Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 08/12/2020 08:48 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/12/2020 10:10 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/12/2020 05:32 AM, Snag wrote:
Since we moved up here from Memphis I no longer feel the need to carry
... except when we go down there to visit the kids . Then it's a .38
2-shot that will fit in my pocket . If I need more than 2 I'm screwed
anyway .

Bond? I took a CCW class to see what it was all about but never
followed through with the permit. Around here anything I worry about
has fur and teeth. When I was trucking and had to visit the ********s
of North America squeaky clean legality wasn't high on my priorities.

PITA to get a CCW in DE. You need to take a course including qualifying
with your weapon. You have to be fingerprinted and put a notice in the
paper. You also need a reason to carry and approval by a judge. It all
costs about $500 and takes up to 6 months.

I could easily qualify for an out of state CCW allowed in DE but only
allowed for citizens of that state and not a DE resident.

This is a shall issue state. Fingerprints. a statement by 3 people that
you're not a serial killer, $50, and you're good to go. It's also an
open carry state and concealed carry is legal outside of incorporated
areas, which means about 95% of the state.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe concealed carry here means literally on
your person. A firearm in a backpack, brief case, or Albertson's grocery
bag is not on your person.

In a vehicle you can put a firearm in a locked compartment -- or under
the seat, on the dashboard, or wherever else you want to stick it.

If I head towards the Peoples Republics on the left coast I have to do a
groom and clean on the car.