as there is no safety to think about. Just point and
click. You do need to have it in a good holster. Switched to a 43x
from the 23 about a year ago. Very light but full size grip.
I live near a town of around 30,000 people. Seems that town in not very
safe if you read the police report in the paper. I usually stay out of
town but do have to go there for a few things, especially the weekly
grocery trip to Walmart. There was one shooting in that parking lot
that I know of.

I don't have a CCW but would not carry a Glock. I have that old habit
of putting my finger on the trigger. I believe some police have been
shot with their own gun when it was grabbed from them and the criminal
did not have to worry about how to take off the safety. Police have also
shot themselves in the leg drawing their Glock.

If I were to carry I would prefer my .357 snubby or my Ruger LCP.
Neither has a safety but triggers are heavy enough that you will not
accidentally discharge them and shoot yourself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:10:59 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never followed
through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about has fur and
teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s of North
America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

You're a real American hero ...just of the endlessly babbling, blathering
and gossiping kind! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Protection from the BLM ambassadors is necessary these days, especially if the local democrats have defunded your police.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2020 10:10 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/12/2020 05:32 AM, Snag wrote:
Â* Since we moved up here from Memphis I no longer feel the need to carry
... except when we go down there to visit the kids . Then it's a .38
2-shot that will fit in my pocket . If I need more than 2 I'm screwed
anyway .

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never followed
through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about has fur and
teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s of North
America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

PITA to get a CCW in DE. You need to take a course including qualifying
with your weapon. You have to be fingerprinted and put a notice in the
paper. You also need a reason to carry and approval by a judge. It all
costs about $500 and takes up to 6 months.

I could easily qualify for an out of state CCW allowed in DE but only
allowed for citizens of that state and not a DE resident.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:10:59 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 05:32 AM, Snag wrote:
Since we moved up here from Memphis I no longer feel the need to carry
... except when we go down there to visit the kids . Then it's a .38
2-shot that will fit in my pocket . If I need more than 2 I'm screwed
anyway .

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never followed
through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about has fur and
teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s of North
America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

That is true. When I was in DC I carried a lot and it was never legal
although before the 70s it wasn't a felony and not a priority with the
police. Long guns slipped through a loophole in the law so a 97
Winchester between the console and seat was my carry of choice. Once I
moved here, a CCW was a thing, I have one and I never carry.

I do think carrying illegally is probably the best training for the
proper use of force and the de escalation of possible violent
encounters. You know you can win the fight but the legal battle
afterward will make you wish you had run away. Also you are never
going to brandish an illegal weapon. Having the CCW seems to make
people forget that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:40:32 -0400, Frank wrote:

[...]

That is a habit that was untaught by virtually all firearms
instructors for the last 50 years. Finger along the slide is the
standard practice. Once you get the muscle memory, that split second
it takes to get your finger on the trigger and squeeze is more than
made up for by eliminating the chance of an AD.
It is hard to win a gun fight if you shoot yourself first.

BTW the way I was told, most people shot themselves re-holstering with
their finger on the trigger.

If I were to carry I would prefer my .357 snubby or my Ruger LCP.
Neither has a safety but triggers are heavy enough that you will not
accidentally discharge them and shoot yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

PITA to get a CCW in DE. You need to take a course including qualifying
with your weapon. You have to be fingerprinted and put a notice in the
paper. You also need a reason to carry and approval by a judge. It all
costs about $500 and takes up to 6 months.

I could easily qualify for an out of state CCW allowed in DE but only
allowed for citizens of that state and not a DE resident.

Depends on the state. Some are very difficult and much crime goes on
there.

I live in NC and we do have to go to a one day class (mostly legal
information) and shoot about 25 rounds very close to a target to
demonstrate you do know what end the bullets come out of. That class is
usually 50 to 100 dollars. Then a check to the mental hospitals for
around $ 100. Then to the sheriff office for about another $ 100 that is
good for 5 years. Then about a month or two wait. Not too difficult.
It is a must issue state, so unless there is a major reason not to ,
most every 'good citizen' qualifies.

If one does not want to go through that, NC does have an open carry
where anyone (that is not on some kind of restrictions ) can open carry
a handgun without any paperwork.

It is funny, the NC CCW is for hand guns only. You can have 20 of them
on you if you want. However, you can not have a large knife concealed
on you , or even under a coat on the seat of your car. Or even a rifle
or shotgun.

One good thing about a NC CCW license is that instead of going to the
sheriff office and paying $ 5 for a purchace permit for a hand gun, that
CCW license covers you, so you go to where ever guns are sold and show
that paper and fill out some government forms and take your gun with
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:29:59 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

That is pretty standard. In florida it is a "firearms" license tho
(any firearm). A switchblade is still a crime for some strange reason.
The state preempts local gun laws but you could have some town council
making a knife an illegal weapon, even if they can't stop you from
carrying your shotgun "pistol" or even a street sweeper if you have a
big enough coat.
The CCW avoids the waiting period but they do everything else. I think
the instant check is just to protect the merchant or maybe it is just
pro forma.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2020 08:48 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

This is a shall issue state. Fingerprints. a statement by 3 people that
you're not a serial killer, $50, and you're good to go. It's also an
open carry state and concealed carry is legal outside of incorporated
areas, which means about 95% of the state.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe concealed carry here means literally on
your person. A firearm in a backpack, brief case, or Albertson's grocery
bag is not on your person.

In a vehicle you can put a firearm in a locked compartment -- or under
the seat, on the dashboard, or wherever else you want to stick it.

If I head towards the Peoples Republics on the left coast I have to do a
groom and clean on the car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2020 02:01 PM, wrote:
That is pretty standard. In florida it is a "firearms" license tho
(any firearm). A switchblade is still a crime for some strange reason.

I haven't figured that out in this state either. My EDC is a Kershaw
Cryo II:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZjbDpZwz0

I've got a Kershaw Onion that's a little smaller that I like. The
problem is the clip can be switched for point up or point down, but
can't be moved to the other side for left handed carry like the Cryo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCLr9NbJPw

Both of them are as fast as any switchblade I've ever had. For that
matter I've been flicking knives open since high school so I'm not too
slow with my Cold Steel Recon I, Spyderco police, Buck, or even my high
school favorite, the Mercator cat knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYV29BymIs

Like the video says, the cat is very thin and easy to miss if, say,
Officer Friendly is patting your ass. A little work with some needle
files and it opens very nicely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2020 11:36 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
One of the better ones is that an officer was carrying a 1911. He had
drawn it that day for some reason,but did not fire it. Later back at
the office he needed to take a dump. Hung it up on the coat hook on the
door. When he went to get it again, the trigger hit the hook and it
fired at least two times before he got it under control. So even a
safety does no good if you forget to put it on.

Hard to do with a 1911 unless you have the grip safety pinned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2020 08:39 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

Short circuit evaluation. lollipop || cookie doesn't look at cookie if
lollipop is true.

I prefer tetralemmas. Democritus referred to them but Nagarjuna really
got into it. We might get there with quantum computing.

qbit is 0
qbit is 1
qbit is both 0 and 1
qbit is neither 0 nor 1
programmer's brain explodes.

Screw Ayn Rand and her poorly digested Aristotelian metaphysics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2020 09:29 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I don't follow the 1911 variations, but don't they make some with out
the grip safety ? It may not be a true 1911 , but a model very similar
to the origional design.

A Spanish company, Star, made a .45 similar to the Officer's that didn't
have a grip safety. It was cheap and made from an aluminum alloy so it
was lighter than a 1911. Light, cheap, and .45 ACP isn't a good combination.

Browning's first pass didn't have the grip safety but the cavalry
demanded it since horse soldiers sometimes dropped their sidearms.

There may be some custom 1911's that don't have it but it is one of the
distinctive design features.

As I said in another thread I often put a rubber band around it for
competition. Some people pin the safety but that's not a very good idea
outside of the range. Safety mechanisms rendered inoperable or
handloaded ammunition don't play well in court.

The Star PD (which didn't stand for Police Department) did have their
popularity with cops. They were lighter to carry and 95% of the cops
never fire their weapon except for qualification so longevity wasn't an
issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:19:14 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCLr9NbJPw

Both of them are as fast as any switchblade I've ever had. For that
matter I've been flicking knives open since high school so I'm not too
slow with my Cold Steel Recon I, Spyderco police, Buck, or even my high
school favorite, the Mercator cat knife.

I can flip a Buck knife open, even my 112 but I learned with the good
old stiletto. It was just one of my dubious skills I got in High
School, along with moonshining and lock picking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:19:14 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I haven't figured that out in this state either. My EDC is a Kershaw
Cryo II:

Your EDC got NOTHING to do with ahr, you disgusting senile blabbermouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:39:36 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

This is a shall issue state.

This STILL got NOTHING to do with ahr, you disgusting senile blabbermouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:31:34 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

It's like one of my favorite songs;

Und Macheath, der hat ein Messer,

What an endlessly bull****ting blabbermouth! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:46:21 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Some have managed to snag the Glock trigger on the holster, another
piece of equipment, or even the draw string on a windbreaker.

Oh, **** off finally, you abnormal senile gossip!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:49:01 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Hard to do with a 1911 unless you have the grip safety pinned.

Certainly harder to do as making you shut your endlessly driveling gob!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 22:34:10 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

A Spanish company, Star, made a .45 similar to the Officer's that didn't

FLUSH the senile blabbermouth's latest senile blabber unread again
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 21:08:06 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Short circuit evaluation. lollipop || cookie doesn't look at cookie if
lollipop is true.

I prefer tetralemmas.

I prefer YOU to shut your endlessly driveling senile gob finally, senile
gossip!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2020 9:39 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/12/2020 08:48 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/12/2020 10:10 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/12/2020 05:32 AM, Snag wrote:
Â* Since we moved up here from Memphis I no longer feel the need to
carry
... except when we go down there to visit the kids . Then it's a .38
2-shot that will fit in my pocket . If I need more than 2 I'm screwed
anyway .

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never
followed through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about
has fur and teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s
of North America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

PITA to get a CCW in DE.Â* You need to take a course including qualifying
with your weapon.Â* You have to be fingerprinted and put a notice in the
paper.Â* You also need a reason to carry and approval by a judge.Â* It all
costs about $500 and takes up to 6 months.

I could easily qualify for an out of state CCW allowed in DE but only
allowed for citizens of that state and not a DE resident.

This is a shall issue state. Fingerprints. a statement by 3 people that
you're not a serial killer, $50, and you're good to go. It's also an
open carry state and concealed carry is legal outside of incorporated
areas, which means about 95% of the state.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe concealed carry here means literally on
your person. A firearm in a backpack, brief case, or Albertson's grocery
bag is not on your person.

In a vehicle you can put a firearm in a locked compartment -- or under
the seat, on the dashboard, or wherever else you want to stick it.

If I head towards the Peoples Republics on the left coast I have to do a
groom and clean on the car.

State laws do vary considerably and living in a small state within 15
minutes drive of three other states you must be cautious.

While it is tough to get a CCW in DE, open carry is permitted.

Worst case around here is NJ and a guy was arrested and imprisoned for
as little as having an antique black powder pistol unloaded in the trunk
of his car.

I hunted deer in PA and DE with black powder. DE changed but it was
illegal to have a primitive weapon with bp and bullet in your vehicle.
At end of hunt everybody was shooting out their gun. In PA, if you
removed primer gun was considered unloaded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 8:48AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/12/2020 10:10 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/12/2020 05:32 AM, Snag wrote:
Since we moved up here from Memphis I no longer feel the need to carry
... except when we go down there to visit the kids . Then it's a .38
2-shot that will fit in my pocket . If I need more than 2 I'm screwed
anyway .

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never
followed through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about
has fur and teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s
of North America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

PITA to get a CCW in DE. You need to take a course including qualifying
with your weapon

When particle beams/lasers become legal in a few years from now, I wonder if local and state rules will change.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCLr9NbJPw

Both of them are as fast as any switchblade I've ever had. For that
matter I've been flicking knives open since high school so I'm not too
slow with my Cold Steel Recon I, Spyderco police, Buck, or even my high
school favorite, the Mercator cat knife.

I can flip a Buck knife open, even my 112 but I learned with the good
old stiletto. It was just one of my dubious skills I got in High
School, along with moonshining and lock picking.

High school was very educational that way. We had an English teacher who
was prehistoric, a bit strange, hard of hearing, and encased in a ton of
makeup. Her name was Miss Foxell but that morphed into Fossil. Close
enough for lip reading.

Stan was in the back row honing his flick knife skills when it slipped
from his grasp, slithered down the aisle, and banged against the wall
next to Foxie, still closed. Stanton has some 'splaining to do after
class but he got the knife back.

Today they would lock down the school and send in a SWAT team.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/12/2020 11:01 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:46:21 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 10:52 AM,
wrote:
BTW the way I was told, most people shot themselves re-holstering with
their finger on the trigger.

Some have managed to snag the Glock trigger on the holster, another
piece of equipment, or even the draw string on a windbreaker. That's
what i like about grip safeties. You really have to go out of your way
to depress it while holstering.

That said, when I was playing around with USPSA I sometimes had a rubber
band on my .45. Even with the speed bump I wouldn't always catch it when
I was shooting left handed. No problem right handed.

I guess that is why I see a lot of race guns with a bump on the grip
safety.

https://clarkcustomguns.com/wp-conte...Race-Gun-A.png

A lot, if not most, of the new 1911's have speed bumps. You can spend
anywhere from $500 to the moon but they're all 'custom' compared to the
GI 1911. Mine has an ambidextrous safety although the mag release is
still on the left. 1911's were stodgy until they became popular again
then all the manufacturer's were trying to outdo each other.

For race guns those mag wells that look like a subway tunnel are
popular. The original design didn't anticipate 0.25 second reloads.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/13/2020 05:33 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ralph Mowery presented the following explanation :
In article , says...
don't have a CCW but would not carry a Glock. I have that old habit
of putting my finger on the trigger. I believe some police have been
shot with their own gun when it was grabbed from them and the
criminal did not have to worry about how to take off the safety.
Police have also shot themselves in the leg drawing their Glock.

Seems that many poiice do not shoot very well.

Glock did come out with what is called a New York trigger. Instead of
the more normal 5 pounds of pressure to set it off, it is more like 12
to 15 pounds of pull.

One of the better ones is that an officer was carrying a 1911. He had
drawn it that day for some reason,but did not fire it. Later back at
the office he needed to take a dump. Hung it up on the coat hook on
the door. When he went to get it again, the trigger hit the hook and
it fired at least two times before he got it under control. So even a
safety does no good if you forget to put it on.

My service weapon (1911) had a safety on the grip as well as the lever
selector one, the half-cocked one, and the pushed muzzle one.

Are there different model 1911's?

There are variations since so many manufacturers got into the game
besides the plain vanilla GI Colt but except for a few customs they all
have the grip safety. The Spanish Star PD was a copy of the design and
didn't have the grip safety although it did have the thumb safety.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/13/2020 06:44 AM, Frank wrote:
I hunted deer in PA and DE with black powder. DE changed but it was
illegal to have a primitive weapon with bp and bullet in your vehicle.
At end of hunt everybody was shooting out their gun. In PA, if you
removed primer gun was considered unloaded.

My brother in law and I were shooting a BP rifle when we had a misfire.
Eventually we got the damn thing to fire. No big deal except I was late
picking up my mother. It might have been less painful to throw it in the
trunk and pray that it wasn't a really delayed hangfire than dealing
with her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:05:56 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

High school was very educational that way. We had an English teacher who

Oh, no! Not yet another senile bull**** story by the resident senile
blabbermouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:25:46 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

My brother in law and I were shooting a BP rifle when we had a misfire.

And yet another senile bull**** story by the resident senile blabbermouth!

FLUSHHHHHHHHHHHH
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:17:02 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

A lot, if not most, of the new 1911's have speed bumps. You can spend
anywhere from $500 to the moon

FLUSH another load of senile off topic bull**** unread
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:21:38 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

There are variations since so many manufacturers got into the game
besides the plain vanilla GI Colt

Of what use is a plain vanilla GI Colt, if you don't put it to your senile
head and pull the trigger, useless senile blabbermouth?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:17:02 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 11:01 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:46:21 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 10:52 AM,
wrote:
[...]

It is interesting that 110 years later John Browning's basic design is
still doing so well. I have moved on to the DA/SA but I am still not a
fan of the DAO and striker fired designs. I did grow up with the 1911
and it took a while for me to change.