Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 20:27:18 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

When my father was that age (early 1900's)

Oh, no! Not yet another senile bull**** story! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:21:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:52:02 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the senile asshole's troll****

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 20:21:54 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

#WhiteLivesDon'tMean****

Make that WhiteSenileLivesDon'tMean****, senile blabbermouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:19:35 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

wrote:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 11:46:46 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 08/08/2020 10:54 PM, wrote:
People here ignore the function of Ft Sumpter in those blockades.

That doesn't fit the narrative of the dastardly rebels attacking a
defenseless garrison.

FDR took a page out of that book trying to goad the Japanese into a war.
Works like a charm. The US is trying again, sanctioning firms trying to
complete the Nord Stream project, something that is none of its business.

I imagine it bothers the rest of Europe that Germany and
Russia are colluding to corner the natural gas market.

It bothers them, but wouldn't surprise anyone. "If no one else is doing it, then why don't you" -- as the saying goes, right?

Will Germany still be in NATO?

Unless they vote to leave.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2020 11:52 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 8/9/2020 3:26 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

Â*Â* Jump down from that soapbox Boob F . We lived in a mostly black
neighborhood , our kids went to school with black kids and my wife
taught in a mostly black school in the Arkansas Delta region . The
one recurrent theme we found was that most black kids don't do well
in school . Not from lack of talent or intelligence , but because
of PEER PRESSURE . Those black people that gave so much to give
these children a chance to succeed must be spinning in their graves
at the way these kids have thrown away all that they worked and
sacrificed for .

Snag, you really hit it there.Â* That is ne loop that has to be
broken. Too many are not qualified to do a job if one is available.

We had need for some very low skilled workersÂ* I'd never hire anyone
that did not graduate high school.Â* I found out that if you did not
have enough moxie to get through 12 years of school, you were not
going to do well in the workplace either.

Can't agree with that. Mate of mine who I have known since he was a
school
kid is one of those people who arent academic at all. His dad died
when he
was at the bottom of high school and his mother was a school teacher. He
decided to drop out of school a full year before that was even legal.

He ended up doing fine, doing the major media golf events and stuff
like that.

So you know of one.Â* I know of at least a dozen that did not make it
and wasted time hiring and training.

Of course no high school graduate ever did that.

I know of plenty that have.

There is no excuse in the past few decades not to finish school.

It isn't an excuse, its a fact that plenty have enough
of a clue to work out that what is taught in the last
few years of high school will be no use in the sort
of work that they will choose to do, most obviously
with those who are self employed, who chose to
work in trades and in retail.

It is not 1940 any more where you quit to help the family after 8th
grade.

But there are still plenty who dont need what
is taught in the last couple of years of high
school for the sort of work that plenty still
do and do until they choose to retire.

OK, you are right. Every 15 year old knows what he needs and does not
need to be a success in life.

If you drop out of high school it is usually because you don't have the
mental fortitude to stick with anything but you will be a success on
YouTube.

My experience differs from your.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

So you know of one. I know of at least a dozen that did not make it
and wasted time hiring and training. There is no excuse in the past
few decades not to finish school. It is not 1940 any more where you
quit to help the family after 8th grade.

Believe it or not, some people are really incapable of school learning.
Hopefully they can develop other skills and be useful members of
society.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:01:37 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

That has nothing to do with graduating high school. All they have to
do is show up and they will be socially promoted. If they are not
willing to show up in school, they probably won't show up for work.
That is usually the only thing necessary to keep an entry level job
too. In the construction business, a person from a labor pool will be
scooped up by a contractor and trained if they show up and work for a
couple of weeks in a row.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

Jump down from that soapbox Boob F . We lived in a mostly black
neighborhood , our kids went to school with black kids and my wife
taught in a mostly black school in the Arkansas Delta region . The
one recurrent theme we found was that most black kids don't do well
in school . Not from lack of talent or intelligence , but because of
PEER PRESSURE . Those black people that gave so much to give these
children a chance to succeed must be spinning in their graves at the
way these kids have thrown away all that they worked and sacrificed
for .

Snag, you really hit it there. That is ne loop that has to be broken.
Too many are not qualified to do a job if one is available.

We had need for some very low skilled workers I'd never hire anyone
that did not graduate high school. I found out that if you did not
[...]

Some do have enough of a clue to have noticed that
no one they know adult wise uses any of what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school, particularly
with those I listed, or has an adult point that out to them.

If you drop out of high school it is usually because you don't have the
mental fortitude to stick with anything but you will be a success on
YouTube.

Usually is irrelevant to what is true of some that dont
complete high school. In fact it may well be that those
with enough of a clue to have noticed that what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school are likely to be
a more useful employee than those who can't work that out.

My experience differs from your.

Yours isnt experience, its mindless one eyed bigotry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

Fortunately not everyone is as simplistic as Ed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 04:19 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:19:57 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

But some may be smart enough to not waste those 2 or 3 years
like that and prefer to start working in a real job instead.

If they are not willing to show up in school,

they probably won't show up for work.

Thats bull**** too when they choose to work instead
of just showing up at school to get the piece of paper.

That is usually the only thing necessary to keep an entry level
job too. In the construction business, a person from a labor
pool will be scooped up by a contractor and trained if they
show up and work for a couple of weeks in a row.

And that is just as true of those that dont bother with the last
couple of high school years who do what they are told at work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:43:57 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

Marland addressing senile Rodent's tall stories:
"Do you really think people believe your stories you come up with to boost
your self esteem."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:36:20 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:43:57 +1000, "%%" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

We must be talking about different people. Quitting high school to
work is not the usual thing unless you are slinging drugs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

OK, you are right.Â* Every 15 year old knows what he needs and does not
need to be a success in life.

Some do have enough of a clue to have noticed that
no one they know adult wise uses any of what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school, particularly
with those I listed, or has an adult point that out to them.

If you drop out of high school it is usually because you don't have
the mental fortitude to stick with anything but you will be a success
on YouTube.

Usually is irrelevant to what is true of some that dont
complete high school. In fact it may well be that those
with enough of a clue to have noticed that what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school are likely to be
a more useful employee than those who can't work that out.

My experience differs from your.

Yours isnt experience, its mindless one eyed bigotry.

Fine, my bigotry has served well compared to yours. I like people with
character and fortitude and pay them fairly. Dropouts have proved to be
dropouts and don't show up, come in late, don't follow simple
instructions as well as their graduated peers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:43:57 +1000, "%%" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

Nope.

Quitting high school to work is not the
usual thing unless you are slinging drugs.

Thats bull**** with those who are offered a job if they quit high school
before graduating.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

You dont know that either.

I like people with character and fortitude

I like those who have enough of a clue to work
out whether the last couple of years of high
school will be any use to them and who choose
to leave school as soon they can legally, or even
before that and get on with their useful lives.

and pay them fairly. Dropouts

Someone who has enough of a clue to work
out whether the last couple of years of high
school will be any use to them and who chooses
to leave school as soon they can legally, or even
before that and get on with their useful lives isnt a
dropout. Neither is someone who starts at uni and
works out that that isnt for them and leaves instead
of wasting their time completing the degree either.

have proved to be dropouts and don't show up, come in late, don't follow
simple instructions as well as their graduated peers.

Thats hasnt been proven, it is just your prejudice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2020 2:36 PM, %% wrote:

Believe it or not, some people are really incapable of school learning.
Hopefully they can develop other skills and be useful members of
society.

Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

Fortunately not everyone is as simplistic as Ed.

Good for him, if he is that smart he can start and run his business. He
won't be working for mine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2020 2:36 PM, %% wrote:

Believe it or not, some people are really incapable of school learning.
Hopefully they can develop other skills and be useful members of
society.

Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

Fortunately not everyone is as simplistic as Ed.

Good for him, if he is that smart he can start and run his business.

He did.

He won't be working for mine.

Unlikely he cares.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2020 2:36 PM, %% wrote:

Believe it or not, some people are really incapable of school learning.
Hopefully they can develop other skills and be useful members of
society.

Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

Fortunately not everyone is as simplistic as Ed.

Good for him, if he is that smart he can start and run his business.

He did.

He won't be working for mine.

Unlikely he cares.

His business. He gets to set his own standards on
who he hires. He clearly knows what he is doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

I had some eighth graders who were running out the clock until they
could get working papers. I don't know if it was a NYS thing but at 16
you could get a full time employment certificate. At 14 you could get a
part time certificate that assumed you were still in school.

The syllabus said I had to teach the D (for dumb) classes the same
sexagesimal Sumerian numeral system that the A classes were taught. The
D kids couldn't make change in the decimal system.

I lasted a little over three months.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

I had a plant maintenance guy who was illiterate. I got a hint when he
hung an electrical panel upside down despite the 'This Side Up' sticker.

I sent him to the rental place to pick up a powder actuated tool (Hilti)
for a conduit run we were hanging. He came back without it. There was a
10 question written test about basic safety and that was a no go. I went
down, filled out the form, came back with the Hilti, and he proceeded to
run conduit. He could even bend conduit with a Hickey (conduit bender)
and have it come out right. I usually wound up with a mirror image of
what I really wanted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/10/2020 12:19 PM, %% wrote:
Some do have enough of a clue to have noticed that
no one they know adult wise uses any of what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school, particularly
with those I listed, or has an adult point that out to them.

I graduated high school at 16 and didn't have a clue what i wanted to
do. I may have been better off had i worked a few years but that wasn't
in the plan; off to college you go. Four more years and I still was
pretty clueless.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2020 6:07 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

Never ran into any college educated slackers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/9/2020 1:37 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/08/2020 08:59 PM, Snag wrote:
Â* The thing is , just about every "redneck" (**** you J Joyce) out here
is heeled most of the time . Kinda stupid going out in the woods unarmed
. Why a wild bear/boar might try to eat you ! And for sure while I'm out
cutting firewood I like to keep a snake killer handy . Usually a hatchet
will suffice or that though , I mean , this ain't ****cago ...

I've never run into a rattlesnake on this side of the divide or a boar
but we do have two flavors of bears, one of which isn't too friendly,
and cats. I never had a problem with bears or cats but there's always
the first time.

I've never run into a rattler here but have friends that have . Got
lots of copperheads and some water moccasins though . I haven't seen any
razorbacks here , but have seen a few feral pigs which are as bad or
worse . And there are enough bears in our area that we have the largest
harvest quota in the state - several of the neighbors have pictures of
bears on their game cameras , they like deer corn especially if it's
been sweetened with a bit of molasses . I didn't see it happen , but one
of our bee hives was raided a few years back by a bear . That's why
they're all enclosed in an electric fence now .
Got a call from a neighbor early this evening asking if I'd heard the
coyotes raising a ruckus around 6 this morning . He thought it sounded
like it was very near our house ... but I didn't hear anything , and
neither did Max . And he'd damn sure let us know if he heard anything .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/10/2020 09:28 PM, Snag wrote:
I've never run into a rattler here but have friends that have . Got
lots of copperheads and some water moccasins though .

They got plenty over east. The range in Great Falls has the usual
firearms safety posters plus one reminding you to watch out for
rattlesnakes when you go to check your targets.

Got a call from a neighbor early this evening asking if I'd heard the
coyotes raising a ruckus around 6 this morning . He thought it sounded
like it was very near our house ... but I didn't hear anything , and
neither did Max . And he'd damn sure let us know if he heard anything .

They were yelping here last night. A cat I've been feeding didn't show
up for breakfast and I thought it might have been coyote bait but it was
waiting for me when I got home from work.

The thing I like about cats is they're aloof but this is the neediest
damn cat I ever ran into.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2020 2:36 PM, %% wrote:

Believe it or not, some people are really incapable of school
learning.
Hopefully they can develop other skills and be useful members of
society.

Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

Fortunately not everyone is as simplistic as Ed.

Good for him, if he is that smart he can start and run his business.

He did.

He won't be working for mine.

Unlikely he cares.

His business. He gets to set his own standards on who he hires.

No one ever said that he doesnt.,

He clearly knows what he is doing.

He clearly doesnt on that question.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

I had a plant maintenance guy who was illiterate. I got a hint when he
hung an electrical panel upside down despite the 'This Side Up' sticker.

I sent him to the rental place to pick up a powder actuated tool (Hilti)
for a conduit run we were hanging. He came back without it. There was a 10
question written test about basic safety and that was a no go. I went
down, filled out the form, came back with the Hilti, and he proceeded to
run conduit. He could even bend conduit with a Hickey (conduit bender) and
have it come out right. I usually wound up with a mirror image of what I
really wanted.

That's a different issue to someone who decides that they
won't be taught anything useful in the last couple of years
of high school and who choose to start working instead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:19 PM, %% wrote:
Some do have enough of a clue to have noticed that
no one they know adult wise uses any of what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school, particularly
with those I listed, or has an adult point that out to them.

I graduated high school at 16 and didn't have a clue what i wanted to do.

Yes, but plenty of others do know that they do
want to do various things like be a mechanic,
plumber, electrician, build houses etc too.

I may have been better off had i worked a few years but that wasn't in
the plan; off to college you go. Four more years and I still was pretty
clueless.

Someone else in another group was monstered into
starting college and then decided that is wasnt for
him and is one of best electricians around and very
reliable worker who can do anything required.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-10 23:52, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
[...]

I was not taught a whole lot of useful things in either Hi Skool or
University either. Some though.

What my degree(s) proves is that I am willing to take on
a long term project that involves considerable personal
hardship (skool sucks) and see it though to the end.
That is exactly what Bowman is looking for.

Oh ya, I can point out some exceptions too, but
they are exceptions. Sorry, but Bowman knows
what he is doing. And he most probably does not
have the time or energy to dick around trying to find
who the exceptions are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"%%" wrote in message

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
[...]

Sorry, presumably you meant that those who haven't
completed high school can still be useful employees.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-10 23:52, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
[...]

Quite a bit of what I was taught in high school
was useful but I do have two uni degrees.

Not much of the research MSc has been much
use but it did get me into computers back when
it wasnt possible to have your own computer.

What my degree(s) proves is that I am willing to take on
a long term project that involves considerable personal
hardship (skool sucks) and see it though to the end.

But it makes no sense to only employ those with
degrees when you need an electrician, plumber,
hair dresser, cook, manager, mechanic, builder etc.

That is exactly what Bowman is looking for.

Its actually Ed and he isnt actually looking for that,
anyone who completes high school is all he requires
and with the modern system of everyone who shows
up every day when they arent sick gets to graduate, that
requirement only shows that they will turn up every day.

Oh ya, I can point out some exceptions too, but they are exceptions.

Thats far from clear with completing high school.

Sorry, but Bowman knows what he is doing.

No Ed doesnt.

And he most probably does not have the time or energy to dick around
trying to find who the exceptions are.

But requiring that they finish high school proves nothing employability
wise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:31:36 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

They were yelping here last night. A cat I've been feeding didn't show
up for breakfast and I thought it might have been coyote bait but it was
waiting for me when I got home from work.

The thing I like about cats is they're aloof but this is the neediest
damn cat I ever ran into.

You can bet she's not as needy as you forsaken senile blabbermouth,
lowbrowwoman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 10:50:42 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:18:14 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Fine, my bigotry has served well compared to yours. I like people with
character and fortitude and pay them fairly. Dropouts have proved to be
dropouts and don't show up, come in late, don't follow simple
instructions as well as their graduated peers.

Never ran into any college educated slackers?

What off topic **** is this now about, senile gossip?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:16:44 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I graduated high school at 16

Oh, no! More senile ****!

FLUSH rest unread
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:58:31 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 10:26:20 +1000, %%lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

FLUSH troll**** unread