Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:10:59 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 05:32 AM, Snag wrote:
Since we moved up here from Memphis I no longer feel the need to carry
... except when we go down there to visit the kids . Then it's a .38
2-shot that will fit in my pocket . If I need more than 2 I'm screwed
anyway .

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never followed
through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about has fur and
teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s of North
America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

That is true. When I was in DC I carried a lot and it was never legal
although before the 70s it wasn't a felony and not a priority with the
police. Long guns slipped through a loophole in the law so a 97
Winchester between the console and seat was my carry of choice. Once I
moved here, a CCW was a thing, I have one and I never carry.

I do think carrying illegally is probably the best training for the
proper use of force and the de escalation of possible violent
encounters. You know you can win the fight but the legal battle
afterward will make you wish you had run away. Also you are never
going to brandish an illegal weapon. Having the CCW seems to make
people forget that.