Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 8/9/2020 1:37 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/08/2020 08:59 PM, Snag wrote:
Â* The thing is , just about every "redneck" (**** you J Joyce) out here
is heeled most of the time . Kinda stupid going out in the woods unarmed
. Why a wild bear/boar might try to eat you ! And for sure while I'm out
cutting firewood I like to keep a snake killer handy . Usually a hatchet
will suffice or that though , I mean , this ain't ****cago ...

I've never run into a rattlesnake on this side of the divide or a boar
but we do have two flavors of bears, one of which isn't too friendly,
and cats. I never had a problem with bears or cats but there's always
the first time.

I've never run into a rattler here but have friends that have . Got
lots of copperheads and some water moccasins though . I haven't seen any
razorbacks here , but have seen a few feral pigs which are as bad or
worse . And there are enough bears in our area that we have the largest
harvest quota in the state - several of the neighbors have pictures of
bears on their game cameras , they like deer corn especially if it's
been sweetened with a bit of molasses . I didn't see it happen , but one
of our bee hives was raided a few years back by a bear . That's why
they're all enclosed in an electric fence now .
Got a call from a neighbor early this evening asking if I'd heard the
coyotes raising a ruckus around 6 this morning . He thought it sounded
like it was very near our house ... but I didn't hear anything , and
neither did Max . And he'd damn sure let us know if he heard anything .
--
Snag