Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 2020-08-10 23:52, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

I had a plant maintenance guy who was illiterate. I got a hint when he
hung an electrical panel upside down despite the 'This Side Up' sticker.

I sent him to the rental place to pick up a powder actuated tool
(Hilti) for a conduit run we were hanging. He came back without it.
There was a 10 question written test about basic safety and that was a
no go. I went down, filled out the form, came back with the Hilti, and
he proceeded to run conduit. He could even bend conduit with a Hickey
(conduit bender) and have it come out right. I usually wound up with a
mirror image of what I really wanted.

That's a different issue to someone who decides that they
won't be taught anything useful in the last couple of years
of high school and who choose to start working instead.

I was not taught a whole lot of useful things in either Hi Skool or
University either. Some though.

What my degree(s) proves is that I am willing to take on
a long term project that involves considerable personal
hardship (skool sucks) and see it though to the end.
That is exactly what Bowman is looking for.

Oh ya, I can point out some exceptions too, but
they are exceptions. Sorry, but Bowman knows
what he is doing. And he most probably does not
have the time or energy to dick around trying to find
who the exceptions are.