Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

rbowman has brought this to us :
On 08/12/2020 04:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
You can't code if you don't understand Boolean algebra.
Turns out my symbolic logic prof went to college with
the Unabomber.

Sure you can. Note that I am not saying you can code or do digital design (or
analog for that matter) without understanding logic. Understanding the formal
symbolic representation of that logic isn't crucial.

Most 10 year olds grasp 'if you clean your room AND take out the garbage you
can have a lollipop OR a cookie'.

But that should be an exclusive OR (XOR) which even adults often get
wrong. That is, if you meant the 10 year old cannot have both treats.

Then again, the garbage and cookies scenario isn't exactly like coding
where such things matter. One should include 'but not both' after the
word cookie.