Posted to alt.home.repair
Neil Kelly Neil Kelly is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 8/12/2020 10:13 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
I have the KP90 without a real safety, just the decocker. I like it
now but coming from 30 years with a 1911, it took a while for me to
come around. You are right that it is as safe as a revolver to carry.
The trick is getting used to the DP trigger pull and then the SA pull.
That tool a lot of time at the range firing double taps. Now I point
it pretty much instinctively coming out of retention. Certainly good
enough for any 7 yard serious social problem I might have. I don't
really think of it as a carry piece because it is too big and heavy
for lugging around all day. I have a little .380 Beretta that would I
use if that was an issue with me. I have just come to think I live in
a safe enough place where it is not worth the hassle.

I like the Glocks as there is no safety to think about. Just point and
click. You do need to have it in a good holster. Switched to a 43x
from the 23 about a year ago. Very light but full size grip.
I live near a town of around 30,000 people. Seems that town in not very
safe if you read the police report in the paper. I usually stay out of
town but do have to go there for a few things, especially the weekly
grocery trip to Walmart. There was one shooting in that parking lot
that I know of.

Protection from the BLM ambassadors is necessary these days, especially if the local democrats have defunded your police.