Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
-- https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/20 3:04 AM, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

BLM's entire premise is false.Â* Why do democrats think black people are helpless and need helping?

The black people I know are magnitudes smarter than Pelosi and Schumer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2020 6:04 AM, devnull wrote:
On 8/7/20 3:04 AM, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

BLM's entire premise is false.Â* Why do democrats think black people are
helpless and need helping?

The black people I know are magnitudes smarter than Pelosi and Schumer.

The organization, Black Lives Matter, is a Marxist front and I doubt
most police would support it.

They/we all believe that black lives matter as do all lives matter.

This is how the polling media lies to us.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2020 3:18 AM, Bod wrote:
On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.

No, the BLM folks get insulted if you say such a thing. They want to
stand out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/07/2020 01:04 AM, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Voters in police households of color were 27 points more likely to have
a favorable view of Black Lives Matter than voters in white police
households, and also significantly more likely to view police negatively
(44 percent versus 23 percent).

https://morningconsult.com/2020/07/2...phics-polling/

Surprise, surprise...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 07:51:20 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 08/07/2020 01:04 AM, wrote:

Voters in police households of color were 27 points more likely to have
a favorable view of Black Lives Matter than voters in white police
households, and also significantly more likely to view police negatively
(44 percent versus 23 percent).

https://morningconsult.com/2020/07/2...phics-polling/

Surprise, surprise...

I view senile blabbermouths like you VERY negatively, I must say! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2020 6:51 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/07/2020 01:04 AM, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Voters in police households of color were 27 points more likely to have
a favorable view of Black Lives Matter than voters in white police
households, and also significantly more likely to view police negatively
(44 percent versus 23 percent).

https://morningconsult.com/2020/07/2...phics-polling/

Surprise, surprise...

If you were raised your whole childhood being told by parents how
careful you had to be to avoid being targeted by police (because you
were likely to be no matter what you did) you would probably feel the
same. Profiling happens and puts black lives into levels of continuous
stress that you surely have no concept of.

And yet, you think the problem is all on them. Crazy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...police/491435/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 8:18AM, wrote:
On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
-- https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.

Including organized crime members who target these Blacks? Suddenly, the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK could grow suspect.

(there is a reason that 'All Lives Matter' was never a big group)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.

Including organized crime members who target these Blacks? Suddenly, the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK could grow suspect.

(there is a reason that 'All Lives Matter' was never a big group)

Ok, perhaps I'm being naive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/07/2020 01:04 AM, wrote:
[...]

I grew up being told if you fight with the police you get your ass
kicked and they like it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Just one of thousands of stories:

"My name is Yunek Moore. I am a Black woman, a college graduate, and a
survivor of police brutality. Im choosing to tell my story because,
sadly, this wasnt the last time something like this happened to a
person of color in Peoria, Illinois, and that must change.

On June 4, 2013, I was a happy 17-year-old looking forward to attending
college at Millikin University. I had just graduated high school, where
I was ranked 11th in my entire class and spoke at graduation as one of
my final duties as Senior Class President.

That night, I was at my friend Ciprianas house, where family and
friends had gathered to celebrate our graduation and Ciprianas
departure for Army basic training. We were having a bonfire in the
backyard, eating smores and drinking Capri Suns.

As I sat in a lawn chair, a bright light suddenly shone in my eyes. I
thought someone at the party was using their phones flashlight or had
turned on the backyard light, so I put my hand up to shield my eyes and
politely asked them to stop pointing it at me. The person ignored my
request and asked for my ID. Confused and still unable to see anything,
I asked the person why she wanted to see my ID card. She never answered
or stated who she was.

Instead, I was yanked out of my chair by what turned out to be three
police officers, two men and one woman.

The officers grabbed me by the wrists and twisted my arms, then dragged
me to the front yard and slammed me up against the brick house. I
thought they were going to break my arm and I told them they were
hurting me. The male officer responded, €œShut the hell up!€

I was handcuffed, then dragged across the concrete driveway, thrown onto
the hood of the squad car, and searched. As my friends came up to ask
why this was happening, the officers screamed at them, €œGet back!€

The officers shoved me into the back of the squad car, punching and
pushing my body. I gasped in pain as I sat awkwardly in the back seat,
scared and stunned that this was happening. Not once did anyone tell me
why I was being arrested or what I had done wrong.

At this point, my right shoulder was in excruciating pain, my right knee
was swollen, and I had swelling and cuts on both my wrists. I was taken
to the Peoria County Jail, where I asked for medical attention, but was
denied. I was held until 5:30 a.m. the next day, when they finally let
my mother pick me up.

Later, I learned I had a torn labrum in my shoulder and an incapacitated
wrist, which €” combined €” required three surgeries, steroid injections,
and physical therapy over the next several years. My entire right side
was immobilized and one doctor said that my injuries looked like what
football players might have after years of being tackled.

Beyond my physical injuries, this experience has taken a huge toll on me
mentally. Im now fearful of the police, and I constantly worry that
something like this could happen to me again.

There was nothing illegal happening at the party. Yet I was arrested and
cited for €œresisting or obstructing a peace officer.€ The officers said
they entered the backyard out of concern for the safety of those at the
party, but the only danger anyone faced that night was at the hands of
the Peoria Police Department.

These past six years, my family and I have witnessed how little
accountability there is for police officers in Peoria. Without
accountability, the unnecessary and excessive use of force I experienced
will continue to happen to others.

Our city is no stranger to the kinds of headlines about fatal police
interactions that we see across the country. We all know the tragic
story of Eddie Russell Jr., who was shot 17 times by the Peoria Police
Department despite their knowledge of his history of mental health crises.

Its time we fight for justice for our fellow community members and
demand real reform in the Peoria Police Department."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.

Including organized crime members who target these Blacks? Suddenly, the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.

Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?Â* Suddenly,
the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK
could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?Â* Suddenly,
the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK
could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

A good start would be to rescind all those gun control laws . Let the
average citizen have guns too so they are equally armed . Criminals
ain't going to chance getting shot by an irate victim ... I know for a
fact that being armed has saved my ass a couple of times - and I didn't
even have to take it out of the holster , just the fact that they knew I
was armed was a deterrent .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

One of my white acquaintances was handcuffed to a bench in the police
locker room of the 14th precinct in DC and 2 shifts of cops got to
bitch slap him. **** happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?Â* Suddenly,
the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK
could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

Try harder to solve the murders and lock them up, maybe execute them
on the 3d or 4th murder.
Way more than half go unsolved because it is someone nobody gives a
**** about shooting someone nobody gives a **** about.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?Â* Suddenly,
the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK
could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

Easy. DE-FUND SUBSIDIES FOR FATHERLESS CHILDREN !!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-07 00:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Depends on how you ask the question. Not a lot
of folks are against better policing. Very
few officers are for brutality.

Hmmmm. I thing all police should have body and
dash cams. Does that make me a BLM supporter?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

So you won't complain when it happens to you or your children.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?
Suddenly, the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch"
over in the UK could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

Easy. DE-FUND SUBSIDIES FOR FATHERLESS CHILDREN !!!

I don't see Bob F's post but I'll reply here. Start with broken window
policing along with stop and frisk. Bust a lot of balls in the bad
neighborhoods. They don't like cops so give them a really good reason.

Sure, the libs will whine about racial profiling but that's the reality
in Chicago. In over 90% of the murders both the perp and the victim are
black or brown.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?
Suddenly, the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch"
over in the UK could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

Easy.Â* DE-FUND SUBSIDIES FOR FATHERLESS CHILDRENÂ* !!!

I don't see Bob F's post but I'll reply here. Start with broken window
policing along with stop and frisk. Bust a lot of balls in the bad
neighborhoods. They don't like cops so give them a really good reason.

Sure, the libs will whine about racial profiling but that's the reality
in Chicago. In over 90% of the murders both the perp and the victim are
black or brown.

That is a good idea whilst we wait for fatherhood to
take over. But without fatherhood, the above is only
a treatment, not a cure.

This is all because of racism on the Democrats part.
Before the Great Society, black fatherlessness and
crime were slightly below that of whites. Now thanks
to subsidizing fatherlessness for votes, we have this
situation. Democrats are all about dependence,
regardless of the consequences on society.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 19:15:37 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

I mean the US government should do something about it's forsaken senile
pensioners that obviously aren't properly looked after in the US, babbling
senile lowbrowwoman. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 00:07:48 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Easy. DE-FUND SUBSIDIES FOR FATHERLESS CHILDREN !!!

I don't see Bob F's post but I'll reply here. Start with broken window
policing along with stop and frisk. Bust a lot of balls in the bad
neighborhoods. They don't like cops so give them a really good reason.

Sure, the libs will whine about racial profiling but that's the reality
in Chicago. In over 90% of the murders both the perp and the victim are
black or brown.

I, OTOH, am all for "defunding" useless senile blabbermouths such as
yourself, lowbrowwoman!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I will ask them what the **** were you doing?
The difference between an unconstitutional car stop and search and an
ass whipping is usually attitude.
Yes I have been stopped and searched illegally before and I knew I had
the right to say no but it wasn't worth the hassle.
Say Yes Sir, let them see you don't have a trunk full of heroin and
get home in one piece that night.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

Giuliani and Bloomberg proved that theory works in New York. DiBlasio
is giving is the control group to prove it again. Same thugs,
different policy, rising crime rate.
He is well on his way to restoring that Dinkins, Koch New York we all
got to joke about.
Like...
"What is a Democrat, A Republican who hasn't been Mugged yet".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

That is really LBJ's fault. The rules around "Great Society" welfare
programs were such that if the Mom kicked that out of work sperm donor
out, she got a bigger check.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said
they view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively,
Support Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

That's good, but maybe a better message would be *ALL lives matter*.
Including organized crime members who target these Blacks?Â* Suddenly,
the purposes of military groups like "The Black Watch" over in the UK
could grow suspect.

You mean the black gang members in Chicago that mostly kill other
blacks? Yeah, you'd think the mayor would do something about that.

Do tell us exactly how you would solve the problem.

Easy. DE-FUND SUBSIDIES FOR FATHERLESS CHILDREN !!!

What happens then? The children starve in the streets?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

Or just maybe 14 year olds will stop having babies so they "get their
OWN check" .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

Tough call. The theory is that with no money they will not have the
kids in the first place. I don't see that being a deterrent though.
Many men in those areas brag how many babies they made no matter how
many mothers.

A single young woman I know worked with a number of Hispanics. They
could not understand why she didn't have a baby yet.

Different cultural mores.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

14-year-olds don't have the judgment to make that decision. In
the absence of strong societal pressures to not engage in premarital
sex, they'll have out-of-wedlock babies any.

In the presence of strong societal pressures to not engage in
premarital sex, it will still happen albeit not as frequently.
I am the product of such a birth.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

OR, you are black, and get shot reaching for your license.

There is a big difference, and it is time America did something about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

I notice that not one of these righties has said anything about the fact
that blacks have a significant bias against them in getting jobs. The
problem in Chicago are largely based upon economic differences resulting
from systemic racism. Anyplace where populations are poor are going to
have more crime. And anyplace where a population is prosecuted because
of their race is going to have more arrests,, more convictions, more
unemployed ex-cons, and more poverty resulting. And therefore more
crime. You don't break the loop by arresting more poor people. That just
continues it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-07 00:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Depends on how you ask the question.Â* Not a lot
of folks are against better policing.Â* Very
few officers are for brutality.

Hmmmm.Â*Â* I thing all police should have body and
dash cams.Â* Does that make me a BLM supporter?

Would you support laws that lying on police reports results in police
being fired?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Let's be honest.
The people with money and influence created laws that repress blacks through out history.
The people in Portland and Minneapolis know this and are just reacting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Cops shoot white people too. I agree if they kill someone who was not
fighting with them it is a crime but that is not Michael Brown, Freddy
Gray, George Floyd, Eric Garner or Taser Boy in Atlanta. The cops who
shot Breonna Taylor should rot in jail for the rest of their lives but
the cop who shot Vicki Weaver should have too and nothing happened to
him. I bet you were not protesting that murder, she was white.

On 07/08/2020 08:04, wrote:
[...]

Maybe if they actually graduated high school and learned something and
were not simply being promoted by age, they would be more employable.
The thug culture does not place much value in that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-07 00:04, wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Depends on how you ask the question.Â* Not a lot
of folks are against better policing.Â* Very
few officers are for brutality.

Hmmmm.Â*Â* I thing all police should have body and
dash cams.Â* Does that make me a BLM supporter?

Would you support laws that lying on police reports results in police
being fired?

That is a union problem. It is very hard to fire any government union
person for anything. Maybe they should fire educators who lie on
diplomas and say people actually "passed" high school.