Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:21:38 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/13/2020 05:33 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ralph Mowery presented the following explanation :
In article , says...
don't have a CCW but would not carry a Glock. I have that old habit
of putting my finger on the trigger. I believe some police have been
shot with their own gun when it was grabbed from them and the
criminal did not have to worry about how to take off the safety.
Police have also shot themselves in the leg drawing their Glock.

Seems that many poiice do not shoot very well.

Glock did come out with what is called a New York trigger. Instead of
the more normal 5 pounds of pressure to set it off, it is more like 12
to 15 pounds of pull.

One of the better ones is that an officer was carrying a 1911. He had
drawn it that day for some reason,but did not fire it. Later back at
the office he needed to take a dump. Hung it up on the coat hook on
the door. When he went to get it again, the trigger hit the hook and
it fired at least two times before he got it under control. So even a
safety does no good if you forget to put it on.

My service weapon (1911) had a safety on the grip as well as the lever
selector one, the half-cocked one, and the pushed muzzle one.

Are there different model 1911's?

There are variations since so many manufacturers got into the game
besides the plain vanilla GI Colt but except for a few customs they all
have the grip safety. The Spanish Star PD was a copy of the design and
didn't have the grip safety although it did have the thumb safety.

I had a no name South American 1911 that was supposed to be "Bergmann
Barnyard" from what I was told but it chambered and fired 38 super so
that is all I fed it.
It was a clone of the GI 1911a1 with all the features.
I ended up trading it for my 97 Winchester.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:44AM, Frank wrote:
I hunted deer in PA and DE with black powder.

" On 08/13/2020 06:44 AM, Frank wrote:
I hunted deer in PA and DE with black powder. DE changed but it was

"Of the 36,383 Americans killed with guns each year, 22,274 are gun suicides ( 61%), 12,830 are gun homicides (35%), 496 are law enforcement shootings ( 1.4%), and 487 are unintentional shootings (1.3%). "

-- https://lawcenter.giffords.org/facts...ce-statistics/

Safety switches are good. Unintentional shootings are a problem: